Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the haggling AI deal system does get tedious

people can be pretty tedious when negotiating

Shouldn't it be tedious to the AI as well?

In Morrowind if you accept the vendors price you get +1 liking from him. If he don't like your offer you get -1 liking from him.

I've tried fiddling with the ocean rift settings in the Communitas Map, and I'm still getting hideous supercontinents that are all tangled into each other. This happens almost entirely with Large or bigger maps.

This is one of those things that's a big deal to me. I never know if I've ended up with a frankenmap unless I cheat and use IGE to glance through the fog of war, and what's the fun in that?

use an lua editor to open communitas, reduce the snakey continents values ( they are labeled) and the snakey coast values

Noticed a slight error in the text of the new denouncement lines - they're all missing the ending parentheses after "You are not at war.[ENDCOLOR]"

My fault, somehow I missed that! Thanks again for all you do Gazebo :)

Its not obstructionist. It is the AI trying to make their resources and gold go further.
G

Idk. I just don't find it at all fun to go, "How about 20 gpt? 19? 18? 17? 16? 15? 14? 13? 12? 11? 10? 9? FINALLY, a deal!" Repeat for every trade throughout the game. It doesn't require any thinking, strategy, or skill, beyond start high and click one lower until it works. Just a tedious clickfest.

This behavior isn't human-like anyway. I've never experienced that tedium to trading in multiplayer games -- generally multiplayer games only trade straight lux-for-lux.

God-King appears not to be working. Currently at 12 pop between two cities with no improvement to yields.

Remember that God-King and similar beliefs are based on the number of followers, not your total population.

And once you found a religion, your pantheon in other cities stop gaining followers. And any new cities you found will not have any followers around until pressure from your religion reaches them.

You probably just don't have enough actual followers.

Ok so maybe I'm dumb but the game is saying that this mod is not compatible with this version of the game, even after downloading the 6/21 updates. I deleted the LUA folders like the instructions suggested. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Ok so maybe I'm dumb but the game is saying that this mod is not compatible with this version of the game, even after downloading the 6/21 updates. I deleted the LUA folders like the instructions suggested. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

You wouldn't happen to be using a Mac? Mods that use custom DLLs only work on the Windows version.

You wouldn't happen to be using a Mac? Mods that use custom DLLs only work on the Windows version.

Good detective work. I guess that would be it. So is that the only way to make that work? No work arounds?

Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As some of you may know I've been struggling to get YnAEMP working with 22 civs on the Earth Maps (any of them), on any difficulty above King. Cleared cache, reinstalled etc. Could someone create a game for me on one of those earth maps, 22 civs, immortal or deity difficulty, and upload it for me. I want to see if I can load into it.

As for which mods are enabled, YnAEMP + Community patch. If you like, throw in the Community Balance Patch too.

Edit: Yesterday I mentioned that YnAEMP was crashing for me on any difficulty above King. It actually launches above king (so on immortal for instance) when you have a small number of Civs, say 6 for instance. @ a higher number of Civs it crashes - this is in spite of me regularly playing huge games. I make this edit for the following reason: I just noticed that when I load the YnAEMP mod I get an extra difficulty setting available. It's labeled "AI". On mouseover it states the following "Txt_Key_Handicap_AI_DEFAULT_HELP". When you select it and enter a game, it loads on Chieftain. Any idea whether this is somehow relevant?

Idk. I just don't find it at all fun to go, "How about 20 gpt? 19? 18? 17? 16? 15? 14? 13? 12? 11? 10? 9? FINALLY, a deal!" Repeat for every trade throughout the game. It doesn't require any thinking, strategy, or skill, beyond start high and click one lower until it works. Just a tedious clickfest.

This behavior isn't human-like anyway. I've never experienced that tedium to trading in multiplayer games -- generally multiplayer games only trade straight lux-for-lux.

I don't think it is wise to compare multiplayer games with the AI. Human players and AI play totally different styles.

You can install Windows on your Mac, or use a Windows emulator for Mac. DLL Mods should work if you do that and run Civ 5 through your Windows OS or emulator. No promises on whether you'll get fast performance though.

I'm not sure where to post this. I went from up 35 or so happiness to this disaster in just 2 or 3 turns. I haven't a clue as to what happened or how to fix this. If this is due to the ideology it seems to me that there should be some sort of revolutionary wave which isn't showing and/or how can this happen in just 2 turns?

Thanks.:)

Attachments

• What happened.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom