1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layelaye

layelaye Warlord

I made a Colonist mod today using lua and XML only.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=288121685

It should go without saying, if you think the code could help you with your project, feel free to use it!

2. Ralgar

Ralgar Warlord

v56.1 and whoward69 Smart-AI (no CBP):

Mutliple city states randomly hate me! The negative diplomacy (around -16) is counting correctly up to zero with every turn, but then jumps down again. It is early exploration phase in the game and almost like diplo hits for trespassing by AI scout units or bullying are attributed to me the player.

3. Lukeroge

Lukeroge Warlord

Huh, really? That doesn't seem like a very good idea, and it means getting a lot of votes in the world congress becomes basically useless because one or two random civs can just beat you even if you have every city-state and some nice wonders.

It basically means that citystate votes are practically useless because paying off a single civ to vote for me has the exact same effect.

Is there any way I can disable this?

4. Lukeroge

Lukeroge Warlord

Getting some random CTD in my current game, heres the dump:

Attached Files:

5. Funak

Funak Deity

Do the ideology votes count as base votes? I mean normally you'd only get someones basevotes for paying them off.

Other than that I like this, makes a synergy between the culture and diplo gameplay and synergy is what culture is all about, right?

6. Gp_123

Gp_123 Chieftain

Hi Gazebo
    I am having loads of fun with this mod,but there is this one bug i encountered during my play-through.
    One A.I Had access to a unknown number of spies in the ancient era.
    Darius stole mathematics from me and then told me that Attila was plotting against me.
    I have no idea if this bug was caused by CPP or CBP
    Mods im using :-
    CPP,CBP,CSD,CIV4D,Hex conquer and release,Fudel ranks
    Everything else works like perfectly.

7. iron_maaden

iron_maaden Chieftain

Experiencing the same (or something similar). i'm playing with CBP and CSD. i think what happens is, if some other nation fulfills a city-state request, you somehow get negative influence with that city-state.

Also this happened:

Spoiler :

-7 per round?? Is there any gameplay reason this could happen?

8. Funak

Funak Deity

Had some simular thing happen, liberated a citystate caught by the barbarians, got to 150 influence, next turn I dropped down to 52, no clue why

9. Lukeroge

Lukeroge Warlord

Yeah, same here with the citystate thing

10. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Explanations incoming! :)

GP_123,

Not sure about that. Clear our your cache and moduserdata folders and try again. Sounds like a corruption bug.

iron_maaden,

That is normal – city-states punish you by half of the potential influence from a global quest if you miss it. That's a CSD thing, and is intended to encourage players to rapidly complete global quests (and not just sit on a global quest for a while without doing it).

Also, the -7 drop is because the c-s is damaged; damaged CSs reduce alliance rates rapidly in CSD, because in most cases they're at war with another civ because they're allied to you. The -7 is the CS's public demand to break that alliance, and end the war to save themselves.

Funak,
    You should only get 1/2 the normal 'liberation' bonus from liberating a CS from barbarians (to keep players from exploiting that) - this is a CSD thing. The fact that it showed 150 first is simply a byproduct of how the code works.

Just FYI, these changes are all detailed in the CSD first post.

Cheers,
    G

11. NateRM20

NateRM20 Chieftain

Hi, I downloaded the community patch, and the community balance patch along with a few other mods and my game has become very unstable. I seem to be crashing almost every time I try to exit to the main menu, load a game, or reload the map from the game menu. These problems seem to start the moment I start a new game, and before I've even put down my first city.

I don't have very many mods, the ones that I do have are the community patch, the community balance patch, city-state diplomacy mod, Civ 4 diplomatic features, info addict, Communitas Map, and the in-game editor. I am pretty sure that all these mods are up-to-date, since I just did a reinstall of the game, and the mods. I also haven't subscribed to any these mods in the steam workshop. I have noticed that my game gets slightly more prone to crashing after opening the in-game editor and looking at the map, or fiddling with the terrain or resources.

I believe my civilization five is up-to-date, on version 1.0.3.144
    I'm using Windows 7
    I'm using a 64 bit system
    I have 8 GB of RAM

12. Funak

Funak Deity

Makes sense, another minor thing however; the swarms of spawning barbarians from the citystate event, while they are fun and stuff it's extremely annoying that they can attack the same turn they spawn. The only realistic way to defend a citystate is by waiting outside for them to spawn, go in and quickly kill them off and run back off or your units will be eaten alive by the 4 spawning cannons instantly firing.

Also the Vassals from civ 4 diplomacy (I think) really act weird. Right now my vassals are permalocked in a war that I ended like 50 turns ago. Also while i was still in the war I saw them surrendering to another ai, giving them cities and stuff, only to be forced back into the war on the next turn because their master was still in it.

13. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Hello Nate, sorry to hear you are having trouble. Please read the opening post of this thread and provide the required files to help those assigned to this 'problem'.

Take special note of the crash dumps.

14. Ralgar

Ralgar Warlord

Ah, thanks for the explanation and good to know it is intended behaviour. I would have expected such changes would have been part of the balance patch (which I play without).

15. NateRM20

NateRM20 Chieftain

Here's the dump file.

Also, what should I be looking for in the logs or should I just post those well?

Attached Files:

16. NateRM20

NateRM20 Chieftain

Has anyone found anything?

I did some testing myself, and I think it might be the editor causing the problems, though not completely sure yet.

17. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Nate,
    Did you delete the content in your cache/moduserdata folders before installing the CP/CBP?
    G

18. NateRM20

NateRM20 Chieftain

I deleted them after I extracted the files into the mods folder, but I made sure to delete them before I activated them in the menu.

19. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Since this now seems to be a bug I will post it here.

I am having exceptionally passive AIs, unless I attack first the AI will not attack me until Ideologies, even if I have a very weak army.

This is on Emperor Difficult, CSD included by not CivIV diplomacy. No other mods.

Anyone else having this problem?

20. Funak

Funak Deity

Try running a game with Civ5 diplomacy and see if that's what breaks it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.