C2C: Armada to Ascension (Caveman2Cosmos "unofficial" Expansion Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Starlight

Chieftain

Caveman2Cosmos Expansion Pack
Explore. Expand. Exploit. Exterminate. Evolve. Enlightment.

Armada to Acsension Theme

Link to video.

"The future. What a beautiful world. How aquatic warships of the past are now the spaceships of yesterday. Just beautiful. The world has changed, but there has always been armadas. Armadas of great men, armadas of great scientists, even armadas of great culture. The Digital age brought the digitized society, the Nanotech was the crown of artificial life, and Interstellar fullfilled the dreams of humanity reaching Alpha Centauri. I remember the stories of humanity colonizing its first galaxy, and mastered things only the gods of past could have achieved, and colonized the known universe. They say we live in the age of dimensions, and our universe is dying after thousands of millennia with war and cruel greed and the use of weapons to bend space time. This universe is not safe for us anymore. They say the only way to save the rest of humanity is to ascend into the multiverse and create our own destiny. Farway from the times we known, a strange place of the dreams we once lived, and the dark shadows of the past. The Age of Ascension has come."​

-Admiral Azurian of Virgo Supercluster Fleet (996,452 A.D)

[/SIZE]
New Eras

Prehistoric-Modern Era From Caveman2Cosmos vanilla
The Digital Age
Nanotech Age
Interstellar Age
Galactic Age
Dimension Age
Ascension Age

Armada to Acsension Team "

"So Say we All"

-Futursima (Current Team Leader , Great Admiral)
-Zane Antigrav (Admiral)
-Mechwarrior (Commander)
-Sarah Starlight (Colonel)
-Veruna (Lieutenant)
-MandyAI
-Aphex Prime
-Rygel XVI
-Ragnorok
-Siri Lazerhawk
-Darth Sidious
-Hawkins
-Magiktrate
-Mindcrafter
-Reynierde Marun
-Vadosiana, Ambassador
-Flashworx
-Crimson
-Mind.in.a.Box
- Prince of Polaris
-Barbarossa
-Mayra
-Andreievich
----MrAzure ( Futuristic Historian, [on break])

FAQ
What is Armada to Acsension?
Armada to Acsension is a mod made by a group of friends who call themselves Azurian, and we want the ultimate 4X Game from the discovery of fire to the end of time. This is the "unofficial" expansion to Caveman2Cosmos transforming the Transhuman and Galactic Era into six Eras; Digital, Nanotech, Interstellar, Galactic, Dimension, and Ascension, and increase and improve the experience of the future eras in Caveman2Cosmos.This is our own private mod for our real life friends but we are happy to share it with the world.

Why dont you work with the C2C team?
We would like to work with the Caveman2Cosmos team, but we feel a modmod is required to create an "authentic" and "dynamic" future, since the C2C has a philosophy of generalism and "big picture" view of the future tech tree. As scifi veterans, we also would like to add future civics, religions, and content that may not have a place in Caveman2Cosmos,.Almost all of us know each other in real life and have modded quite a bit of scifi games over the years. We live, breathe, and play scifi. The "big picture" view of the tech tree is the only dealbreaker. Also we want a different interface design, with more use of black and blue.

Is their Alien Life?
Yes, Armada to Ascension have extraterritorial life as cultures. This is one of the main differences from Caveman2Cosmos. It should be similar to many of your favorite Scifi games like Master of Orion, Armada Supernova Gold, and Galactic Civilizations 2. There will also be species based on humanity that have evolved.

Are there any changes before Digital age/Transhuman Era?
Yes, and here are some of the big changes:
-More Technologies and Buildings (especially for Medieval, Industrial, Modern Eras).

Subdued Animals/ Barbarians has been expanded
-Mythological Creatures are available in Ancient/Classical Era to HUNT, like Medusa, Hydras, and other creatures with Mythpunk TECH Alternative Timeline! Or use them to create special buildings to unlock exclusive units like Pegasus Rider (one of the first air units),
Trained Hydra (extreme against ships) and more. Be warned Mythological Creatures are no match against prophets.

-Wizards, magic, and Dragons, Unicorns, Fantasy creatures, are available in Medieval Era to HUNT inspired by Runescape and Fall From Heaven II, with Magicpunk TECH alternative timeline!

