Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLL v53
Balance v1
CSD/CivIV OFF

Pioneers don't seem to do anything, they provide the same benefit as settlers. I'm guessing they aren't meant to be in the game yet?

DLL v53
Balance v1
CSD/CivIV OFF

Pioneers don't seem to do anything, they provide the same benefit as settlers. I'm guessing they aren't meant to be in the game yet?

Do you have Global : Religious Settlers turned on? It can be either turned on as a mod or in DLL.

If you have this mod on then Pioneers and Colonists won't work. If not then I have no idea.

DLL v53
Balance v1
CSD/CivIV OFF

Hmm...Whoward changed the function on the .dll backend and I didn't check it – I'll look into it. (Whoward: I completed the 'TODO' you had attached to the function, and it compiled successfully, so I didn't mess with it further).

They don't cost any more than a normal settler, so there's no significant change aside from the art. :) I'll fix them in the next version.

G

It would probably make things a bit easier to track down if the number of extraneous mods you have loaded is at a minimum, maybe even bugtest this mod by itself for a while.

Introducing new mechanics to a system AND taking into account outside modifiers is a lot to ask for part-time developers. Once the mod gets to version 1 then by all means throw everything you have at it, but while it is still in it's infancy we can be a little bit more tender. ;)

It would probably make things a bit easier to track down if the number of extraneous mods you have loaded is at a minimum, maybe even bugtest this mod by itself for a while.

Introducing new mechanics to a system AND taking into account outside modifiers is a lot to ask for part-time developers. Once the mod gets to version 1 then by all means throw everything you have at it, but while it is still in it's infancy we can be a little bit more tender. ;)

This is the only mod I'm using now, so you can be confident that any notes I give are for this mod only.

Hey, I've been having a lot of issues with the latest version of this mod. Every time I load a save thats been played for more then a few turns, I get a crash to desktop. I've tried removing a lot of mods, clearing caches, re-installing the mods and everything, but no luck. Heres the list of remaining mods (I also use EUI):

I've also attached a mindump file

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 160
It will depend on how that mod identifies a settler. If it uses UNIT_SETTLER it won't work and they'll need to change it, if it uses pUnit:CanFound() then it should work

I also use City Limits, so I took a look in the lua, and it does indeed use UNIT_SETTLER:

Spoiler :

function UpdateCityLimits(playerID, unitID)
if playerID then
local unit = nil
if Players[playerID]:IsHuman() then unit = Players[playerID]:GetUnitByID(unitID) end
if unit then
if (unit:GetUnitType() == GameInfoTypes['UNIT_SETTLER']) then
ClearTables();
ShowAllCityLimits();
ShowCityLimits();
else
HideCityLimits();
end
end
else
HideCityLimits();
end
end

Would one be able to simply swap out UNIT_SETTLER for pUnit:CanFound(), or would it be a bit more complicated than that?

It should be as simple as swapping

Code:

for

Code:
if (unit:IsFound() or unit:IsFoundAbroad()) then

(which will also then work for the Spanish Terc...)

Also, you may want to use pPlayer:GetWorkPlotDistance() rather than a hard-coded value of 3, as mods can now change this

Nice. I commented on the steam page for city limits about it, hopefully the author will implement it. In the mean time, I changed it in my copy and will test it out soon.

Also, you may want to use pPlayer:GetWorkPlotDistance() rather than a hard-coded value of 3, as mods can now change this

the GetWorkPlotDistance method is only in the modded DLL, but you can write

Code:
local iWorkDistance = pPlayer.GetWorkPlotDistance and pPlayer:GetWorkPlotDistance() or 3

to make it work with/without the dll

(Note the . (full-stop) and lack of brackets in the first usage of GetWorkPlotDistance - it's looking for the method, not calling it, and will return nil if not found)

It should be as simple as swapping

Code:

for

Code:
if (unit:IsFound() or unit:IsFoundAbroad()) then

(which will also then work for the Spanish Terc...)

Should lua.log be saying this when the above is used?
[904843.145] Runtime Error: C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City Limits (v 4)\CityLimits.lua:45: attempt to call method 'IsFoundAbroad' (a nil value)

Should lua.log be saying this when the above is used?
[904843.145] Runtime Error: C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City Limits (v 4)\CityLimits.lua:45: attempt to call method 'IsFoundAbroad' (a nil value)

That's annoying. Firaxis didn't add IsFoundAbroad() to the standard Lua API :mad:

Use
GameInfo.Units[pUnit:GetUnitType()].FoundAbroad
instead of
pUnit:IsFoundAbroad()

Hey, I've been having a lot of issues with the latest version of this mod. Every time I load a save thats been played for more then a few turns, I get a crash to desktop. I've tried removing a lot of mods, clearing caches, re-installing the mods and everything, but no luck. Heres the list of remaining mods (I also use EUI):

I've also attached a mindump file

Alright, I re-did my mods and removed most other ones, and it seemed to work at first, but nope, I am unable to load new my save I've been playing for hours :(. Just crashes to desktop, again.

Here's a new dump with the redone mod set. Hope one of you can help.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    86.5 KB · Views: 123
Alright, I re-did my mods and removed most other ones, and it seemed to work at first,

Please read post #64 in this thread

Please read post #64 in this thread

It's mostly your own mods and the mods recommended with the CP project, and the only other ones are small XML tweaks. I mean, one just changes a key binding, and another just randomises the city name tables. I guess I assumed your stuff worked because a few of them were linked in the main post.

Never assume anything when something crashes. ALWAYS go back to basics ... "have I got the very latest versions and does it work on its own"

Never assume anything when something crashes. ALWAYS go back to basics ... "have I got the very latest versions and does it work on its own"

I tried messing around with live debugging, but as someone who usually uses higher-level languages (python, C#) I had no idea what I was doing with C++ so I gave up. I got this, if it means anything to anyone:

In the end I just removed all the extra mods (the ones not mentioned in the patch post) and started a new game :(

(Edit: Expanding "loadFrom" in locals showed some nasty looking missing things)

Looks like in v53 I am getting the same saved game crashes I reported before:(

Ooh I think I know why - version error on my end (I didn't see that Whoward had bumped the version up in his variables to 53, whereas I absent-mindedly left the DLL at 52).

Fix inc. Also added trade route to/from a city as a means of removing 'no connection' unhappiness penalty.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom