Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I am running DoC on a laptop with 8GB of RAM and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 card.
I use an unmodified DoC version 1.15, full release edition. My laptop runs the game very smoothly, with no problems encountered in RFC or DoC. I was in the middle of a 3000 BC start game, playing as Russia. It usually crashed everytime I ended a turn I remember that it was past the beginning of the first millennium during the times it crashed. There is no evidence leading me to believe that this is a MAF error or any other kinds of error messages within the program or my operating system. Only a silent crash to desktop when I click the button to end turn or press ENTER. If there is any other information you need, let me know. Unfortunately I cannot provide any save, as in frustration, I deleted the game save, and I could not find any auto-saves in the respective folder. Please help.

A game save would be the first step for me to verify if this is a bug or an issue with your system. If you run into the crash again, please keep the last autosave and upload it here.

Ah, I have another case of the crash. This time as Greece, pressing ENTER on BC 325. This is my latest save. (I cheat.)

Attachments

• Pericles BC-0355 Turn 117.CivBeyondSwordSave
    322.2 KB · Views: 120
Downloaded BtS from Steam. Installed 1.15. When I start the mod the main menu looks like this:

CaptureDOCStartMenu.PNG

Can't click PLAY NOW or CUSTOM GAME.

Something obvious?

That's just how the mod works. You can play the mod from the 3000 BC, 600 AD and 1700 AD start dates via Play Scenario.

I have not been able to check if that is the case for you yet, and won't be able to for the next couple of days. If someone else could verify that I would appreciate it.

When I start to play from 3000 BC for China, Egypt or Mesopotamia, Harappan civilisation don't appear. It is bug?

Using latest git, looks like the fascist Poland dynamic name fails to display, it shows as a TXT_KEY thing.

Also, I can't find my old post describing a similar issue with era-defined unit graphics: The musical fanfare you hear when a unit wins or loses a fight is also supposed to change with the era. Due to the extra eras defined for some civilizations' music themes, it seems the code miscalculates which eras use which tune, so this sound doesn't upgrade properly either, so one only hears the modern victory/defeat tune in the digital era.

If I understand the code for the Porcelain Tower correctly, it allows trade routes even with civs you are at war with or didn't even met the opponent yet.

Last edited:
The default branch is simply called develop. It should be already selected when you clone the repository.

The default branch is simply called develop. It should be already selected when you clone the repository.
Okay, I switched from the wonders branch back to the develop branch to play a game but the stability system didn't seem to be working, I had zeroes across the board.

It's normal for stability to be neutral for the first couple of turns. Otherwise, please enable Python exceptions (see first post in this thread) and report anything the game shows. If you have made edits while in the wonder branch, this may have introduced errors when switching back to develop.

Okay, I tried downloading files using git and that is way too difficult for someone who has no formal programming wizardry training. So I tried to download the zip files directly, but alas I have the steam version. Apologies for cluttering the thread, but it's really starting to get on my nerves.

I gave you a link in the other thread to the first post of this thread, see here for instructions on how to get the mod to work with Steam.

Top Bottom