1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I looked into this and it is technically working as intended, but this helped me discover a number of issues. What happened here is that in both cases, Poland and Italy collapsed and Holy Rome/Austria had a claim on their cities. In the first situation, they had the best claim to get Gdansk and Krakow, which brought them back. They then received Vienna and Budapest because they were independent at the time. Same situation with Italy, they had the best claim on Venica and could then also take Vienna and Budapest on top.

I see multiple issues with this:
    - Poland should not be in the Holy Roman respawn area
    - Venice should not be in the Austrian respawn area
    - in the Poland case, I don't think the initial respawn (not considering extra cities awarded later) should succeed if it has no own core cities and only core cities of the collapsing civ (this also applies to the Italy case)
    - in the Italy case, I also don't think a respawn should succeed when it only has one city (unless the full respawn area has only one city)

I corrected these issues in 1.16.2, but they only further complicated the "respawn from collapse" code. The problem here is also in part that these limitations were already in place for "normal" respawns, but the code handling collapses wasn't using it. So on develop I will probably reimplement the respawn from collapse code to share more logic with the normal respawn code, including these new rules.

2. keli

keli Prince

I keep getting crashes after winning the games. However if it works for you then probably it's something with my installation. I use the Steam version.

3. Leoreth

Not necessarily. Just to clarify, do I understand your original comment correctly that you also have no modules like the soundtrack module or VD installed? Any special settings?

4. keli

keli Prince

Only the core DoC that's uploaded to the main thread, no VD or any other add-ons or modules.

Leoreth likes this.
  5. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Got some bugs to report from my latest game as France:

1.) Got a Python exception in 1129 AD. I think it has to do with the Portuguese spawn, because they actually ended up not spawning in my game.
    Spoiler Python Exception :

20200725151032_1.jpg

2.) Holy Rome respawned out of an unstable Poland/Iran, but none of the cities that they respawned into were even in Holy Rome's historical area.
    Spoiler Odd Holy Rome respawn :

20200725153613_1.jpg
    20200725152029_1.jpg

3.) The Steel Company expanded into Spanish cities in the 18th century, well before anybody was close to the tech prerequisite. The company also prematurely expanded into my cities later on, but I forgot to grab a save of that. The attached save game also is of when I noticed the Spanish had the Steel Company in their cities, not when it first spread.
    Spoiler Premature Steel Company :

20200725152428_1.jpg

4.) Had this Python Exception popup for the Trading Company event, every time I moused over the "Draft an army..." option.
    Spoiler Trading Company python exception :

20200725152628_1.jpg

5.) After deliberating every congress in the game, starting with the first one in 1801, this python exception would popup at the end, and ultimately, no cities ever transferred hands through the congress. (That I could tell, anyways.)
    Spoiler Congress python exception :

20200725152900_1.jpg

I also noticed that there was somehow a Phoenician workboat that hung around Moorish north-Africa? I don't know when exactly he spawned, but he was alive for several centuries, and I even traded maps with him a couple of times. :lol:

The Ottomans never spawned in my game either. (Which turned out fine, as the Iranians captured a super empire and kinda played the role of the Ottomans for us civilizations in Europe, haha.)

One last thing, this python exception pops up whenever you try to spawn a Great Person for yourself in the Worldbuilder.
    Spoiler Great Person python exception :

20200725154435_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Leoreth and 1SDAN like this.
  6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Ran out of files I could upload: Heres the saves for 4 and 5.

Attached Files:

7. Leoreth

Thanks! Some of them look like I have already fixed them in the meantime.

1SDAN and Hickman888 like this.
  8. Leoreth

I assume this is a 3000 BC game where Phoenicia collapsed? Can you check via the power graph if the ship stuck around or if it somehow came back later?

9. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Actually, it's a 600 AD game, which makes it even stranger. The earliest savegame that I saved, 1130 AD, he was alive. So for all I know, he was alive since 600 AD.

10. Leoreth

Oh weird. Can you enable cheat mode and look at the score graph to see when it shows up?

Hickman888 likes this.
  11. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Ottomans are not spawning in their starting date (1280) even when the Turks take cities in Anatolia. Just end the turn and you will see their absence.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Got a lot of
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 378, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Events", line 12, in handler_func
    File "Barbs", line 140, in spawnBarbarians
    File "Barbs", line 389, in checkSpawn
    File "Barbs", line 463, in spawnInvaders
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'adjective'

during Ethiopia 3000 BC autoplay

13. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

I enabled Chiptole and tried looking, but Carthage has 0 score, so I couldn't find him on the graph at all. I did notice that in my save right before the Portugal spawn, there was a Carthaginian galley with a settler right off the Portuguese shore. He disappears the next turn, presumably lost to the Portuguese flip, but I'm not certain.

Edit: Okay, I played around with it, and I think it might be related to that python exception at the Portuguese spawn. I took control of Carthage via chipotle, and I sailed the galley/settler outside of the Portuguese flip zone. The next turn, there was no python error, and Portugal spawned just fine!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  14. Leoreth

Weird! Most likely thing I can think of is I mixed up the player ID and civ ID for Portugal and the other turned out to be Phoenicia. But I haven't looked into the save yet.

15. Dominus the Mentat

This happened a few times in the game for me, but only when someone founded Tunis. A galley, a settler and a work boat belonging to Carthage appeared close to the city.
    Civ4ScreenShot0393.JPG

I have found other bugs:
    This python exceptions have show up when Protestantism has found.
    Civ4ScreenShot0395.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0396.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0397.JPG
    There is an error in the maximum number of converted population in the first goal of the Islam URV.
    Civ4ScreenShot0394.JPG

Hickman888 and Leoreth like this.
  16. Leoreth

Oh that's great, with that I can fix the Phoenician unit spawn easily.

Do you have a save from before the Protestantism founding by any chance? Should be easy to fix regardless but that way I can check immediately if I was successful, and reconstructing such a situation is rather tedious.

17. Dominus the Mentat

I have, but I tried to replicate the issue without success.

P.S.: When trying to replicate the issue, a dead Spain declared war on Vikings in the same turn that Protestantism is found (1510).
    Civ4ScreenShot0398.JPG

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  18. Leoreth

Target cities are randomly selected for the reformation event each time, maybe that is what makes the difference.

19. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

An error regarding a seceding city.

Save is one turn before the colapse/error, but i forced it by overpopulating because it didn't happen naturally again.

Attached Files:

20. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Actualy the error message keeps repeating every turn.