Bug Reports and Technical Issues

And one in the indian victory conditions.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-07-31 161246.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-31 161246.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 20
Another one for the Russians.

Attachments

• Anmerkung 2020-07-31 175127.png
    Anmerkung 2020-07-31 175127.png
    51 KB · Views: 22
The Germans named Austrian Empire in 900 AD.

Attachments

• Peter AD-0904 Turn 625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    875.1 KB · Views: 15
It shouldn't be a problem too often (I didn't realise it would be myself, which is why I didn't leave a warning), but if you want to be on the safe side, yes.

2. I'm playing Persians past their expiration date of 350 AD, and am running Clergy+Zoroastrism as my state religion. Zoroastrism disappears from cities in its core area, where I'm trying to run cities with fully developed state religion buildings. (Screenshot) Is that intended or should I hand over one-turn-before-save files?
If it is intended, I suggest modifying the URV for that religion because it will be a pain to keep reconverting cities and rebuilding the religion buildings every few turns. The URV wants Parsa to achieve Legendary Culture sometime in the Industrial Age, while upholding the religion spread of 10%.
Spoiler Screenshot :
Thanks for reporting this with a save included. It helped me figure out what was going on. Counter to what I said earlier, there was no error in the logic determining the disappearing religion, neither was there any inherent bias toward removing Zoroastrianism after a certain year in the code anymore (I must have removed it already). In fact, the code selecting the religion to disappear included a provision to always keep the state religion present in the city.

Instead, after the disappearing religion was determined the variable was ignored and a completely different variable was used to remove the religion. This variable would often end up with Zoroastrianism as its value, simply because it's the last religion in the list (after iterating all religions). In other words, the logic was completely fine and it was a completely unrelated stupid error that kept targeting Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrian dark ages should be over.

I still took the opportunity to improve the code a little bit. Instead of picking the religion to disappear mostly randomly out of a list of possibly disappearing religions, there is now a priority list. It mainly takes into account the spread chances in the current city, but is also modified by the presence of religious buildings. In other words, you have some control over which religion disappears by having its buildings in the city. Having religious buildings does not reduce the chances of a religion disappearing in general, though.

As the US, the French are flipping Boston and I don't get notified (last git version on develop)
I'm not even sure, at the beginning of the turn it is mine, by my next turn starting it is French, zero notification.
This is another case where the Apostolic Palace agrees to assign a city from a Protestant civ to a Catholic civ without the Protestant player being given the option to refuse or even a notification.

If you still have saves from this game, anything that is before the previous turn would be helpful.

I noticed in my games that Catholicism never spawned from the Great Schism event but only later from resarching the tech (or possible a cathedral build).
The save contains a roman collapse where i would asumme the event to happen.

Attachments

• Hammurabi AD-0321 Turn 492.CivBeyondSwordSave
    555 KB · Views: 16
I haven't played far enough to know if it's just a display error or not but the 2nd Canadian UHV goal starts to show a checkmark by the "Controls all cities in Canada" section at some point after I found my 4th city even though England still controls St. John's.

Attachments

• MacDonald AD-1880 Turn 568.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Porcelain Tower effect overrides no foreign trade routes civic effect

Shouldn't it be !isHasBuildingEffect((BuildingTypes)PORCELAIN_TOWER))? (With an ! )

Code:
bool CvPlayer::isNoForeignTrade() const
{
    return (getNoForeignTradeCount() > 0);
    return (getNoForeignTradeCount() > 0 && isHasBuildingEffect((BuildingTypes)PORCELAIN_TOWER));
}

Some bugs:

1700 scenario - There is a camp improvement 1 tile west of Kaifeng, but no resources in the tile.
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
- Lasa and Qiqihaer begins both with 1 Firelancer and 1 Militia. Is that intended ?
- Uzbeks leaderhead changes from Tamerlane to Alp Aslan in turn 10 (1730). Is that intended ?

Mongols cannot declare war to any civilization after 10 turns. That makes their first UHV impossible to complete.

Edit: the Abbas save is the leaderhead issue. Just end the turn and you'll see Alp Aslan in Tamerlane place

Attachments

• Abbas I AD-1727 Turn 330.CivBeyondSwordSave
    784.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Genghis Khan AD-1280 Turn 249.CivBeyondSwordSave
    723.5 KB · Views: 28
Got a Trading Company error again, and hovering over the "Draft an army..." option pops up the python exception again.
Spoiler Python exception :
20200803170336_1.jpg

The Ottomans are also still not spawning in my games. No save to report, but I'll actively observe and get a save during my next playthrough.

Attachments

• Trade Company Error.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Yes, please keep a pre 1280 save in case you have another game where the Ottomans do not spawn.

Hm, the current state of the code doesn't reflect your error message. I don't think you are up to date.

No, sorry. I was on the 1.16.2 code when checking that, so my mistake. Fix is coming.

Don't know if it's a bug or not but every time you build the Blue Mosque in Konstantiniyye the Hagia Shophia always dissapears from the City

Don't know if it's a bug or not but every time you build the Blue Mosque in Konstantiniyye the Hagia Shophia always dissapears from the City
What do you mean by disappear? Does the building disappear from the building list or does its art no longer get displayed on the world map?

Top Bottom