[BTS] Button Too Small. Help!

MoltenMan

Chieftain
Please help me! I'm making a mod (my first one actually) and I ran into some trouble. When I view my custom unit's button in some places, it appears too small. I've attached a picture. When I switched out a different .dds button for my .dds button, the icon WASN'T small. So it's my .dds button, which I've attached.

Please help me! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

If you need the code, I'll post it.

Attachments

• SlingerButton.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Broken Button.jpg
    Broken Button.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 145
Yes, I made it with DXTBmp, and I did save it as DDS3. I attached it before, did you look at it and figure anything out? I've looked at it and compared it to others, but I don't see any difference. Do you know what I should do????

Thanks for replying. I've tried so hard to do it on my own, but I'm stumped.

What do you mean color palette? Is there a certain amount of colors you can use?

OK, i probably will.... but this is happening to all 3 of my buttons (leaderhead unit and building) and i just kind of wished there was a better way :cry: But first what's the color palette thing?

its what is the texture/graphical format of a file
like - is it monochrome? 16 color, 256 color, 16bit, 256bit etc
The higher the format the more color and color shades are allowed, hence the nicer the picture.

Yours look like 16, rather than typical 256. This could happen if you saving and re-saving file and choosing wrong type (lower quality)

Do you know how to make a button? Could you give me a step by step guide to make sure i don't mess up? Thanks!

EDIT: Maybe I added unallowed colors or something that messed it up...

Last edited:
Try this:

open up Dxtbmp
drag in GOOD working button
do Image > send to editor
this will open it up in Paint

open another instance of Dxtbmp
drag in YOUR bad button
do Image > send to editor
this will open it up in Paint

Copy the image from your button and paste it over to the GOOD button.
Save the NEW good button file. Return to Dxtbmp from the Good button and Do Image > Reload after edit
Now SAVE under new name as DDS3

test the results

Thank you! I will try that as soon as possible!

EDIT: The problem was that I was saving with MIP MAPS! Once I re-saved it without them it worked!

Last edited:
Top Bottom