-Exploration will be brutal, as pirates rule the seas in Renassiance Era that you can HUNT for bounty or pardon them and use their knowledge of piracy to bring fear into your enemies and hunt for treasure like the Fountain of Youth.

prophets and Priests
They now have special promotions that excel against mythological creatures, and can covert enemy units.

Civics
The following Categories have been added:
-Entertainment (does your civ prefer combat sports or video games?)
-Architecture ( grass huts or a spacescraper society with great building codes?)
-Philosophy (is the world round? is the world center of universe? is life sacred?)
-Anatomy (after Digital- anatomy of ur civ. is cybernetics allowed? Homo Superior 2.0? AI based? canine based? fast metabolism or longevity?)

How Historically Accurateness or Future Plausible?

Well except for the mythological creatures in Ancient and Magic in Medieval we strive for the same historical accuracy as Caveman2Cosmos vanilla. When it comes to Future Plausible we all are well read in academic and technological advances so the near future is as accurately predicted as possible. We follow Michio Kaku, Arthur Clarke, and other futurists as much as possible; and then use sci-fi novels and sci-fi technology wikias from many games to feel the rest.

Does this mod have a Canon/Main Story?

Kinda. There is a general story that connects everything together; a futuristic timeline. A timeline needs history to keep everything organized and fun. The main branch of the tech tree as a story is at its most general level:
-colonize Luna [moon]
-colonize Solar system
-colonize the Orion–Cygnus Arm of galaxy
-colonize the Milky Way
-colonize the Virgo Supercluster ( many galaxies- (110 million light-years, home of milky way)
-colonize the observable universe (not the whole thing)
-ascend into the multiverse and create a new society in a new universe

Armada to Acsension mantra?
-Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic- Arthur Clarke

When will the first version be released
We have 350+ techs done, 200 buildings done, 21 civics complete.
We will have out first version the hour after Caveman2Cosmos Version 25 is released. We work on the mod with most of planning in real life in our "club room".

SVN will be avaliable to get the latest version, we will also have our own chat, forum at Moodb, Idea tracker, SKYPE CHANNEL, a game manual, usteam channel so u can view attend our club meetings online, and other goodies.

THIS IS A COMMUNITY MOD.

MrAzure will primarely work on Caveman2Cosmos vanilla still , but is one of our the future historians.

WILL UPDATE THIS LATER.

Sounds very interesting. I'm excited to give it a try when you release the first version.

Was this planned all along? :confused:

EDIT: Best of luck with this. The more I think about the more I think this is the best course for you guys. This should allow you guys to have the creative freedom you want without stepping on the toes of the C2C team.

I did a similar things with RoM/AND. I suppose this is just another evolution of this mod series.I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. :scan:

How are you planning to do this without Multi-Maps? We don't expect to have those up and running until V26 at least, so unless you've developed Multi-Maps independently (in which case I will be amazed) you'll have to wait until later to release this.

How are you planning to do this without Multi-Maps? We don't expect to have those up and running until V26 at least, so unless you've developed Multi-Maps independently (in which case I will be amazed) you'll have to wait until later to release this.

We have 6 people who are Computer Science majors, ( 3 are masters of python and C/C++ already ), and we modified the code of this:

Parallel Maps
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=458248

We have the Caveman2Cosmos SDK, and we are using the code from Parallel Maps to buld Multi-Maps independently.

Was this planned all along? :confused:

EDIT: Best of luck with this. The more I think about the more I think this is the best course for you guys. This should allow you guys to have the creative freedom you want without stepping on the toes of the C2C team.

I did a similar things with RoM/AND. I suppose this is just another evolution of this mod series.I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. :scan:

Well this is a hobby of friends pretty much, we just want something to do in the Advanced Computer Lab. We have 6 computer science majors and most of us love history so its a good fit.

Again, this is our own little mod for us, we not making it to be moddlers or earn a prize we want to play the game how we think it should be.

What I recommend for Caveman2Cosmos
- Have a mentor system. For example Civplayer8 and anukwomen. They seem to have good ideas but you guys dont give them a chance to have an audience to see if they are worthy use the SVN.

-Improve communications. I would have a team meeting once every 2 weeks over Skype, maybe an hour or two long and use webcams to get to talk to each other face to face. Have a scheduled team chat. Right now you are all mostly individual city-states.

