1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carinyc

Carinyc Chieftain

Persia's events and decisions option "Establish the Satrapies" does not work, as in each court does not get +2 :c5happy:

2. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

E&D is not my mod (I really wish people would realize this - poor Sukritact). Please report these errors to E&D.

G

3. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

I've noticed that on the diplomacy screens (leader scenes) the leaderheads no longer say "yes." In other words, they will accept an offer, but now only nod instead of actually saying "yes" out loud. Has something changed here?

4. Gazebo

Depends on the deal. If they really like it, they'll exclaim. Otherwise, they just nod. I felt this was a little more...dignified.
    G

5. Motomiya Nagisa

Motomiya Nagisa Chieftain

I'm not entirely sure what might be causing it, but I've been discovering two civilizations at once sometimes. I'd go there with my scout, and meet two leaders, despite only one leader being actually there. I'm using a lot of civilizations from JFD with CBP, so perhaps that's the cause?

6. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

I like hearing them cheer on in the diplomacy whenever a deal is done, it feels like a little reward. I miss it :(

7. Gazebo

Probably.

Heh. The UI works best for updates in text if you have separate animations based on the outcome of a deal. It was partially aesthetic, but also partially a technical choice.

G

8. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

So if they're ripping me off they use the "yes" animation? That's worth an extra couple GPT on my deals :p

9. Gazebo

They're wheelin and dealin. I told you I made the AI a little more shrew in their deals. They'll pretty much always try to undercut, unless they are good friends.
    G

10. ecgopher

ecgopher Warlord

Idk if this thread is the right place for this discussion, but I really dislike that mechanic. It just makes the game tedious when the AI makes initial low ball offers but will agree to more if you offer it. It means you have to offer a lux for 20 gpt. AI won't give you 20, then what about 19? 18? 17? 16? 15? 14? 13? 12? 11? 10? 9? OK DEAL! It adds nothing but tedium to trading, IMO. If I click "what will you give me for this" it should just tell me the max agreeable gpt

11. Gazebo

And here I thought we all wanted more human-like AI players.

AI is shrewd now. It is to their benefit to be so.

G

12. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

I wanted to delete this post, but this forum doesn't have that.

13. ecgopher

ecgopher Warlord

I understand the sentiment and it's generally a great goal. Just in this specific instance it really feels like it doesn't add value. If you go wide on a map with a lot of civs, you can spend a lot of time just min/maxing you trade deals every turn and doesn't require any thinking beyond "start high, go down one until AI says yes." The AI should be strategic in what it will agree to, not obstructionist to making a deal for tedium's sake.

14. canIntoSpace

canIntoSpace Chieftain

Is this normal? Mods: CP, CBP, Ingame Editor only
    Spoiler :

15. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

I had that problem with Arabia for a little while when they first got some major changes about city connection desert tiles (i.e., with roads) or desert tiles with trade routes passing over them, getting bonuses. I was getting all those bonuses out the gate, no roads / trade routes required. Clearing cache, clearing moduserdata never helped that I could tell. Then some day a version or two later I didn't have the problem any more and I still don't know why.

So no it's not normal, but it is not a unique experience either. Someone with more textured advice than "clear cache" may be able to speak up though.

16. canIntoSpace

canIntoSpace Chieftain

Yeah, it's not related to cache. It affects BOTH players and AIs playing as Arabia. Too OP :lol:.

17. Gazebo

Its not obstructionist. It is the AI trying to make their resources and gold go further.
    G

18. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

If I ask you to buy a sandwich for 20 bucks, and you say no, so I say what about nineteen, and you say no, so I say 18, you say no, I say 17, you say no..... how many times can I do this before it makes you mad?

I try not to do that because I RP a bit when I play and this CPP makes RP easier and more realistic (imo).

Can the AI dislike being offered deals it wont accept, even a little bit? Like I am just at the threshold where he is willing to trade, I offer a few bad deals.. and now he dislikes me just enough to tip the scales.

Or is that a hateful idea that makes the faithful spit poison in my eyes?

19. Delekhan

Delekhan Prince

Though the haggling AI deal system does get tedious, I don't really mind. Because in real life, people can be pretty tedious too when negotiating.

Also, I've noticed that on the Communitas Map, I'm getting quite a few maps generated with just one hideous supercontinent (or rather a messy set of continents joined by a couple tiles of shallow water) despite ocean rifts being activated. This happens mostly on Large maps. Has anyone else noticed this?

20. TeeInKay

TeeInKay Warlord

I tweak the map script often.. it is easy to make weird land off that thing. Try 2 random rifts that is what I do each time I get a pangea, and it corrects. I'm not sure it is a fix, just a procedure I use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.