Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Okay, that makes sense I guess.

I does however also prevent secondary effects of the bonus. In the case of Guerilla 3, it prevents the hill attack bonus from being obtained.

Maybe it should only be prevented if the promotion does not have a secondary bonus.

No, I don't immediately see why that would happen. Do you have an example?
I think I got the source of this bug. Promoting those units with that promotion will give them a withdraw chance higher than the MAX_WITHDRAWAL_PROBABILITY. The code below (CvUnit.cpp) prevents this from happening.

Code:
bool CvUnit::isPromotionValid(PromotionTypes ePromotion) const
{
    [...]

if (promotionInfo.getWithdrawalChange() + m_pUnitInfo->getWithdrawalProbability() + getExtraWithdrawal() > GC.getDefineINT("MAX_WITHDRAWAL_PROBABILITY"))
    {
        return false;
    }

[...]

return true;
}
There goes my plan of raising an army that's invincible on the offensive. Longbowmen and skirmishers have 50% withdrawal rate. If they go through the Guerilla promotion line, they'll get 100% withdrawal at the end if not for this.

The turn took a while for me to load, maybe you were out of memory?

I think the max withdrawal rate is 80 or 85%, if units would normally be able to get a promotion putting them above this, the promotion is disabled

Damn it with me :wallbash:, it has been so long since my last gaming I already forgot a half of what I was talking about :hammer2:

So...

This savefile shows that when completing the first satellite-project by myself, it does NOT cause anarchy to the rest of the nations working with the same project. In this case it would be USA.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1981-July Turn 673.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
This sounds like you and America both complete the project at the same time. But I'll look later what the exact situation in the save is.

This sounds like you and America both complete the project at the same time. But I'll look later what the exact situation in the save is.

That is not the case. To be sure I made a double check. This time I made it sure that I completed the project 1 turn before the USA -> NO anarchy.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-1981-July Turn 673 satellite.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
Looks like since reinstalling Civ4, I forgot to patch the EXE, once I did that it stopped crashing.
Good to hear you could fix it.

That is not the case. To be sure I made a double check. This time I made it sure that I completed the project 1 turn before the USA -> NO anarchy.
Alright.

It is so RARE that a bug pops up in v1.15, that I wanted to report it directly.

Spoiler Bugged CvRFCEventHandler.onBeginGameTurn :
upload_2019-2-11_10-53-9.png

Attached is a save file from the turn right before it happens (just press Enter). If save files from previous turns are needed, I can provide them.

Attachments

• Muhammad ibn Tughluq AD-1742 Turn 335.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
upload_2019-2-11_15-5-31.png
A massive world war-event happened and a ton of error popped up. The save is 2 turns away from this if needed. Mod-version is .RAR file about a month ago.

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-2010-July Turn 731.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Oh it's the elusive overflow bug, awesome!

I am readying my master ball.

Is it WAD that on longer game speeds like marathon that conquest of reasonably cultured cities results in them being starved to death? 15 turns of unrest is common which generally drops the cities to a population of 1

Also, can you please require mountains in the BFC of a city that is going to build Mole Antonelliana? I just watched England build it in Dublin

Last edited:
Top Bottom