-Future Era. Civilization IV is mostly a history game and we get it. But you guys are going the wrong direction with the philosophy of the future era. For example u tend to judge the technology by what you have seen in 2012 and earlier and don't really use your imagination. An example was Gesture Recognition, you guys grouped it as "every day products, should be a corporation". With Electromagnetic Pulse, "should be a unit", when Electromagnetic Pulse has use in healthcare. Too much realism, and not enough imagination. Reaseach and use your imagination guys.

-Sci Fi- The problem with sci-fi is that it contracts history. Civ IV is a historical game. Thefuture Eras are sci-fi. I would use imagination and creativity in those areas than make it as real as possible. I would adopt Vokarya's mentality and downplay LS612. Moderator Action: No need to be condescending.

Well, we have no need for CivFanatics.com "mod talk" since 99% of what we talk about it in person.

Best of luck to you guys

Well just know that once you release it to the webs you will have fans who will want stuff and give you feedback. In my experience its good to listen to them since not matter how talented you are, there are still things you might not think of or bugs you may not find.

Again, this is our own little mod for us, we not making it to be moddlers or earn a prize we want to play the game how we think it should be.

I started C2C with SO and DH. Afforess was too strict not wanting to add anything to the mod and he would even cut stuff out that had been in there for years. That's why we had the mantra "more is more".

As our team has grown we must still respect each others ideas and personalities. As SO says "Just have fun!"

If you guys want to do you mod like a business then more power to you. Things like the SVN and our own sub-forum have increased our productivity greatly from when we started. However I am not sure if every way you guys do stuff fits how we do things.

Despite what you may or may not think of C2C I think our team actually has a good balance to where people most of the time get along, have healthy debates and actually want to mod, rather than being forced to.

All of them are very talented and they make me want o be a better modder myself. I am very proud of their work and glad I have gained their friendship along the way. I am sorry if we were not fast enough or you think we had too many rules. But when you get down to it it is a hobby and RL always comes first to the team.

Ok I rambled on and on enough. Best of luck to team Azure.

We have 6 people who are Computer Science majors, ( 3 are masters of python and C/C++ already ), and we modified the code of this:

Parallel Maps

We have the Caveman2Cosmos SDK, and we are using the code from Parallel Maps to buld Multi-Maps independently.

Be aware that I initially wrote the viewport code over on the parallel maps mod (it's in his SVN, which is progressed beyond what he published originally in the main mod download). The port of that to C2C cleaned up the work significantly and has fixed a large number of bugs since then. I have yet to port these back across to the parallel maps mod.

I would therefore suggest that you start from the c2c svn, since that has everything from parallel maps, and more recent fixes at this point. I'd also be interested in keeping up with your progress and sharing information and code as things get fixed and enhanced.

Parallel Maps

We have the Caveman2Cosmos SDK, and we are using the code from Parallel Maps to build Multi-Maps independently.

OK you have all these computer experts, but i dont see a graphics expert in the mist? How do you plan on doing the spore type stuff etc without a darn good graphics expert. Just Wondering??

Version 0.15 (will release at 1.0)

Philosophy of Technology
To us, technologies should be about inventions and discoveries that had a tremendous impact on society, culture, and the world. We define tremendous impact by:

1. Did it have an impact on the culture after its invention/discovery?
2. Was society and lifestyle improved or revolutionized?
3.Was it an invention/discovery that was a revolutionary upgrade/notion of it predecessor ?
4. Has the discovery/invention been mentioned on numerous "Greatest Inventions/Discoveries" lists of many credible sources?
5.Is it fun and add at least 5 things to the game? (units/buodings/civics?)

