Building a new CFC team on these soon to be ashes?

Rik Meleet said:
If I wanted to leave CFC for any future ISDG's or equivalents I would have to drop my moderatorship (or at least the Demogame part). I am not willing to do that, so you can count me in.
was col still a moderator when he joined CDZ?

Hygro said:
was col still a moderator when he joined CDZ?
Yes he was; just not moderator of the demogames. I am. How can I moderate the CFC-ISDG forum if I am playing for C3B or GWT or whatever team ?? Then I would be no better than a spy.

And don't worry; Col had no access to our ISDG forum.

Rik Meleet said:
Yes he was; just not moderator of the demogames. I am. How can I moderate the CFC-ISDG forum if I am playing for C3B or GWT or whatever team ?? Then I would be no better than a spy.

Actually, Rik, in a few weeks there isn't going to be an ISDG forum to run. So consequently, there would really be nothing to spy on. ;)

So any conflict of interest would be self-imposed on your part.

As for me, I have decided to join Game 1 for Apolyton once Fanatica has completely met its demise. Being fourth place in points, they could end up facing the same fate as we did. So I guess I would be there for cautionary guidance. BTW, there is a standing invite for CFC refugees to join their team. I may need the votes if I decide to run for Consul. ;)

Rik, will I have to leave this forum once this happens? I cannot officially be on two teams at once, but the team will be non-existent at that point. Your call. :)

@DZ: It seems that you cannot just join any team, even after your team has been eliminated. The UN rules say on the matters:

0.3 - Switching Teams

0.3.1 - Switching Teams

Description: No team member is allowed to switch teams, until after their team is knocked out of the game, and this is with special restrictions as stated below.

Definition: Switching teams between the two games is allowed, provided that the person is on only one team at a time. Your team being knocked out of the current game makes you refugees, for the remainder of this game only.

Purpose: To minimize the opportunity and possibility of out-of-game espionage.

Verdict: Switching teams is a personal and team violation for both the individual who switched teams and the team who allowed him to switch. If a team reports that they did not know about the team switch, because of a different name or otherwise, it will be considered a personal offense.

Punishment Level: Red (Ejection – Personal and/or Team)

0.3.2 - Membership retention after Defeat

Description: Members of teams that were defeated in the current game are allowed to join the team that conquered them, if the team will have them. They may also join neighboring teams that they had contact with at the time of their defeat.

Definition: Neighboring does not mean specifically teams adjacent to them in game, more specifically it means teams they would have had the capability to travel to with their current technology.

Verdict: See 0.3.1 Switching teams for the verdict and punishment levels.

0.3.3 - Refugees

Description: Upon becoming a refugee according to rule 0.3.1, refugees may join another team provided that their team had in-game contact with the team they wish to join or the team they wish to join has/had in-game contact with at least two teams that had in-game contact with the eliminated team.

Definition: Switching teams between the two games is allowed, provided that the person is on only one team at a time. Your team being knocked out of the current game makes you refugees, for the remainder of this game only.

This is the rule that I see, akots. I plan to go through all of the proper channels, however, and will not make the transition until CFC has been eliminated. I should probably PM the admins to be certain, however.

BTW: what are you worried about anyway? Even if Poly makes it to the finals, it's not like you would need to worry about my meager skills. :lol: Thanks for the heads up, though.

Yes, the rule is somewhat confusing or so it seems with my poor English.

BTW: I'm not planning to join any other team as it stands now simply just because we have not been defeated yet. ;)

Donovan Zoi said:
Actually, Rik, in a few weeks there isn't going to be an ISDG forum to run. So consequently, there would really be nothing to spy on. ;)

So any conflict of interest would be self-imposed on your part.
I was under the impression that Duck was talking about a new series of ISDG-like games. I wasn't thinking about this series of ISDG-games. I am considering registering with CDZ for the semifinals.

DZ said:
Rik, will I have to leave this forum once this happens? I cannot officially be on two teams at once, but the team will be non-existent at that point. Your call. :)
I don't see any problem with being on -in your case APO's team- and still be part of the -eliminated- CFC-forum. If a next series of ISDG/MSDG like game starts and you join APO for that game; yes I absolutely see a problem with that. But I don't think a new series of inter site MP games will start soon as too many fora are still in the current ISDG. We could however suggest to the Game admins to have a "loosers game" for the 4 teams that got knocked out. In that case you can't be part of CFC and 1 of the other 3 teams simultaniously, but I do think you can be part of 1 Semi-final team and 1 loosers-game team.

