• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Yeah, I have noticed that as well. Made a note to investigate.

Hey there, I'm reliably getting a crash to desktop within a few turns of this save, and loading earlier saves didn't finish the problem (always crashing around 1973). I was gonna accept it as just a "me problem" but I'll drop a few saves in here just in case. Thanks as always, Leoreth.
Yeah, (un)fortunately it works for me. I uploaded the July 1974 save in case it helps.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1974-July Turn 1333.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 11
Yeah, (un)fortunately it works for me. I uploaded the July 1974 save in case it helps.
honestly the save does help I was adoring that playthrough ! thanks for the confirmation at least, hopefully I can find a workaround as to whatever shenanigans were causing crashes on my end lately

Is it intentional that when the Turks spawn it displaces a stack of horse archers and archers into China? The size of the stack varies from manageable to conquerors-sized

Save?

Aren't Barbarians supposed to be pushed out of a civ's spawn zone as per the new mechanics? Seems like it's working as intended.

They are, but "into China" leaves me wondering if they are ending up where they are not meant to go. It's best to judge that from the actual situation, which is why a save would help a lot.

After a civilization that have ships harbored in a city lose control of it to another civilization, the ships are located to other cities that doesn't have sea access. The result is showed in the attached images below.
Screenshot_14.png

Shah Ismail can show up as great people for ancient persians too, instead of only to the iranians. Is that intended?
Screenshot_5.png

Some non-combatants units from civilizations that have an experience bonus for their units in the beginning of the game (workers are exception) gain experience too.
Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_15.png

Itil arab name should be Al-Bayda. Kiev arabic name should be Kuyaba. The arab name of Ankara doesn't change to its turkish variant when is flipped by the ottomans. Poti turkish name should be Faş. Wulumuqi should be Beshbalik when under mongol control.
Screenshot_11.png Screenshot_10.png Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG Screenshot_2.png

First Turk UHV show "by 900AD (turn 211)" twice.
Screenshot_17.png

I encountered this C++ error related to "BugEventManager".

Attachments

• UnidentifiableCException.docx
    5.3 MB · Views: 12
After a civilization that have ships harbored in a city lose control of it to another civilization, the ships are located to other cities that doesn't have sea access. The result is showed in the attached images below.
View attachment 622159
Can you tell me how they lost control of it? Conquest? Flipped to a new civilization? Lost in a partial collapse?

Can you tell me how they lost control of it? Conquest? Flipped to a new civilization? Lost in a partial collapse?
Sorry, I don't have a save of it, but this happened to me when a Congress assigned one of my cities to another civilization. (Although, granted, that city was my one and only coastal city).

Sorry, I don't have a save of it, but this happened to me when a Congress assigned one of my cities to another civilization. (Although, granted, that city was my one and only coastal city).
Great, thanks, that was enough for me to locate the likely issue. It will affect flips from congresses and caused by stability (total and partial collapses).

Well, playing with the Turks, after the Ottomans have spawn, my empire, that consisted in Iran and Middle East, have suddently collapsed to the core, making my territorial conquests turn into independent or barbarians, including port cities that have my ships. These ships have moved randomly to continental cities, which have ended in the image that I have attached. This have happened when a port city have flipped to another civilization too, but I don't have the save. I will attach the Turks game save here, if you want to see for yourself. Just end the turn to see the event happening.

Attachments

• Alp Arslan AD-1310 Turn 252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 11
Got following Python error when playing China game in Develop branch. It seems to be in regard to someones Trading Company event. Possibly Spain's since Philippines remained unsettled well into 1700s.

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-1556 Turn 447.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • Trading Company Error.png
    Trading Company Error.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
File "Popups", line 192, in handle_choice
File "Congresses", line 452, in acceptDemand
File "Congresses", line 649, in assignCity
File "RFCUtils", line 752, in completeCityFlip
File "RFCUtils", line 356, in createGarrisons
File "Core", line 463, in makeUnits
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

File "Congresses", line 454, in acceptDemand
File "Congresses", line 663, in foundColony
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isHuman'

File "Congresses", line 452, in acceptDemand
File "Congresses", line 649, in assignCity
File "RFCUtils", line 752, in completeCityFlip
File "RFCUtils", line 356, in createGarrisons
File "Core", line 463, in makeUnits
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
File "Congresses", line 454, in acceptDemand
File "Congresses", line 663, in foundColony
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isHuman'
Please upload a save from before the error occurs.

Not sure if this is working as intended but Mughals have their expansion bonus still active at early 20th century.
Spoiler :
Mughal Expansion.png

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang AD-1913 Turn 601.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom