• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I'm not so sure this is a bug or whether it's my computer, but if I reload from a previous turn too many times, the game eventually crashes we no error messages (not on the load, but on subsequent turns). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I'm thinking this is a "me" problem?

I very much realize I'm not giving you much to work with, just wondering if this issue has come up before.

Attachments

• Pericles AD-0820 Turn 203.CivBeyondSwordSave
    728.1 KB · Views: 9
What do you mean exactly? Loading the same save over and over?

Please upload a save from before the error occurs.
Unfortunately I don't have one, and I also know it won't consistently reproduce:

I initially got the first error as part of a world congress where I lost a lot of cities. When I realized that pushed me into collapsing, I decided I would reload from an autosave and refuse the flips and wage the war instead. I know reloading is cheating, but since I don't understand the stability system very well yet, I felt it was justified.

Instead I got the second error and lost no cities.

So I know the outcome isn't reproducible from the autosave alone even if I can find it :(

Regardless, without a save, I will be unable to even attempt tracing the error. Please let me decide if a save will be helpful after looking at it.

In the Advanced Start menu, the increase culture option is giving population points instead of culture and the population point option is not working.

Playing a game in 600 a.C scenario as the Arabs I have encountered several bugs. One of them is that after conquering Samarqand, the city have a lighthouse built there. Another bug is that when declaring war to the Moors, several python exceptions have show up (save attached). Other, but I don't know if it's a bug, when the Turk conqueror event triggers, instead of Oghuz, spawn War Elephants. Is that intended? Also, after the Mongol birth and rise, they instantly declare war to me and trigger a unit spawn close to Shiraz before the conqueror event. Is that intended too? (save attached)
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_23.png Screenshot_24.png Screenshot_25.png Screenshot_14.png

Attachments

• Saladin AD-0810 Turn 202 (BUG).CivBeyondSwordSave
    409.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Saladin AD-1190 Turn 240 (mongol spawn after dow).CivBeyondSwordSave
    677.5 KB · Views: 6
When I collapsed as the Polynesians, Canada spawned on the same turn. I accepted taking control of Canada, hoping to grab the unexpected lifeline but now the game is stuck on "Waiting for Other Civilizations". I have the before and after saves this time. Is there any way for me to continue this game as Canada? Is there any fix for this?

Attachments

• MacDonald AD-1868 Turn 381.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • AutoSave_AD-1866 Turn 380.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 9
When I collapsed as the Polynesians, Canada spawned on the same turn. I accepted taking control of Canada, hoping to grab the unexpected lifeline but now the game is stuck on "Waiting for Other Civilizations". I have the before and after saves this time. Is there any way for me to continue this game as Canada? Is there any fix for this?
I'll have a look, but the outcome might be that this option will become impossible if I can't make it work.

BUG Report: If human player raze a city, all AI civilizations get stability penalty as well.

In the Stability.py it is written as (A):
# apply raze city penalty
iRazeCityStability = data.iHumanRazePenalty

Another code is written as (B):
if player(iPlayer).isHuman() and civ(iPlayer) != iMongols:
iRazePenalty = -10
if city.getHighestPopulation() < 5 and not city.isCapital():
iRazePenalty = -2 * city.getHighestPopulation()

It denotes that when AI is doing stability check, it will calculate the penalty caused by human razing. It did happen in my game.
(Please inform if it's been fixed in new versions.)

The goal is not confused, the issue is that "South Asia" stretches into Iran and includes even Shiraz, but Iran is not considered a South Asian civ. This has since been fixed.
I have the same issue.
Is there a possibility to fix this by myself in txt/XML file?
Does Turkey considered as South Asian civ?

Downloaded v 1.16 with VD

Last edited:
I have the same issue.
Is there a possibility to fix this by myself in txt/XML file?
Does Turkey considered as South Asian civ?

Downloaded v 1.16 with VD
It's already fixed, you just have to wait for the next release.

See here if you want to make the change yourself.

It's already fixed, you just have to wait for the next release.

See here if you want to make the change yourself.
Thanks a lot, changing South Asian borders helped ("tSouthAsia = ((88, 24), (110, 38))" in Assets/Python/Locations.py)
Literally can't wait for the next release :)

I accidentally deleted some game files/changed some of them while I was bickering around with other mods, and now it doesn't work anymore, so I imagine this is why I'm getting this error:
GFC Error: Failed to initialize the primary main control theme. Any fixes ?

Delete and reinstall the mod.

I got this message at the beginning of every turn.

Context: Sometimes I play on the highest difficulty and intentionally WB my starting cities and their surroundings into a massive superpower as a hobby. It probably has something to do with something I put in either of France's American cities that encouraged them to build their wonders there.

Attachments

• 20220323085921_1.jpg
    20220323085921_1.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 19
  • AutoSave_AD-1872 Turn 564.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • AutoSave_AD-1856 Turn 556.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • AutoSave_AD-1864 Turn 560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
No save, but the first Polynesian UHV doesn't trigger properly anymore on the latest version. I had 3/4 islands settled and in 810 AD I got the message that I failed to settle 2/4 of them.

Delete and reinstall the mod.
Nope, still doesn't work.
I have read that this error is caused by the installer when you don't install it in a directory the installer wants to be installed
Though I literally can't install in any other directories. The error also entirely freezes my computer, so I have to restart it everytime. I also tried the manual way but it keeps telling me that the xml file for units is wrong or something like that. Rip mod for me I guess

I don't know what you are talking about. It seems there are issues with permissions in your operating system and some files fail to be created. I don't think I can do anything to help you resolve these kinds of issues, much less based on this vague kind of information.

Top Bottom