1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Please do, but no need to hurry.

2. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

Okay, the game with the early Orthodox monastery is attached: Darius Turn 86.

Also, any clue what the problem is in Xerxes Turn 411, which consistently CtD when I end the turn?

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  3. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

I get the following error report when trying to load the 600 AD scenario: Failed to read worldbuilder file "mods\rfc dawn of civilization\privatemaps\rfc 600ad.civbeyondswordwbsave"

4. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

Have you tried this?

5. lfgr

lfgr King

When ending the turn in the attached savegame, a 65280-turn byzantine revolt starts in Babylon. I appear to have more culture than them in that city, so I'm not sure if there is even supposed to be a revolt.

Another oddity from that game is that I vassalized the turks, and when they got their conquerors, both them and the byzantines declared war on me. I suspect that byzantium declared war on them first (and on me, their master), and only after that they declared war on me.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  6. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

Ah, that's likely the trouble, as I had to use the Git version on account of weirdness with the regular installer. Thanks!

EDIT: And that was it. Thanks again.

This has happened to me while playing the Persians, so it is normal behavior (though I wish it weren't). I think what happens is that the Conqueror events, being scripted to go off regardless of the state of the world, cause the Turks to declare against everyone in the target area, including their masters. But for some reason, when declaring against your neighbors it causes your neighbors to declare against you (as the Turks' master), and only then do the Turks break their vassalage and declare on you. At least, that's the only sequence of events that makes sense to me of what happens. Regardless, vassalizing the Turks creates more problems than leaving them free.

It's nice to have the Turks as a playable civilization. As an AI-led civilization (IMO; your mileage may vary) they are about ten times the headache that the Seljuks ever were.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

I've experienced great wonders being destroyed when choosing to sack a city. I suppose that's completely realistic in RL history, but I'm not sure if it's intended? I thought the hefty gold bonus would be offset by lost buildings and a long revolt timer, a chance to also lose wonders in the city doesn't make it worthwhile... but then that's not every city.

So, is it a bug, or the player shouldn't sack cities with wonders to avoid booboos with humanity's invaluable heritage?

Crimean Lord likes this.
  8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It's not intentional, do you have a specific example? Maybe it's specific to certain wonders.

9. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Sacked Constantinople as Holy Rome, and the Theodosian Walls were destroyed the first turn. The Hagia Sofia stayed put.
    Also sacked Lasa as China, and the Potala Palace went missing.

Maybe it's the new wonders, with id numbers greater than the default ones, that are not protected from sacking?

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, there should be a building property that protects them from damage. Do you still have saves where that happens?

11. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

This save has the China player having just conquered Lasa to sack it. I think it's working the same in every reload. By the time 2 turns of revolt are left, all buildings have been destroyed but the Potala Palace. Including the GP buildings present. The Palace is destroyed in the last revolt turn, leaving a barren city.

Attached Files:

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Do you also happen to have a save right before the conquest?

13. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

Civilopedia says that Compass confers ability for early ships to enter Capes and Ocean tiles. It confers on Capes but my ships still can’t enter Ocean. Is there some other conditions required to open Oceans? Otherwise it seems like a bug.

14. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

I have the save from the turn before, not right before the conquest on the same turn I'm afraid. I tested again till the revolt died, but this time the Potala Palace survived. Not so every other building. Don't know if it's random, but in all my tests the building destruction at Rasa is fierce.

Attached Files:

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

There should not be a technology that opens Ocean, only ships specifically built for Ocean travel can enter Ocean tiles. Where does the pedia show this? Is there a screenshot?

Okay, please keep an eye out for a save where this is reproducible. I need a save before the conquest because the amount of damage is decided right when the city is captured.

16. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

Okay, so I guess I read the entries for war galleys, heavy galleys, etc wrong. They say “Cannot enter ocean, cape (until compass)”. I thought “until compass” took both ocean and cape within its scope, but it only covers the latter. Gotcha, thx!

lfgr and 1SDAN like this.
  17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Ah okay, I admit it's a bit misleading.

Mxzs and 1SDAN like this.
  18. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

The 2nd Mali UHV activates after 1350, not 1500 as is stated in the victory conditions (current version).

Leoreth likes this.
  19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

@haakonsfls sorry this took forever but the cause of this bug was particularly difficult to figure out. But you can now continue this game with the latest update, if you still want.

20. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

This last update is amazing, the mod is actually playable on Linux now (with wine 4.0.2). Prior to this, I kept running into a CTD at every 4-6th collapse so rolling a Byzantine start was pretty much impossible. Now I tried rolling two of them and it worked both times. I had to delete a catapult at 0,0 that spawned during autoplay but after that it continued without an issue. (and for some reason there were a few Western Roman units at 0,0 as well so I actually met them before my spawning date)