Added:

Classical
--Mythpunk

Medieval
--Harpiscord
-polyphony music
--Magicpunk
--Dresses
--violin

--Renassiance
--harmonized melody (music-upgrade of polyphony music)
-Secular music (music is heard outside the church for the first time)
--Baroque (music)
----Piano
--quill

Industrial Era
-Muzzle-Loaded Rifles
-Breech-Loaded Rifles
-Bolt Action Rifles
-Gas Mask
-Resturant
-Factory
-Typewriter (Christopher Sholes)
-Elevator
-Appliances
-Individualism
-reinforced concrete, (Siemens-Martin open hearth process (along with the Bessemer converter) makes steel available in bulk. Steel begins to replace iron in building: steel framing and reinforced concrete make possible "curtain-wall" architecture--i.e., the skyscraper).
-Bonds
-Standard Units
-Military Statistics
-Military Logistics
-Ironclad Ships
-Steelclad Ships
-Steam Turbine Ships
-Naval Engineering
-Monetary System
-Financial Credit
-Mechanical Reaper
-Mechanized Mining
-Star Atlas
-Microphone
-Battery
-Electrical Engineering
-Stage Magic
-Fire Extinguisher
-Classical (Music)
-Denim
-Strike Matches
-Calculator
-Smokeless gunpowder
-Glasses
-Lawnmower
-phonograph
-door knob
-Orchestra
-Accordion
-spinning jenny
-subaqueous tunnel
-Pneumatic tire
- incandescent lamp
-suspension bridge
-Cinematographe
-open hearth furnace
-Bessemer converter
- transatlantic cable (1866: Cyrus Field lays the first successful)
-diesel engine
-circular saw
-sheet paper (Fourdrinier Machine)
- electromagnet (William Sturgeon )
-rubber vulcanization (Goodyear)
-facsimile (is a copy or reproduction of an old book, manuscript, map, art print, or other item of historical value )
-manned glider (George Cayley)
-Exhibitions
-roller coaster
-Cellophane

Modern Era
-ballpoint pen
-Modern Fashion
-soft drink
-Radial tires (Cars)
-Electronic Fuel injection (Cars)
-air conditioner
- jukebox
-electric shaver
-Neoprene
-nylon
-Colt revolver (1936)
-Super glue
-Power steering
- bar code
- zipper
-Stainless steel
-Cornflakes (Cereal)
-Radioactivity / geiger counter
-Color Photography
-neon lighting
-Tank
-Cartoons (Television)
-Word Processor
-Synthesizer
-Analog Electronics
-Jounalism
-Consumerism
-Contraceptives
- arc welder
-Band-Aid
-traffic signal
-loudspeaker
-Teflon (1938)
-Quartz Watches
-Action Figues (Barbie Doll and G.I joe)
-Permanent-press Fabric
-Comics
-halogen lamp
-audio cassette
-Astroturf
-Soft contact lenses
-Kevlar
- videocassette (VHS)
-CD-ROM
-DVD (Digital Versatile Disc or Digital Video Disc)
-Blueray
-plastic surgery
-Acrylic paint
-aerosol can
-Stereo records
drive-in movie theater
-photocopier
-Strobe lighting
-helicopter
-Synthetic rubber
-Modern Toys
-Franchises
-Performing Arts
-Romantic Music
-score (Music written for the score of a play, musicals, operetta, zarzuela, film or similar: Filmi, incidental music, video game music, music hall songs and showtunes.)
-Ballroom music(tango, pasodoble, cha cha cha and others.)
-Blues (music)
-Jazz (music)
-Country (music)
-African (music)
-Folk (music)
-R&B (Rhythm and blues- African American)
-Ska (music)
-Guitar
-Reggae
-Electrical Guitar
-Pop Singles
-Virtual Instruments
-World music (1987-Though African, Latin American,and other genres of international music have been around for centuries, a group of small, London-based labels coin the term “world music,” which helps record sellers find rack space for the eclectic music.)
-Grunge movement (Music)
-Hiphop and Rap (Music)
-Autotune
-Electronica
-Soundcloud (remixed and indie music)
-Cell Phone
-Digital Electronics
-Synthetic Fibers (post 1960s and beyond)
-handheld calculator
-Artificial heart
-ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
-food processor
-liquid crystal display (LCD)
-disposible lighter (BIC)
- post-it notes
-laser printer
-Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
-Portable music player
-bifocal contact lens
-Smartphone
-Doppler radar
-Personal Computer
-High-definition television
-World Wide Web
-Operating System
-digital answering machine
-pentium processor
-Animal Rights

Fun Fact:

Who invented the doorknob?

Haven't we always had doorknobs? No; they are a surprisingly recent invention—and the story of the doorknob contains other surprises as well.

Quite probably, a lot of things. Like many other historical technologies, the history of how to shut the door and keep it that way is buried in the undocumented lives of everyday people. Most of them were too occupied with the details of daily life to realize that later generations would want documentation of what they had done.

