Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I've tried a few times, but the game always crashes on my computer when I click "next turn":( I was really happy about my Russian empire with its ridiculous amount of cities, being number on in score and a military powerhouse, but struggling quite a bit to stay afloat economically (I like roleplaying history a bit).

I want to add that I really love the mod and how it is developing:) I think all the new wonders in the new version really added some nice additional flavour to different civilizations and lots of new possible ways to play them.
Sorry that it took me so long to get here, and I am still investigating the actual cause, but you can salvage this game by deleting the Italian stack in Florence. You can even recreate the units afterwards and it should continue.

There seems to be some issues with the evaluation of resource trade. I saw it multiple times that a trade is refused(say, copper for wine), but when I then offer copper and ask what they would give me for this they offer the same deal.

I had Ethiopia respawn from my territory while I had +12 stability and no negative expansion stability. Is this WAD? If it is, can you explain what conditions influence if this will happen or not?

did you control all of their core? because if there are indie cities or cities owned by unstable civs, respawns can still happen and they affect your cities as well

Oh, huh... I suppose Mogadishu was held by Natives. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the implementation of that! I guess that's what Worldbuilder is for. :)

Iran starts with the Image of the World Square built in 1700 AD without having the requisite tech unlocked (Geography). Is this intended?

Is the goal for each of the different scenarios to have the same resource placement, or have slightly edited resource placement to accommodate the different needs of each start date? There's a few inconsistencies between the scenarios.

Just got this. Likely related: the heroic gesture of mercy peace event fired.
Do you have the save where this happens, i.e. before the event?

Is the goal for each of the different scenarios to have the same resource placement, or have slightly edited resource placement to accommodate the different needs of each start date? There's a few inconsistencies between the scenarios.
Some inconsistencies are deliberate.

Here you go. Ending turn should have the message pop up. I played the 5th of August build.

Attachments

• eventhandler bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
Hi Leoreth
First time poster but long time fan of the mod. Really great work!
I've been playing a Rome game and completed all 3 UHVs. Not managed to do this before and was excited to see what would happen next. But the game crashes repeatedly at this point. I've attached the save. You'll see that there is a great scientist in Rome. Select the discover tech option (I just need machinery to complete the 3rd UHV) and the game will crash to desktop. Looking back, I think other people have experienced similar things (playing other civs) when completing the final UHV. Any chance you could take a look and see if this can be fixed?
Cheers!

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar AD-0480 Turn 266.CivBeyondSwordSave
    977.5 KB · Views: 49
Hey, thanks for playing and great to hear you're enjoying the mod. I have seen reports like this before, but could not figure out the reason yet. Thank you for supplying more evidence here. Do you also have a save from before completing the third goal, in case that introduces the error?

Alright I recreated the 0 pop bug at the start of the 1700 AD scenario. Kopenhagen is set to be razed, a Great Artist and Great Statesman are placed inside for you to experiment with. Works just as previously described in the General Discussion thread.

Attachments

• 0 pop.CivBeyondSwordSave
    667.9 KB · Views: 100
I don't know if this is a bug or permissible behavior. But in a Persian game, when Shush flipped to me, I found an Orthodox Monastery inside it. It couldn't produce Orthodox Missionaries, and I couldn't switch religions to Orthodoxy, but the building did produce extra culture and science.

It's a DoC 1.16 game save, and can't be loaded, crash to desktop. Is there anything can do to make it playable?
It seems a crash in CvGameCoreDLL.dll
The screenshot is here
Spoiler :
error.jpg

Also, the PythonErr.log is empty, and here is PythonErr2.log. @Leoreth

Attachments

• Saladin AD-1080 Turn 229.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • PythonErr2.txt
    69.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I don't know if this is a bug or permissible behavior. But in a Persian game, when Shush flipped to me, I found an Orthodox Monastery inside it. It couldn't produce Orthodox Missionaries, and I couldn't switch religions to Orthodoxy, but the building did produce extra culture and science.
Orthodoxy isn't founded yet, I assume?

Orthodoxy does not appear to be founded. No cities have Orthodoxy present in them -- not even Shush, with its Orthodox Monastery -- and none of the leaders (including the Native and Barbarian) have Ethics as a tech. I will have to find my thumbdrive, which has gone on walkabout, before I can upload a copy of the game, if that is necessary.

Please do, but no need to hurry.

Top Bottom