Building "Wealth" from the beginning of the game

Matatata

Chieftain
Hi, im playing Civ4: BtS with a speed mod which i then again modified, adding "supermarathon" speed.

I would like to be able to build Wealth, Culture or Research from the beginning of the game, so i dont have to be training and deleteng units all the time, what is annoying. I thought it would be the easier way of halting production, other than creating an "idle" building (i found that mod, but dont know how to add it to my non-modular mod).

I cant find none of these on the buildings xml. I guess i just have to change the tech prereq, do i?

Thanks for your advice.

You could make a free tech for everyone which is the prereq for all 3 of them; like the existing set.

I could make you a little modlet that creates a process that you get for free that allows you to build "Nothing,"and thats exactly what you get or one that includes a building "Midden" that costs a huge amount and doesnt do anything and obsoletes with Currency, or one that just gives you all 3 basic processes (not espionage) for no tech (but I think that takes out some stuff that is part of the game design so I recommend against it.) Which one do you want? I recommend the first.

the real epic mod in my signature already has an idle process available on game start with a button and everything, you could just copy its methods

CIV4ProcessInfos.xml
in the GameInfo folder

Specifically, you open up this file:

Code:
		<ProcessInfo>
			<Type>PROCESS_WEALTH</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_WEALTH</Description>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_WEALTH_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<TechPrereq>[B]TECH_CURRENCY[/B]</TechPrereq>
			<ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
				<iProductionToCommerceModifier>100</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
				<iProductionToCommerceModifier>0</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
			</ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/ProcessWealth.dds</Button>
		</ProcessInfo>

Code:
		<ProcessInfo>
			<Type>PROCESS_WEALTH</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_WEALTH</Description>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROCESS_WEALTH_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<TechPrereq>[B]NONE[/B]</TechPrereq>
			<ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
				<iProductionToCommerceModifier>100</iProductionToCommerceModifier>
			</ProductionToCommerceModifiers>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/ProcessWealth.dds</Button>
		</ProcessInfo>

Specifically, you open up this file:

Thanks! I have a similar "super-marathon" situation as the OP and was searching the forums for exactly this!

However, now that I think about it I do like the idea of needing some later techs to produce wealth/culture/science so I was wondering whether there's a way to mod in an extra "baby-version" of the same? E.g. at the start you could set your city to produce wealth but you'd only get 1/4 of the gold. Once you get Currency this gets replaced with the full standard wealth generation. Is this possible?

Thanks! I have a similar "super-marathon" situation as the OP and was searching the forums for exactly this!

However, now that I think about it I do like the idea of needing some later techs to produce wealth/culture/science so I was wondering whether there's a way to mod in an extra "baby-version" of the same? E.g. at the start you could set your city to produce wealth but you'd only get 1/4 of the gold. Once you get Currency this gets replaced with the full standard wealth generation. Is this possible?

You'd have to make multiple process and then use the canMaintain and cannotMaintain processes in the GameUtils python to prevent the older processes from showing up.

Top Bottom