We know about door-closing technology from archeological and historical remains and from popular expressions. The Bible contains references to barring doors and gates; people used bars to keep doors shut and secure for centuries. "Katy, bar the door," a slang expression for 'expect trouble,' may date back to the time of James I, King of Scotland, when a lady-in-waiting tried to stave off intruders by barring the door with her arm and earning the name Catherine Barlass.

Locks with keys have also existed for much of history. Early locks may have been made of wood. Early keys and locks were larger than today and having a key meant being in a position of trust. Often, instead of locking a door, people kept valuable possessions in chests or boxes which could be locked. The name Chamberlain is very old, dating from the days when kings kept their treasures safely locked in their bedrooms; a chamberlain was a servant trusted with keys to the kings' locks.

The first documented invention of the doorknob appears in U.S. Patent entries for the year 1878 when a patent for improvements on a door-closing device was issued to a man named Osbourn Dorsey. Very little has been found out about Mr. Dorsey except that he was black. Had he always been free or was he recently freed from slavery? Where did he live? What else did he do? Mr. Dorsey's history, like that of many black inventors, is obscure.

Version 0.18

Antigrav Zane said:
This is still BETA and some of this techs might be buildings instead. My goal is to introduce more women and kid technologies, since the technological advances have allowed women and kids more free time, which resulted in a big influence of culture,

Also Lock technologies are there to reduce crime.

Prehistoric-

-Ancient
--pin lock
--SCISSORS

-Classical
---mechanical lock
---Processed Rubber
--Parasol
--Levers (ARCHIMEDES)

-Medeival
--padlock
--Eyeglasses (Salvino D'Armate of Pisa or by Alessandro Spina of Florence)
--ANEMOMETER
--GLOBE (Martin Behaim)

-Renassiance
--Lever lock
--Copernican system
--Thermometer
----PENCIL (Nicholas Jacques Conte)
--pendulum clock (Christian Huygens)

-Industrial
--combination lock
--daylight savings time
--Umbrella (Samuel Fox)
--RENAMED Glasses to Bifocals
--TIME ZONES (1870s)
-horsepower (James Watt's steam engine)
--BRAILLE
--Can (Peter Durand)
-electric motor (Thomas Davenport (July 9, 1802 -July 6, 1851) was an American blacksmith and inventor who established the first commercially successful electric streetcar. Davenport, from Vermont, invented an electric motor in 1834 and began a small electric railway in 1835. He patented a device for "Improvements in propelling machinery by magnetism and electromagnetism" in 1837 (his electric railway). Davenport later started a workshop in New York City, New York, and published a journal on electromagnetism (it was printed on a press that was powered by motors which he devised).

--DUTCH CHOCOLATE (Coenraad Johannes Van Houten)

- kindergarten (Friedrich Wilhelm August Froebel (also written Fröbel) (1782-1852) was a German educator and educational reformer who invented the kindergarten (which means "garden of children"). He opened the first kindergarten in Bad Blankenburg (near Keilhau) in 1837. Froebel founded a kindergarten training school at Liebenstein, Germany in 1849. After some conflicts and mistaken charges of treason, the German government banned the establishment of kindergartens in 1851. In 1860, the government repealed the ban, and kindergartens re-opened (unfortunately, this was after Froebel's death). Froebel's kindergartens included pleasant surroundings, self-motivated activity, play, music, and the physical training of the child.)

- sewing machine (Elias Howe (1819-1867)

-KELVIN (Lord Kelvin (William Thomson, 1824 - 1907) designed the Kelvin scale, in which 0 K is defined as absolute zero and the size of one degree is the same as the size of one degree Celsius. Water freezes at 273.16 K; water boils at 373.16 K.)

-Pastreurazation (Louis Pasteur (1822-1895)

BUNSEN BURNER (Robert Wilhelm Bunsen in 1855)

-Burbank Breeding (Luther Burbank (1849-1926) was an American plant breeder who developed over 800 new strains of plants, including many popular varieties of potato, plums, prunes, berries, trees, and flowers. One of his greatest inventions was the Russet Burbank potato (also called the Idaho potato), which he developed in 1871. This blight-resistant potato helped Ireland recover from its devastating potato famine of 1840-60. Burbank also developed the Flaming Gold nectarine, the Santa Rosa plum, and the Shasta daisy. Burbank was raised on a farm and only went to elementary school; he was self-educated. Burbank applied the works of Charles Darwin to plants. Of Darwin's The Variation of Animals and Plants under Domestication, Burbank said, "It opened up a new world to me.")

