1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layelaye

layelaye Warlord

GAMEBREAKING BUG:

The game crashes as soon as you try to settle your first city. Makes the mod unplayable.

The only mods i have enabled are the community patch and the community balance patch.

I traced back the issue and tsted it. seems it happens when you change

Spoiler :
    /*
    City Happiness Tweaks - Allows for variable bonuses/penalties from happiness/unhappiness
    1 = Enabled (Default)
    0 = Disabled
    */

INSERT INTO COMMUNITY (Type, Value)
    VALUES ('COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_CITY_HAPPINESS', 0);

From 1 to 0.

I reinstalled your mod and tested it numerous times with this one change, just run it with only this change and the game crashes when you settle a city.

Also, this happens with the new version (v.6) and didnt happen in the previous one.

Ironically, i only upgraded versions because the previous one crashed my game 70 turns in.

2. Funak

Funak Deity

Not really sure if these could be considered bugs, but I feel like reporting it anyways.
    First of all, the AI seems kinda broken when negotiating, they have been offering me as much as 2 luxuries for one luxury, sometimes one lux and 4gpt. other times they want more than a 1 for 1 trade. (while superfriendly ofc, or I wouldn't mention it)

Also, I'm not really sure about this, but I think the culture-based unhappiness and the Science-based unhappiness might be switched. My cities without library or universities have a dull-penalty but no literacy-penalty. (Also checked the economics screen and it said the same thing, culture was fine but science wasn't.)

Third off, I can't seem to get EUI to work with this mod, starting a game with it enabled breaks my first founded city. (Removes all building/unit options, permanently locking the cityscreen and enabling city bombardment.) I tried removing all other mods but that didn't help either, any help would be appreciated.

3. M@drox

M@drox Chieftain

I also confirm that turning off the unhappiness mod crashes on settle start reported by layelaye.

4. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

To be clear, while in pre-release, changing stuff the options.sql file is going to cause problems – I wouldn't consider that a 'gamebreaking bug.' :)

For now, don't disable the happiness system - too many game functions and sql/xml changes depend on it, and I haven't traced all the hooks yet. It will eventually be 'core' anyways, as many of our additional CBP changes are going to depend on it.

EUI is not compatible right now – I've noted this multiple times.

I'll look at the culture/science lua, but I'm pretty sure it is correct.

That's by design – the AI is more variable now by virtue of what resources they have, your strength, their strength, etc. You can't just assume that 6gpt = friendly, 4= neutral, etc.

G

5. layelaye

layelaye Warlord

I reverted back to the previous version, the one released on 12.7 for now. The crash-on-settle bug isnt there. However, every game i play crashes a few dozen turns in (my last one crashed turn 29).

I disabled most of the options in the mod, but in some games had a few of them active. The main feature im interested in is the advanced settlers, sadly i cant play the game with them right now without heavuly modifying the game (Maybe i will try it later, right now i want a simple game thought ^^)

As it stands right now, the mod is unusable to whomever might only want to use some of its features, and not all of them :/

Off topic, do you think its possible modding the advanced settler functions in lua? Say, a script that detects if the unit that settled the city was X, and if it is, add population Y and buildings Z etc...

6. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

@layelaye

Perhaps you would like some signposts saying:
    "Go no further, beyond there be dragons!!"

Seriously, this mod is beta stage as is mentioned in many places. All users here are, in effect, engaging in a beta-test, expect some difficulties.

I would encourage ALL users to not 'play the game' but rather 'test the game'.

7. Gazebo

The mod is still in development - turning off features at this point is strongly discouraged, as iterations beyond the standard setup are not tested.

No idea. Sure?

G

8. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Yes. It just needs a UnitCityFounded event (which is already on my "to do" list), then all the logic for adding buildings, additional pop, extra land, starting food, whatever can be moved into Lua. (The actual things/values to add can still be in the database, just read by Lua not the DLL)

9. Lukeroge

Lukeroge Warlord

Quite a big bug - civs are getting 10 (!!!) votes from following the world ideology and it's making it impossible to get anything done xD

If you have a way to disable it without breaking saves.. would be nice

10. Gazebo

11. Lukeroge

Lukeroge Warlord

Map was PerfectWorld3, pretty standard map script. I was playing size large, so whatever civ count is default on that. Difficulty was King.

Mod list is the same I've been using for a few weeks with the patch, just basic stuff:

I'm pretty sure this is new to 6.x, because I didn't have this happen on 5.x!

12. Gazebo

Is everyone of the same ideology? In CSD, World Ideology gives every member of that ideology group 1 vote per member of the ideology.

G

13. Ralgar

Ralgar Warlord

This (Desert Folklore not working) is not fixed in v56 right? At least it doesn't work for me.

14. Funak

Funak Deity

The 3 games I've managed to finish so far every civ ended up with the same ideology, and most of the AIs were still at massive unhappiness issues even with that.(Some of the picked others but were flipped over by massive unhappiness).
    Just in my last game by the time I won there were 5 AIs with over -40 happiness, which by itself was kinda hilarious actually, I was forced to have units lined up along all my main borders just to deal with other civilizations rebels that invaded my land after they had already pillaged everything in the AI territory.

On another note the "Cold war" world congress resolution makes the +influence from traderoutes in patronage and freedom not work at all (which probably is intended but I'll mention it anyways)

edit: still pretty sure the Dull and Illiterate unhappiness are flipped on the city tooltip, doesn't seem to have a gameimpact at all but it was extremely confusing until I figured it out.

15. Lord Oden

Lord Oden WarLord

I am seeing a high production value on trade routes. I am running CP 55 and CBP 4 so this may be fixed by now.

Attached Files:

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

yes, it's fixed in the later versions :)

17. Ralgar

Ralgar Warlord

Regarding Desert Folklore:
    I tried to copy the SQL Statements from here...
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13328902&postcount=168
    ... at the end of the file Core Files/CoreChanges/CoreChanges.sql

But it didn't work. And yes, I deleted the cache folder.

In what file should I put the SQL so that Desert Folklore works?

18. Gazebo

I've fixed that in the latest (upcoming) version, so you can ignore that instruction.

Belay that order, lieutenant!
    G

19. Ralgar

Ralgar Warlord

Cool. I will then wait for the new version.

20. Gazebo

Hope to release something soon. Making a few bug-crushing changes.
    G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.