Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Is there any point in me mentioning the Python exceptions that crop up about 20% of the time when a civilization collapses or is reborn? I asked once if other people had these issues, and no one did.

Spoiler :
Unidentifiable C++ exception
File RFCUtils, line 184, in makeUnit
File RFCUtils, line 1895, in flipUnit
File RFCUtils, line 1889, in flipUnit
File RFCUtils, line 1921, in flipOrCreateDefenders
Stability, line 531, in secedeCity
Stability, line 501, in secedeCity
Stability, line 554, in completeCollapse
Stability, line 50, in checkTurn
CivRFCEventHandler, line 660, in onBeginGameTurn
BugEventManager, line 400 in _handleDefaultEvent

These are always followed the next turn by a CtD, but on a reload from an earlier save they typically don't recur when the bad turn comes around again.

Is there any point in me mentioning the Python exceptions that crop up about 20% of the time when a civilization collapses or is reborn? I asked once if other people had these issues, and no one did.

Spoiler :

These are always followed the next turn by a CtD, but on a reload from an earlier save they typically don't recur when the bad turn comes around again.
I frequently got these crashes until one of the latest patches (only when playing on Linux, win7 and win10 worked fine); haven't encountered them since then.

Maybe the brooklyn bridge would put levees in coastal cities if you are dutch? :D

I saw mention that there was a few patches with crashes but they were quickly fixed, cheers for that

They are definitely indicative of an error, if you could provide a save where they occur I can determine what kind.

I will next time.

Spoiler :

Thing is when you for example attack, use a missionary, destroy a cottage etc... The random factor becomes different (help sometimes to avoid a losing streak :p), then ending the turn you can get different random, events. I've seen sometimes a Civilization not re-appear when they did another time ob the same turn (but not often), same with declaring wars etc...

I have seen a few games with for example Spain not surviving being gone in like 800AD... When I explore in that direction as Byzantium, India even England. While Rome an Carthage were gone already. Maybe the Moors finish them off early, when Spain claims a city of their not sure? Or maybe the Moors catch a settler and build near Madrid? Their spawn areas overlap.

Last edited:

Spoiler :

Yes, and there would be even more of a point in submitting a save to reproduce it.

You have to catch it by saving before the turn ends, or does an autosave catch it at the start of a turn too?

Cause if you load a previous autosave (I have it sat at each turn), you have to do exactly the same actions to make it happen again.

I just for fun started a Maya to see if the spot NW was better to start and tons of error messages swooped by as the turns passed. did worldbuilder and everything looked okay. Only have this autosave from when they start.

I can't upload the pythonerror log for some reason, get an error message.

I got it again when starting another maya run.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Stone Age Turn 114.CivBeyondSwordSave
    349.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
You have to catch it by saving before the turn ends, or does an autosave catch it at the start of a turn too?

Cause if you load a previous autosave (I have it sat at each turn), you have to do exactly the same actions to make it happen again.
Checked and the python errors are solved, great work :D
Oh great, but the Python error I had been asking saves for above seems to be a different error.

Yeah I got a look out on those, does it have to be a save before the error message or is after okay too?

Always before, even if it's the turn before. The error needs to be reproducible.

I noticed but maybe it is intended if a nation appears and declares war on your at sight like Arabs to Byzantium, Aztec to Maya. When they claim a city and you give it to them they still get 'Some of your forces join their war of liberation' notice. Making a 1-5 units leave each turn for 4-5 turns. It makes it pretty weird just had it happen again when Puh (that aztec barbarian city that spawns), I gave it away but still...

Please upload a save where that happens. Before you make the decision to accept the flip.

I've attached a save where this happens (hopefully the right one). I actually tried fixing this locally by removing the division by (len(lWeakerAttitudes) / 2) and (len(lStrongerAttitudes) / 2) if they are equal to 0 but I think I ended up breaking the whole system - I got a -5 foreign stability penalty where the previous system only gave -1, even though I was at the bottom of the scoreboard.
Still an issue on the latest version, attached a new save where it happens. (or at least it's almost the same bug, but this time it's setting iRelationStronger)

Attachments

• Pericles Bronze Age Turn 213 error again.CivBeyondSwordSave
    281.2 KB · Views: 42
France collapsed, ctd
Worked for me, not even that much of a waiting time that suggest memory issues. If you are on git, check the latest updates.

I can't build Al Khazneh in the 600AD scenario. Is this intended?
To answer this months later, this wonder can only be built by civs starting in the Classical era or earlier.

It seems that my city will forever be in unrest! :crazyeye:
Spoiler :

I don't know if this is a known issue but I attached the turn that came before the revolt and the turn the revolt occurred on.

I'll just world builder fix it in the mean-time. Thank you for the wonderful mod!
I know this is late, but do you by any chance have a save before Cluj-Napoca is conquered? Otherwise I won't be able to find out what caused the negative culture on the tile.

I can still make papal decisions when I have just embraced the reformation.
View attachment 534027
I reproduced this on my own and the Pope is reset when I adopt Protestantism (it should check every time the current Pope changes their state religion). If you keep encountering this, please report a save before adopting a non-Catholic religion.

I don't know if this one has been brought to attention with 1.16:

I controlled Odessa as the Ottoman, and it was the only city in the labeled Black sea region. However, I still failed the 2nd UHV. I tried to WB and control the Russian city (which was not in the Black Sea region) and still failed.

Attachments

• Mehmed II AD-1695 Turn 320 bug black sea.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Top Bottom