-Carver Producce (George Washington Carver (1865?-1943) was an American scientist, educator, humanitarian, and former slave. Carver developed hundreds of products from peanuts, sweet potatoes, pecans, and soybeans; his discoveries greatly improved the agricultural output and the health of Southern farmers. Before this, the only main crop in the South was cotton. The products that Carver invented included a rubber substitute, adhesives, foodstuffs, dyes, pigments, and many other products.)

-CASH REGISTER (1906, Charles F. Kettering version)

- gyroscope (ean Bernard Léon Foucault)

-FOUNTAIN PEN (Lewis E. Waterman)

-electrochemistry (Alfred Bernhard Nobel)

-PUSHPIN (Edwin Moore in 1900)

-REVOLVING DOOR (1888 by Theophilus Van Kannel)

-sugar processing (Norbert Rillieux (March 17, 1806-October 8, 1894) was an African-American inventor and engineer who invented a device that revolutionized sugar processing. Rillieux's multiple effect vacuum sugar evaporator (patented in 1864) made the processing of sugar more efficient, faster, and much safer. The resulting sugar was also superior. His apparatus was eventually adopted by sugar processing plants all around the world.)

-X-rays (X-rays were discovered in 1895 by Wilhelm Konrad von Roentgen (1845-1923). Roentgen was a German physicist who described this new form of radiation that allowed him to photograph objects that were hidden behind opaque shields. He even photographed part of his own skeleton. X-rays were soon used as an important diagnostic tool in medicine. Roentgen called these waves "X-radiation" because so little was known about them.)

-Modern
--ESCALATOR
--Motorcycke (Harley-Davidson 1930-1950s version)
-- Fingerprint lock
-- dishwasher (1960s version)
--ADHESIVE TAPE (Richard G. Drew-Scotch (TM) Brand Cellulose Tape in 1930.)

-AQUALUNG, (The aqualung is a breathing apparatus that supplied oxygen to divers and allowed them to stay underwater for several hours. It was invented in 1943 by Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910 -1997) and the French industrial gas control systems engineer Emile Gagnan. Among the innovations in their device was a mechanism that provided inhalation and exhaust valves at the same level. That summer, the new device was tested in the Mediterranean Sea down to 210 ft (68 m) by Cousteau, Philippe Tailliez, and Frédérik Dumas. This safe, easy-to-use, and reliable device was the first modern scuba system.)

-BLOOD BANK (The idea of a blood bank was pioneered by Dr. Charles Richard Drew (1904-1950). Dr. Drew was an American medical doctor and surgeon who started the idea of a blood bank and a system for the long term preservation of blood plasma (he found that plasma kept longer than whole blood). His ideas revolutionized the medical profession and saved many, many lives. Dr. Drew set up and operated the blood plasma bank at the Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, NY. Drew's project was the model for the Red Cross' system of blood banks, of which he became the first director.)

-ROAD REFLECTOR, (The cat's eye road reflector is a simple device that has saved countless lives. These inexpensive glass and rubber reflectors are set on the roadway at regular intervals, and help motorists see where the road is at night. Each of the cat's eyes reflects oncoming light, acting like lights set into the road. This device was invented in 1933 by Percy Shaw, from Yorkshire, England. He invented it after he had been driving on a dark, winding road on a foggy night; he was saved from going off the side of the hill by a cat, whose eyes reflected his car's lights. Shaw's invention mimicked the reflectivity of a cat's eyes. Because of his invention, Shaw was awarded the Order of the British Empire ("OBE") by Queen Elizabeth of England in 1965.)

-CRAYONS,(Crayons were invented by Edwin Binney and Harold Smith, who owned a paint company in New York City, NY, USA. Binney and Smith invented the modern-day crayon by combining paraffin wax with pigments (colorants). These inexpensive art supplies were an instant success since they were first marketed as Crayola crayons in 1903.)

