[Building, Modern] Gas Refinery

Sevo

Leaf on the Wind
Here's a new building I created for my mod, wanted to share. I'm using it as a city refinery for my natural gas resource, but it could be any sort of refinery/factory/production plant type thing.

Polygon count: ~1400

The link below is an optimized model.

Attachments

• gasplant2.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 978
Oooh, this is very very cool :goodjob: How many polys is that?

That will seriously come in handy for the SMAC and SotM mods. Very nice work Sevo. :)

So it can be an improvement or building?

Wow. Very cool...

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know how to use the Civ4PlotLSystem so that an improvement generates smoke while being worked and doesn't when it's not?

woodelf said:
That will seriously come in handy for the SMAC and SotM mods. Very nice work Sevo. :)

So it can be an improvement or building?

It can be everything you want. Buldings, improvement, ressource, units (but you will not have any animation for it, and i think gaz raffinery unit are better with animation:D )

I want more, more, more. The closer I look at this the better it looks. Super quality job.

woodelf said:
I want more, more, more. The closer I look at this the better it looks. Super quality job.

Thanks guys--Unfortunately the initial poly count is a bit high...8000+ :lol:

Totally forgot to optimize it when I was done. Anyway, I've uploaded an optimized model with 1400 polys; the quality difference is almost undetectable.

I was a bit concerned. That domed roof looked... to domed. Those fiddly bits didn't look like they would help either, although I notice you haven't trimmed them.

1400 polys is good though!

The Great Apple said:
I was a bit concerned. That domed roof looked... to domed. Those fiddly bits didn't look like they would help either, although I notice you haven't trimmed them.

1400 polys is good though!

Thanks--yeah, unfortunately, "Fiddly Bits" is pretty much the definition of a modern power plant. They don't look right without all the little pipes and stuff. So the fiddlys here are basically long thin cubes.

I liked your expression so much I had to change my tag line. :D

Any plans for more stuff Sevo? Any thoughts about sci-fi buildings/improvements?

Me thinks this building should give +25% Production bonus with access to Oil and be avalible at Combustion, cost 120, -1 health. Atleast that is how I will mod it into my personal games.

Great job Sevo on this and your other new buildings (and, well, on everything in general).

PS: Just an FYI, on the announcement thread, the link posted for this is wrong. It actually leads to your Temple of Artemis. :crazyeye:

Sevo said:
*snip*
it could be any sort of refinery/factory/production plant type thing.

Soylent green is made out of people! Its people!

Xereq said:
Soylent green is made out of people! Its people!

:lol: No, no. People are processed at the "Carnival".

Great, it will be very useful for me ;-). Thanks.

Top Bottom