Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LUA for the EUI top bar will not work with the Community Balance Patch's happiness system. The changes I made won't show up, and it won't list them. For now, if you want to test the CBP happiness system, you'll need to remove that file from EUI. Sorry. In general, it is really, really, really hard (impossible) for us to diagnose problems with the mod if you are using other mods and/or deleting files from our mods. Too many variables at play.

I don't think this issue is related to EUI. You can see the same summary on the Economic screen. Also I didn't have any growth or production penalties (even when I should have had negative happiness). I was also able to get a golden age.

I don't think this issue is related to EUI. You can see the same summary on the Economic screen. Also I didn't have any growth or production penalties (even when I should have had negative happiness). I was also able to get a golden age.

The functions will still happen, you just won't see them. Lua is how dll functions are revealed to the player, not the way the dll operates. EUI will not show these functions as they happen, because its LUA doesn't have the new functions in them. We'll get it figured out, don't worry.
G

Alright, here with another report! Only mods I'm using are the ones in the OP.
Tech trading seems to be broken, I often get blank gifts from AI or they propose trades where technology should be, but my side is blank. Attempting to accept these trades causes the response of "that deal is bad", which is expected.

Did you install Civ4 DF? You'll need to if you want tech trading etc.
G

Possible bug:

DLL: v52
Balance: V1
CSD: ON
CivIV: ON

one of my cities is showing 13 unhappiness for the number of cities (as opposed to the number 2). This was a city I conquered and built a courthouse is, so it could have something to do with that.

Did it go away with the courthouse?

Did it go away with the courthouse?

It did not. Also my other cities will often show 1 unhappiness instead of the normal 3. It seems that once the issue occurs it sticks around for the rest of the game.

I don't know if there is an actual calculation error, or if its simply a visual problem.

DLL: 53.1
Balance: v1
CivIV: OFF

Tried to create a game with Germany with an Industrial Start and it crashes several times. I went back to an ancient start and it ran fine.

It did not. Also my other cities will often show 1 unhappiness instead of the normal 3. It seems that once the issue occurs it sticks around for the rest of the game.

I don't know if there is an actual calculation error, or if its simply a visual problem.

Other cities should have an unhappiness of 1 (that's normal). For now, I'll just remove the function calculation and have it show the standard integer of 1. I'll work on a full fix later.
G

DLL: 53.1
Balance: v1

Tried to create a game with Germany with an Industrial Start and it crashes several times. I went back to an ancient start and it ran fine.

Did you disable support for CivIV (I assume you did). Also, when you crash, does it do so during the game, or upon load?
G

Did you disable support for CivIV (I assume you did). Also, when you crash, does it do so during the game, or upon load?
G

CivIV was off.

Game crashes after I hit the create game button. It never gets to Germany's intro screen.

The functions will still happen, you just won't see them. Lua is how dll functions are revealed to the player, not the way the dll operates. EUI will not show these functions as they happen, because its LUA doesn't have the new functions in them. We'll get it figured out, don't worry.
G

Sorry Gazebo, but I have to insist - as I said, I'm getting the exact same issue *without* EUI. And, to clarify, this issue appears, both for me and for aht820, *without* the balance patch, so it's definitely (or should be) unrelated to the new happiness system.

Well, if you don't have it installed, the LUA/XML/SQL for that mod will not be called upon, but the DLL functions will (so the AI will try to use it, but have no data to present to the player).
G

Hopefully once the mod is more stable it'll be able to detect stuff like this and switch options automatically

Unrelated Edit: I've also had some weirdness with happiness (disabled all happiness related options, in setting SQL and core SQL, wanted to play without them for this game). The happiness overview screen is showing about even happiness/unhappiness, but the UI is showing a high happiness level and I'm getting a lot of golden ages/happiness-related bonuses.

Hi Gazebo

Been lurking (came over here from CEP) but I'd like to confirm the following:

1. Unhappiness from conquered cities is not removed even after completion of Courthouse improvement.
This is to backup / confirm the earlier report by Stalker0.

2. Tech trades offering nothing / empty gifts by friendly nations, as reported by Lukeroge.

CP + CBP + Civ4 Diplomacy v10 + CSD v24. New game started with freshly downloaded mods.

Thanks

lukeloh

Sorry Gazebo, but I have to insist - as I said, I'm getting the exact same issue *without* EUI.

Thanks for the update – for the record, I was not challenging your bug report, but rather I was trying to eliminate any possible outlying issues that could create the problem.

I'm currently working on slogging through the happiness functions, trying to correct any remaining issues. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it this evening.
G

Just to make sure if I'm experiencing a bug or not: Am I supposed to see the new unhapiness factors right from the start? Because I don't. In the global overview as well as in the economic overview i see only the 1 unhappiness per city listed nothing else. i'm at around turn 60 now. 2 cities, classical era.

DLL: 53.2
Balance: v2
CSD: OFF
no other mods installed
cleared cache and moduserdata folder

edit: here's a screenshot of the economic overview. (i'm using CSD and CivIV in this screenshot but i also tried without)

Spoiler :

Just to make sure if I'm experiencing a bug or not: Am I supposed to see the new unhapiness factors right from the start? Because I don't. In the global overview as well as in the economic overview i see only the 1 unhappiness per city listed nothing else. i'm at around turn 60 now. 2 cities, classical era.

DLL: 53.2
Balance: v2
CSD: OFF
no other mods installed
cleared cache and moduserdata folder

edit: here's a screenshot of the economic overview. (i'm using CSD and CivIV in this screenshot but i also tried without)

They only appear (the unhappiness tooltips) if you have the problems in a city. Sounds like your cities are doing well. Try moving a unit out of garrison – if 'vulnerability' doesn't appear, I'd be surprised (unless you've got walls/castle already). The penalties scale with each era, so early on they aren't always a problem.

Just to ask, did you disable support for CSD/CIVIV in the communityoptions.sql file when you weren't using them? Re-enable when using them?

G

Thing is, i don't have any garrisons in my cities. Played on for a little bit and let a city starve for a couple of turns. still nothing.

i can post the lua log but there dont seem to be any errors in there.

And yes, i did disable/enable support in options file as appropriate.

Thing is, i don't have any garrisons in my cities. Played on for a little bit and let a city starve for a couple of turns. still nothing.

i can post the lua log but there dont seem to be any errors in there.

And yes, i did disable/enable support in options file as appropriate.

Delete your the files in your cache and your moduserdata folders again. Sounds like leftover mods are causing problems.

To be clear, you aren't running EUI, correct? That'll cause issues like this.

Sorry about the problem.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom