Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Nothing helps more than a save of the situation. I cannot say more until I have time to look at it.

V. minor: In the Civilopedia for Dujiangyan the requires box states it requires Confucianism but in game it doesn't -just rice+river.

In Paris' city screen, it says it has 1 more wine than needed, but if you trade away a wine, it loses wine benefits?

Attachments

• Abd-ar-Rahman AD-1200 Turn 241.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
This took me longer to figure out that I'd like to admit, but I think there needs to be an "updateYield();" call within CvPlayer::changeUnimprovedTileYield(). I think the only reason this is working currently is the only Civic it's being used for is Elective, which also has an entry for ImprovementYieldChanges, which changes an improvement's yield and calls updateYield() after changeUnimprovedTileYield() has already been ran. I'm messing around with my own Civics, and one of mine has an UnimprovedTileYields entry but no ImprovementYieldChanges entry, and therefore, upon adoption, my Civic didn't update yields. Technically this is a non-issue in your current dev, but if ever you change Elective or added a Civic that did what I did, the bug would show. This fixed it for me:

C++:
// Leoreth
void CvPlayer::changeUnimprovedTileYield(YieldTypes eYield, int iChange)
{
    FAssertMsg(eYield < NUM_YIELD_TYPES, "Index out of bounds");
    FAssertMsg(eYield > -1, "Index out of bounds");

if (iChange != 0)
    {
        m_aiUnimprovedTileYield[eYield] += iChange;

updateYield();       // Added line
        AI_updateAssignWork();
    }
}

Good find, thanks for letting me know!

I've encountered a peculiar bug. I recently installed Windows 10 on my machine and with it Civilization 4 and a bunch of mods among those Dawn of Civilization 1.17. Now if I start a game with any other mod or even the base game everything is working fine. Problems started when I started my first DoC game via 'Play now'. The game itself worked, but after just starting the game I can no longer start a Custom Game with any other mod or even base BtS. In all cases I crash to desktop and DoC is the only game working. If it helps I started the mod via 'Advanced' and 'Load mod'. I am using the GoG version of Civ4.

Did you install DoC into your Custom Games folder in the My Games directory? The mod folder needs to exist in Beyond the Sword/Mods/.

I have everything in the correct folder.

I did some further tests. It looks like some changes in CivilizationIV.ini caused the issue specifically the following:

QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_HEIR

which in BtS is

QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN

If I change it back to the BtS value everything works again.

Interesting. This never caused an issue for me.

Does the problem return after starting another DoC game and then going back to the base game?

Top Bottom