Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh I think I know why - version error on my end (I didn't see that Whoward had bumped the version up in his variables to 53, whereas I absent-mindedly left the DLL at 52).

Fix inc. Also added trade route to/from a city as a means of removing 'no connection' unhappiness penalty.
G

Wait, so my image was somehow useful? :O

I'm off to sleep, so hopefully things are fixed soon enough!

This is technically on the v52 dll, since we now know it was the older version but I will mention it anyway for throughness.

DLL: v52
Balance: v1
CSD: On
CivIV: On

The unhappiness explanation is not showing up in the happiness summary (it was when I didn't have CSD/CIVIV turned on). Note I am not referring to the detailed happiness explanation, just the quick summary. All it shows me now is unhappiness per civ.

Also, starvation triggers a graphical bug in the frontend. My happiness number in the summary skyrockets upward, but in reality happiness has gone down.

Possible bug:

Balance: V1
CSD: ON
CivIV: ON

one of my cities is showing 13 unhappiness for the number of cities (as opposed to the number 2). This was a city I conquered and built a courthouse is, so it could have something to do with that.

i think im going to have to really have a hard look at my mods and cut back. i just had another hard blue screen of death. i dont know what combo of mods isn't working here but it cant be good for my comp. i cant seem to exit to windows without crashing, and now with BSOD's coming back... argh. this is really frustrating. i cant seem to enjoy a simple game anymore because there's so many damn problems. do you guys recomend only using mods associated to whowards various dlls?

I'm playing with the CP (v53), CSD v24, and some of whoward's mods. I'm not playing with the CBP btw. It appears to me that unhappiness is not being counted in my game. I recently took a city and did not take a hit. I've attached some screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've also disable every mod besides CP v53 and still having this issue. Larger size images are attached

Attachments

• happiness 1.jpg
    happiness 1.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 138
  • happiness 2.jpg
    happiness 2.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 134
Possible bug:

Balance: V1
CSD: ON
CivIV: ON

one of my cities is showing 13 unhappiness for the number of cities (as opposed to the number 2). This was a city I conquered and built a courthouse is, so it could have something to do with that.

Yeah something is wrong with conquered cities.

When I conquer a city, I am getting unhappiness penalties for its citizens. I don't know if that is intentional with the happiness system or not.

However, while a courthouse reduces the penalty it doesn't eliminate it, so that a fully annexed city still generates a significant more unhappiness than a normal city.

Heres another (maybe?) bug report, I disabled all of the happiness related stuff in CommunityOptions.sql and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in my games - I still have all the happiness effects as far as I can tell

I'm playing with the CP (v53), CSD v24, and some of whoward's mods. I'm not playing with the CBP btw. It appears to me that unhappiness is not being counted in my game. I recently took a city and did not take a hit. I've attached some screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've also disable every mod besides CP v53 and still having this issue.

The LUA for the EUI top bar will not work with the Community Balance Patch's happiness system. The changes I made won't show up, and it won't list them. For now, if you want to test the CBP happiness system, you'll need to remove that file from EUI. Sorry. In general, it is really, really, really hard (impossible) for us to diagnose problems with the mod if you are using other mods and/or deleting files from our mods. Too many variables at play.

Heres another (maybe?) bug report, I disabled all of the happiness related stuff in CommunityOptions.sql and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in my games - I still have all the happiness effects as far as I can tell

Did you turn of the dll functions in the DLLchanges file? I'll put out instructions for that eventually. If you didn't, they'll still fire (Though incorrectly, as the proper XML defines will not be loaded.

Also, starvation triggers a graphical bug in the frontend. My happiness number in the summary skyrockets upward, but in reality happiness has gone down.

That's fixed in the 53.1 release.

i think im going to have to really have a hard look at my mods and cut back. i just had another hard blue screen of death. i dont know what combo of mods isn't working here but it cant be good for my comp. i cant seem to exit to windows without crashing, and now with BSOD's coming back... argh. this is really frustrating. i cant seem to enjoy a simple game anymore because there's so many damn problems. do you guys recomend only using mods associated to whowards various dlls?

That doesn't sound like a mod issue...I think you may want to check your video card drivers and/or do some base computer maintenance. :/

In general, it is really, really, really hard (impossible) for us to diagnose problems with the mod if you are using other mods and/or deleting files from our mods. Too many variables at play.

Well, you guys actually recommend EUI and quite a few others in the download thread, so might want to add a notice there.

There are general problems with the UI around happiness. The happiness number in the front will become out of sync with the actually happiness values.

I know Thal dealt with the exact same issues many times when adjusting happiness numbers, so perhaps someone who helped with CEP coding could offer some insight.

