Building improvements in foreign borders?

Raitaki

Chieftain
I'm trying to make a unique improvement that can be built anywhere on land no strings attached, but the closest I could get was giving it the IgnoreOwnership and OutsideBorder flags, which at best only lets me build it in unowned land, city-states, and civs I have open borders or am at war with. Non-open borders civs are still off-limits, even if I manage to sneak a worker in by giving the worker the ability to enter foreign borders. Does anyone know of a decent method to make an improvement buildable in non-open borders? I want the improvement to still take some time to build proportional to work speed like normal so using lua scripts to make the improvement pop up at a button press isn't preferred.

Last edited:
It does, but only when I'm at war or have open borders with the civ in question, even if my workers are able to walk straight into their land. It doesn't work by default.

can you upload a small test mod with an improvement that is buildable from the start and has IgnoreOwnership true? Then I may test a bit to find out where it stops.

edit:
just tested it myself by simply setting "IgnoreOwnership" from IMPROVEMENT_FARM and "RivalTerritory" from UNIT_WORKER to true and it works fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom