1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Error regading a civ spawn.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  2. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

And one in the indian victory conditions.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  3. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

Another one for the Russians.

Attached Files:

4. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

The Germans named Austrian Empire in 900 AD.

Attached Files:

5. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Catholic and Zoroastrian URV goals have some errors regarding the maximum numbers in the victory screen.
    Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG

6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Yes, to the update following that one. Should I avoid doing that in the future?

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

It shouldn't be a problem too often (I didn't realise it would be myself, which is why I didn't leave a warning), but if you want to be on the safe side, yes.

Hickman888 likes this.
  8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Thanks for reporting this with a save included. It helped me figure out what was going on. Counter to what I said earlier, there was no error in the logic determining the disappearing religion, neither was there any inherent bias toward removing Zoroastrianism after a certain year in the code anymore (I must have removed it already). In fact, the code selecting the religion to disappear included a provision to always keep the state religion present in the city.

Instead, after the disappearing religion was determined the variable was ignored and a completely different variable was used to remove the religion. This variable would often end up with Zoroastrianism as its value, simply because it's the last religion in the list (after iterating all religions). In other words, the logic was completely fine and it was a completely unrelated stupid error that kept targeting Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrian dark ages should be over.

I still took the opportunity to improve the code a little bit. Instead of picking the religion to disappear mostly randomly out of a list of possibly disappearing religions, there is now a priority list. It mainly takes into account the spread chances in the current city, but is also modified by the presence of religious buildings. In other words, you have some control over which religion disappears by having its buildings in the city. Having religious buildings does not reduce the chances of a religion disappearing in general, though.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

This is another case where the Apostolic Palace agrees to assign a city from a Protestant civ to a Catholic civ without the Protestant player being given the option to refuse or even a notification.

If you still have saves from this game, anything that is before the previous turn would be helpful.

10. Seakin

Seakin Chieftain

I noticed in my games that Catholicism never spawned from the Great Schism event but only later from resarching the tech (or possible a cathedral build).
    The save contains a roman collapse where i would asumme the event to happen.

Attached Files:

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  11. Caesar Augustus

Caesar Augustus Prince

I haven't played far enough to know if it's just a display error or not but the 2nd Canadian UHV goal starts to show a checkmark by the "Controls all cities in Canada" section at some point after I found my 4th city even though England still controls St. John's.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  12. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Shouldn't it be !isHasBuildingEffect((BuildingTypes)PORCELAIN_TOWER))? (With an ! )

Code:
    bool CvPlayer::isNoForeignTrade() const
    {
        return (getNoForeignTradeCount() > 0);
        return (getNoForeignTradeCount() > 0 && isHasBuildingEffect((BuildingTypes)PORCELAIN_TOWER));
    }

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  13. Dominus the Mentat

Dominus the Mentat Warlord

Some bugs:

1700 scenario - There is a camp improvement 1 tile west of Kaifeng, but no resources in the tile.
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    - Lasa and Qiqihaer begins both with 1 Firelancer and 1 Militia. Is that intended ?
    - Uzbeks leaderhead changes from Tamerlane to Alp Aslan in turn 10 (1730). Is that intended ?

Mongols cannot declare war to any civilization after 10 turns. That makes their first UHV impossible to complete.

Edit: the Abbas save is the leaderhead issue. Just end the turn and you'll see Alp Aslan in Tamerlane place

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  14. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Got a Trading Company error again, and hovering over the "Draft an army..." option pops up the python exception again.
    Spoiler Python exception :
    20200803170336_1.jpg

The Ottomans are also still not spawning in my games. No save to report, but I'll actively observe and get a save during my next playthrough.

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.
  15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes, please keep a pre 1280 save in case you have another game where the Ottomans do not spawn.

Hickman888 likes this.
  16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Hm, the current state of the code doesn't reflect your error message. I don't think you are up to date.

17. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

I was on the update you put out Sunday, or maybe Saturday. I'll update and see if that works.

Edit: I still get the error.
    Spoiler Error :
    20200804184617_1.jpg

18. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

No, sorry. I was on the 1.16.2 code when checking that, so my mistake. Fix is coming.

Hickman888 likes this.
  19. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

That was fast! :lol:

Edit: It works now, thanks!

Leoreth likes this.
  20. ShinobiHus92

ShinobiHus92 Chieftain

Don't know if it's a bug or not but every time you build the Blue Mosque in Konstantiniyye the Hagia Shophia always dissapears from the City