Yes I hope this community patch is heavily incorporated with eui. After using eui for a couple days I can never go back

Well, you guys actually recommend EUI and quite a few others in the download thread, so might want to add a notice there.

Good point - I'll add a note. In general, I hope to have it 100% compatible with EUI soon enough. For now, though, in the very early days, it is hard to guarantee that, or really anything. So much changes with each release that I have a hard time keeping up with the ripple effect across the game itself. :D

There are general problems with the UI around happiness. The happiness number in the front will become out of sync with the actually happiness values.

Yeah - that's largely because of how the lua interacts with the DLL. We might be able to fix that eventually, but there are so many issues with it. :/ I think I've addressed some of the problems in the latest version.

Yes I hope this community patch is heavily incorporated with eui. After using eui for a couple days I can never go back

That's largely up to bc1, though, as he's in charge of his mod's lua. I'm definitely behind making them cross-compatible, but there'll have to be some cooperation there eventually. Time will tell.

Thanks for the continued work, guys. Keep finding bugs for me to crush!
G

On the topic of EUI, I did attempt to integrate your new happiness readings into the EUI toppanel.lua but I just managed to break the tooltip completely

The LUA for the EUI top bar will not work with the Community Balance Patch's happiness system. The changes I made won't show up, and it won't list them. For now, if you want to test the CBP happiness system, you'll need to remove that file from EUI.

It's actually pretty simple to merge them, I did it. You can't just do a straight-up copy/paste, but I know nothing (but I'm not Jon Snow) of LUA and managed to get it working.

I think what might happen eventually is we will use that trick JFD mentioned about using In-Game Addins to take control of the specific function(s) that generates the UI values.

So the obvious one now is the happiness values in TopPanel.lua are using the vanilla function, we can write a new one, (not sure at the moment what the name of the vanilla one is) to provide those values, and that should mean we only need to provide that addin file and any mod that uses TopPanel.lua, or any lua for that matter, will work since the addin will provide the custom function.

That is of course if I haven't completely misunderstood the purpose of that trick. A distinct possibility.

The same problem existed with CEP but for a slightly different reason. In CEP we, I should say Thalassicus, rewote in lua all these new yield functions that are part of the DLL, and therefore ALL the vanilla UI lua code was looking at the wrong functions. That was one the biggest sources of headache when it came to compatibility. If we can devise a surefire way to get these new functions into the UI, without resorting to massive lua rewrites, it will go down in history as a defining moment! ;)

Alright, here with another report! Only mods I'm using are the ones in the OP.
Tech trading seems to be broken, I often get blank gifts from AI or they propose trades where technology should be, but my side is blank. Attempting to accept these trades causes the response of "that deal is bad", which is expected.

aht820 said:
I'm playing with the CP (v53), CSD v24, and some of whoward's mods. I'm not playing with the CBP btw. It appears to me that unhappiness is not being counted in my game. I recently took a city and did not take a hit. I've attached some screen shots to show what I'm talking about. I've also disable every mod besides CP v53 and still having this issue. Larger size images are attached

The LUA for the EUI top bar will not work with the Community Balance Patch's happiness system.

Sorry, but this is *without* the new happiness system - I'm getting the same error with only the Community Patch (No Balance Patch or any other mods, not even EUI). There's something wrong with CP here.

I played quite a bit with the patch, and the whole time my net happines was reported as the same as my positive happiness, as if the game had just forgotten to subtract the negative ones. I also don't think it was purely a display error, as I was swimming in golden ages too.

Hi all, I just finished a game with the version from June 26th (https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvcw1g9tivd64xl/Community Patch - Full Version.rar), here are some comments:

• AI aggression still pretty low (prince level)
  • AI trade offers a bit generous (gives me 1 luxury + gpt for 1 luxury)
  • the big one:
    • I was on my way to a cultural victory, happiness about +100 (quite high but calculation seemed correct).
    • suddenly one swedish city defected to me (showing the standard city capture dialog, a bit confusing / inappropriate)
    • boom, now i'm at happiness -68 and all my cities are starving.

Screenshots:

After occupying the new city (puppeting would have given even more unhappiness according to popup). Notice the total unhappiness in the status bar and in the popup do not agree (this happened several times in the next rounds).

Starving capital:

A few rounds (and rebellions) later, recovered:

And city growing again:

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Where do all these modifiers come from?

Attachments

• deep_in_the_red.png
    deep_in_the_red.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 436
  • starving.png
    starving.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 427
  • recovered.png
    recovered.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 448
  • growing.png
    growing.png