Better verify this with FortyJ though.

Refugee status is granted only until the game ends. Since the game in our group has been ended, the refugee rule or status does not apply. For example, if a GCA member would have been willing to join CDZ, this would be allowed. In our case, that is not applicable.

Hence, only section 0.3.1 applies and it does clearly specify that double membership is not possible. So, apparently, this means that any user who wishes to stay on a team must not become a member of another team. So, in order to join another team, the member of the CFC team has to cancel the membership first.

My understanding of this is that these games take time and not all sites manage separate games in separate forums like it has been at CFC with MSDG and IDG. Some teams might have only one secure forum with members having access to all games played by the team. For example, if DZ goes to Apo and Rik to CDZ to play in the final part of the game, and during this time frame, a new IDG will start, let's be optimistic and assume it is Civ4 IDG, then both DZ and Rik will not be able to be the CFC team members in this hypothetical Civ4 IDG but will be stuck with Apo and CDZ, respectively.

Certainly, rules can change but this membership rule might remain the same.

This is also why I am hesitent to join a different team after CFC has been eliminated, there would be so much beurocracy in the UN to go through.

akots said:
For example, if DZ goes to Apo and Rik to CDZ to play in the final part of the game, and during this time frame, a new IDG will start, let's be optimistic and assume it is Civ4 IDG, then both DZ and Rik will not be able to be the CFC team members in this hypothetical Civ4 IDG but will be stuck with Apo and CDZ, respectively.

Well, they would still have a choice, between staying in the finals of this game on another site team, or dropping their membership on those teams to return to CFC to participate in the hypothetical Civ4 IDG. :D

Let's talk a bit more about the real purpose of this thread, which is to discuss having a multi-team game inside CFC, or to improve our multiplayer skills. How many players per team do we need, maybe 10 or so to make it real? That would mean 20 people for a 1v1 with AIs, so maybe it's too many. Teams of 5 each?

Alternatively if the objective is fun + training, maybe we should have several 4 or 6 player games. Each game might have:
  • A game thread that everyone can read and comment on, non-spoiler info only
  • One thread for each player to post spoiler info and get comments from noncombatents, on the honor system that other players won't cheat.
  • One diplomacy thread for each diplomatic encounter, that the involved players and noncombatents can look in with honor system on other players not looking
  • Someone not in that particular game to serve as an admin
  • A pledge from all participants to stay with it. :hammer:

Actually if there is positive feedback on this post I might just make it into its own thread.

akots said:
IMHO, you cannot just walk away from the team. This is not an option.

Sorry, Dave, but one more thing.

There is precedent of someone doing exactly that. One of Apolyton's Consuls for the C3C ISDG is Octavian X, who was still active in CFC's PTW MSDG when the new game started. Ditto for Trip of current CGN fame, who was playing PTW for Apolyton.

Fact is, each game is individual and not related to other games. The only infraction would seem to be switching to another team within the same game, which is something treacherous that I would never do.

Rik Meleet said:
DZ: That's the way I think about it to. MSDG and ISDG were 2 completely different games. And a Civ4IDG and ISDG semifinals should be seen as 2 completely different games as well.

The issue is with forum visibility. CFC does each game with its own private forum so we would be perfectly fine with different participant lists for each game. No reason why someone can't be on the CDZ ISDG final and the CFC Civ4ISDG, from a strictly CFC point of view.

If every team has the same structure, which we should push for in the negotiations when starting the Civ 4 game BTW, then anyone can play for multiple sites, as long as it is different games. If any forum which is participating in multiple games has a single access list for all games, then people can only be on that forum's teams in all games.

Ginger_Ale said:
So is this going forth, or waiting for Civ4? :hmm:

I have posted a roll call poll for a multi-team game within CFC. If there is enough interest then we can move toward trying to get it going. :D

I just want to join a non-timid, non-politically correct team culture with a gung-ho, die hard culture if I will ever play one again. If I even sense a small hint of wimpyness, conventionalism and conservatism, I join another team that is a better culture for me.

Top Bottom