Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Try surrounding the filepath in quotes but not the mod=\RFC part, so like this:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization
I think this works! At least the shortcut isn't asking to be deleted anymore and there's some more options under the properties. It still hasn't started yet, but it could just need to take it's time like before. I'll have to check for sure sometime later when I actually have time to play lol

Playing as Maya, received a bunch of errors after starting to raze Tenochtitlan. The attached save is a few turns before, but I am assuming the problem would be reproducible. Could continue playing the game after clicking ok however.

Later the game crashed a little into the 1400s. Tried to reload the autosave a few times, but some cities wouldn't be loaded in and then it'd crash. Tried the previous autosave and it seemed to work, but then crashed when I tried to look at my war galley near greenland.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1310 Turn 252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    948.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AutoSave_AD-1435 Turn 268.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 1
Playing as Korea, China valued my silk very highly for some reason. Even more so than their own silk...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 88
Do you have the save for this situation?

Do you have the save for this situation?
No sorry. Is there anything special for DoC I have to do to change the frequency of autosaves? I tried changing the values in the civ.ini folder thing, but it didn‘t seem to do anything.

Last edited:
Maybe you have edited the wrong file? In my opinion the easiest way to find it is to use the "_Civ4Config" shortcut in the Beyond the Sword directory. For reference, here are the entries you need to edit:
Code:
; The maximum number of autosaves kept in the directory before being deleted.
MaxAutoSaves = 20

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves.  0 means no autosave.
AutoSaveInterval = 1

Please keep an eye out for situations like this and just send me a quick save of a game state where the AI agrees to trades like this. I am convinced that the AI sometimes agrees to weird trades, but because the way the AI evaluates resource values is based on many different factors it is hard to identify and fix the problem without having a concrete example to look into.

Is this bug reflected in one of your saves?
No, only the other reports.

Can you tell me which tile you clicked on and which mode you were in when you did?
Sorry, but no. It happened pretty fast. I just entered in the WB and accidentally clicked with the right buttom in some part of the window.

Some other bugs:

When conquered by Greece, Belgrade name turns into its uncompleted latin version (Singidunum) instead of the greek version (Veligrádhi)
Screenshot_152.png

When changing of civilization, New Orleans doesn't change name accordingly with the civilization that have control of the city. The same to Lemberg when returns to russian control.
Screenshot_154.png Screenshot_156.png Screenshot_150.png

Isn't the palace changes from Kyoto to Edo, when the last changes its name to Tokyo? I remember that such thing happens in other versions.
Screenshot_155.png

In this game the congress offered the same city twice. Save attached but the list always change.
Screenshot_151.png

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1874 Turn 384.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Great ideas with the AI attitude tweaks, but I can also report that it's working "backwards", or simply not as intended. I've been playing the latest version(s) at 600AD for a week and just noticed it today. The screenshots were taken from both new games I started to test and verify as well as a few saves from both Medieval and Renaissance. I tried to eliminate as many variables on my end as possible (deleting full mod folder and cloning fresh, downloading official release installer, clearing my civ4 app data). I switched back to 1.16.5 and the old modifiers were restored, for whatever that's worth. Otherwise thanks again for this masterpiece.

Attachments

• AsSpain600-3.JPG
    AsSpain600-3.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 36
  • AsSpain600-2.JPG
    AsSpain600-2.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 29
  • AsSpain600.JPG
    AsSpain600.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 35
  • AsPortugaRenn.jpg
    AsPortugaRenn.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 31
  • AsPortugalRenn-2.JPG
    AsPortugalRenn-2.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 33
  • AsMoors600.JPG
    AsMoors600.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 45
Might be an old one that's already fixed, but in my 600AD game the Aztecs survived the conqueror event and later on the Mexicans spawned resulting in both civilizations being present. Their borders were also merged as it seems they're using the same exact color. This is 16.6 release so might have been fixed already but I figured there's no harm in reporting it anyway!

Attachments

• 2022-11-09.png
    2022-11-09.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
Hi i have a Problem with the Installation.
The installer choose the right directory. But when i will Start a game i got plenty of error messages. At the end the game didnt Start and there is to red "waiting for opponents"
Is there any thing I could do to get this mod working?

Thanks very much in advance.

Hafenguy

What are the error messages?

Game version 1.16.7 still got a bug with the World Congress.
If its triggers and you load a savegame one turn before, it will trigger 1 turn earlier then before (directly upon loading this savegame) .

it's true, usually this happens to me too, there was a play in which it anticipated a congress in 3 turns. It was supposed to happen on turn 89, but as I went out and loaded it, it happened instantly on turn 86. As I continued gameplay I have no save.
I could not reproduce this using autosaves, does this happen with saves that you manually create?

I think I cannot pursue this until someone has saves for me to look into. I think I would need a save from the turn the congress originally took place (even if the congress is complete) and the earlier save where the congress occurs earlier upon reloading.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but as America, after I spawned Britain refuses to talk even though we're not at war. Is that a feature or does the system think we're at war?

Attachments

• RFCD America Diplo Bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    874.8 KB · Views: 4
No, it's intentional. The AI will no longer declare war if you flip their cities but they might refuse to talk to you instead.

GIT Version: 1.16.7-12 (Most recent revision)

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I can't build the Dome of the Rock. I'm playing as the Safavids and just conquered Jerusalem from the Ottomans after they declared war on me, but I have no option to build the Dome of the Rock. I thought possibly it was obsolete, but if the Civilopedia entry is to be believed this wonder doesn't ever go obsolete.

Attachments

• Dome.png
    Dome.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
  • Abbas I AD-1645 Turn 310.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I could not reproduce this using autosaves, does this happen with saves that you manually create?

I think I cannot pursue this until someone has saves for me to look into. I think I would need a save from the turn the congress originally took place (even if the congress is complete) and the earlier save where the congress occurs earlier upon reloading.
Attached a autosave and normal savegame at year 1827AD, where the congress triggers when loading even though congress did not yet happen (I guess the normal thing would be next turn at 1828AD).
Also attached a savegame one turn before (1826AD) where there is no problem.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1827 Turn 1058.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Cardenas AD-1827 Turn 1058.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Cardenas AD-1826 Turn 1057.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
But you do not have a save of the turn where the congress originally happened? When you played it the first time?

Top Bottom