Bug Reports and Technical Issues

"It" being the link created on your desktop? You can alternately start Beyond the Sword and just use Launch A Mod, or navigate to the mod directory and start the mod by double clicking one of its scenario files.

@Leoreth Thanks for your quick answer. Yes I was referring to the shortcut created on my desktop. I tried starting BtS and selecting the mod, but then it is telling me that the game needs to restart and when I click ok nothing happens.
Where are the scenario files?

Spoiler folders :
upload_2021-8-9_18-42-23.png

Exactly, they should be in PrivateMaps.

Please also verify that your "RFC Dawn of Civilization" folder is located in "Beyond the Sword/Mods/".

Ok, double-clicking (opening with BtS) does open the game, but then I end up on the usual main screen...
And yes the mod is in the right place I think. I also have the original RFC btw, which works fine. Could it create a conflict because the scenarios have the same names?

upload_2021-8-9_22-0-37.png

I also looked at the instructions you gave on the first post, but I couldn't find the _Civ4Config file. But since RFC works fine that's not the issue?

Ok, double-clicking (opening with BtS) does open the game, but then I end up on the usual main screen...
And yes the mod is in the right place I think. I also have the original RFC btw, which works fine. Could it create a conflict because the scenarios have the same names?
Looks good, and there should not be a conflict.

The waiting advice is good. Maybe try to start the mod from the link again, and check the task manager if a CivBeyondSword process is running. When you first start the mod (or the few initial times) it may take a few minutes to load.

Victoria isn't getting credited with her empire

Attachments

• Victoria AD-1730 Turn 331.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Can you be more specific about the issue?

Latest version of develop branch. I don't think Babylon's Dawn of Civilization screen is supposed to look like that. Funny think is that when I launch the mod, the first game it displays normally. When I return to main menu and start a new game this happens. I can get forward by pressing Enter so it's not game breaking.
Spoiler :
Babylon Start Bug.png

Attachments

• Babylon Start Bug.png
    Babylon Start Bug.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 18
Latest version of develop branch. I don't think Babylon's Dawn of Civilization screen is supposed to look like that. Funny think is that when I launch the mod, the first game it displays normally. When I return to main menu and start a new game this happens. I can get forward by pressing Enter so it's not game breaking.
Are you sure you are on the latest version? I ran into this problem and fixed it, at least that's what I thought.

The Mongol first UHV doesn't signs when the player have completed the objective before the deadline. This is in the recent develop version.

Attachments

• Genghis Khan AD-1300 Turn 251 bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 10
The victory condition list doesn't show the historical or religious victory goals after you've changed civs with CTRL-C.

Attachments

• bugvc.jpg
    bugvc.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 21
Yes, goals do not get activated when switching like that. As I said, it's cheat/debug tool.

Tried to update to the latest version and I am now unable to start the game (screenshot attached).

Basically I just used the git pull feature to update the game. Parallelly, I am using blue marble, graphics and sound pack, never had any issue before. How to proceed? thanks

Attachments

• civ error.jpg
    civ error.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 20
  • civ error 2.jpg
    civ error 2.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 18
The Varietas Delectat module isn't compatible with the develop branch.

So what should I do? either delete the varietas delectat or go back one version? If so, how to retrocede?

Top Bottom