• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

When I had conquered Hangzhou as Japan, when China respawned, no matter whether I let it go or even tried to resist the flip, all of my units in the city were lost. When I refuse the flip, I should get to keep at least some of my units
Please upload a save of this situation.

Do you have to wait a long time when there's a civ on resurrection? I've found a serious problem in my game that all civs are doing their things twice when there's a resurrection. They move units twice, produce double hammers and beakers in one turn, etc. It seems like: (1) I do my turn; (2)Other civs do their turn; (3)A dead civ respawn; (4)Other civs do their turn again. I assume if intended, step (4) shouldn't happen.
I'm going to test it in the newest version. I wonder if you have the same issue, or it's been fixed in some time.

If you observe this again, please upload a save of the turn before.

Found a fix, I also uploaded a save where the goal should complete the next turn.
Leoreth, thank you!
I've decided to go back to official stable version of mod. Play as Japan, technically win, but get error after last turn (when i should get UHV success alert).
Error screenshot and save is in attachment. It is possible that the reason is my old weak computer (but it's ok, it's not really problem, i can enjoy without victory message and hall of fame).

Spoiler OFFTOP :

P.S.
My first win as Japan. Try it several times since 2018, sometimes thought it was impossible. Now very happy, it was very enjoyable game. If you dont try Japan UHV yet, highly recommend!

Attachments

• japan_bug_before_uhv.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • japan_bug_before_uhv.png
    japan_bug_before_uhv.png
    5 MB · Views: 29
In a 3000 B.C. game with Vikings, the game already begins with defeat in the second UHV. I believe this could be relationed with the Mayans founding their cities in America.
Screenshot_105.png

If declared war during its rise period, Colombia receive some additional Longbowman that I believe are supposed to be Albion Legions instead, but because Colombia doesn't begin with Chemistry researched, the closest unit in the upgrade tree is the Longbowman.
Screenshot_104.png

when Pyongyang finishes dying my competed Japan UHV goal 1 fails

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1635 Turn 308.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
In a 3000 B.C. game with Vikings, the game already begins with defeat in the second UHV. I believe this could be relationed with the Mayans founding their cities in America.
View attachment 638903
Can you try to update again? I recently fixed this in the context of the Spanish UHV put forgot to push the change.

When I had conquered Hangzhou as Japan, when China respawned, no matter whether I let it go or even tried to resist the flip, all of my units in the city were lost. When I refuse the flip, I should get to keep at least some of my units
For the save you uploaded earlier for this, which version is it from? I tried current develop, develop from wednesday, and 1.16.6, but none of them apply.

For the save you uploaded earlier for this, which version is it from? I tried current develop, develop from wednesday, and 1.16.6, but none of them apply.
I think it's actually 1.16, sorry. I also merged in https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-soundtrack-plus-civ4col-ost-and-more.675296/
But since all that does is update the soundtrack, I doubt it would affect compatibility/change the way city flipping and respawns work.

I'm a complete novice at anything modding related, sorry if this report doesn't apply to DoC proper.

Whatever it is, I am still unable to open it even on 1.16.0, sorry.

Whatever it is, I am still unable to open it even on 1.16.0, sorry.
Thanks for trying
I'm currently in the midst of an epic Japan UHV game, when I eventually update DoC, if the problem happens again, I'll let you know. For what it's worth, I like that soundtrack mod I'm using, and think it might be a nice thing to incorporate into main DoC.

That is another bug, on the most recent version now: I get Poland tech goal failed, while playing as Prussia, the next turn. They collapsed a turn before.
That's the notification from the Protestant URV goal.

Hello! Recently got a new laptop and decided to play some Civ 4 after a while. In a Spain game (Regent/Epic) I was the first to found a city in the Americas (La Habana) but a few turns later the English found Georgetown and I lose.

Spoiler Goal 1 Success :
1662869176529.png

Spoiler Georgetown Fail :
image_2022-09-11_120531277.png

Saves attached below. I'm using the DoC installer on the Welcome to Dawn of Civilization thread.

Attachments

• DoC Spain UHV Failed Georgetown.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DoC Spain UHV Success.CivBeyondSwordSave
    993.6 KB · Views: 4
When I conquer a city as Japan and click the "return control to Dai Viet" (my vassal), it doesn't change to the Khmer name for the city, it keeps the Japanese name. I also couldn't immediately give Ayutthaya to my Khmer vassal when I conquered it.

When I conquer a city as Japan and click the "return control to Dai Viet" (my vassal), it doesn't change to the Khmer name for the city, it keeps the Japanese name. I also couldn't immediately give Ayutthaya to my Khmer vassal when I conquered it.
Which city?

I also noticed that stealing a technology wasn't rewarding 3 xp for my spy like it's supposed to. In my save, just steal a technology from the Koreans.
The spy in Pyeongyang receives 3 xp after stealing a technology, the one in Hanseong receives 1 xp. So everything seems to work as intended. The difference is that Hanseong has a 52% cost reduction, and 48% of 3 rounds down to 1.

Which city?
It's the city on the Singapore square, but it was called something else when I conquered it (don't remember what), then I conquered it, it became "Shounatou", I gifted it to Dai Viet, it stayed "Shounatou", I had to go into world builder and change it to "Singapura", which, IIRC, is the Khmer name for it. Then, Portugal conquered it with the trading company, and it was called "Malaca".

Played as Iran on 1.16.6
The game worked fine, but when I won my UHVs in 1800
1) some of the civ colors on the replay map were really mess up (i.e. purple Uzbeks)
2) it couldn't find the victory song and just kept playing the normal soundtrack

I am aware of the replay issue.

Top Bottom