-CROSSWORD PUZZLE,(The crossword puzzle, a word game, was invented by Arthur Wynne in 1913. Arthur Wynne was a journalist born in Liverpool, England. Wynne wrote weekly puzzle for the US newspaper called the New York World. The first crossword puzzle by Wynne was a diamond-shaped puzzle that was published in the Sunday New York World on December 21, 1913. The first British crossword puzzle appeared on February 1922; it wass published in Pearson's Magazine.)

-DISPOSABLE DIAPER,(The disposable diaper was invented in 1950 by Marion Donovan. Her first leak-proof diaper was a plastic-lined cloth diaper. Donovan then developed a disposable diaper. She was unsuccessful at selling her invention to established manufacturers, so she started her own company.)

-POPSICLE (The popsicle was invented by 11-years-old Frank Epperson in 1905. Epperson (1894-?) lived in San Francisco, California. Epperson had left a fruit drink out overnight (with a stirrer in it), and it froze, making a new treat. His frozen treat was originally called the Epsicle. Epperson got a patent on his "frozen ice on a stick" many years later, in 1923. The Epsicle was later renamed the popsicle. Epperson also invented the twin popsicle (with two sticks so it could be shared by two children), Fudgsicle, Creamsicle and Dreamsicle.)

- vaccine (Jonas Salk (1914-1995) was a research physician who formulated a vaccine against the devastating disease polio. Poliomyelitis, also called infantile paralysis, had crippled thousands of children during an epidemic that hit the world during the 1940's and 1950's. It is estimated that one of every 5,000 people (mostly children) fell victim to polio. Some victims were totally paralyzed and need to live in "iron lungs" (a large apparatus that helped the patient breathe). Salk's developed his vaccine in 1947, while working at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School. The vaccine was made from killed polio virus. In 1955, after many trials of the new vaccine, the vaccine was made public, and put an end to the polio epidemic. Salk wrote many books, including: "Man Unfolding" (1972), "The Survival of the Wisest "(1973), "World Population and Human Values: A New Reality" (1981), and "Anatomy of Reality" (1983). When Salk died, he had been working on a vaccine for the AIDS virus

-Cosmetics (Madam C. J. Walker (December 23, 1867 - May 25, 1919) was an inventor, businesswoman and self-made millionaire. Sarah Breedlove McWilliams C. J. Walker was an African-American who developed many beauty and hair care products that were extremely popular. Madam Walker started her cosmetics business in 1905. Her first product was a scalp treatment that used petrolatum and sulphur. She added Madam to her name and began selling her new "Walker System" door-to-door. Walker soon added new cosmetic products to her line. The products were very successful and she soon had many saleswomen, called "Walker Agents," who sold her products door to door and to beauty salons.).
-BERSON, SOLOMON A.

-radioimmunoassay (Dr. Solomon A. Berson (1919-1972) and Dr. Rosalyn Sussman Yalow (1921- ) co-invented the radioimmunoassay (RIA) in 1959. The radioimmunoassay is a method of chemically analyzing human blood and tissue and is used diagnose illness (like diabetes). RIA revolutionized diagnoses because it uses only a tiny sample of blood or tissue and is a relatively inexpensive and simple test to perform. Blood banks use RIA to screen blood; RIA is used to detect drug use, high blood pressure, infertility, and many other conditions and diseases. For inventing RIA, Yalow won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1977 (Yalow accepted for Berson, who died in 1972). Yalow and Berson did not patent the RIA; instead they allowed the common use of RIA to benefit human health.)

-LEGO(Legos (TM) are a very popular interlocking plastic toy. The LEGO toy company was founded by Ole Kirk Christiansen of Denmark in 1932, but the company then sold mostly wooden toys. The word LEGO was formed from two Danish words, "LEg GOdt," which mean "play well." Christiansen was a carpenter from the Danish village of Billund. The interlocking plastic blocks (the stud and tube coupling system) were invented by Godtfred Christiansen (Ole's son), and patented in 1958. Lego toys were first sold in the USA in 1961. LEGO people were introduced in 1974.)

-K'NEX (The toy construction set called K'NEX was invented in 1990 by Joel Glickman. Joel had been playing with straws while at a wedding and realized that with some simple connectors, they would make a great building set. His plastic rod and connector construction set soon became popular worldwide. K'NEX are made by K'NEX Industries, Inc., a privately held company, and are distributed by the toy company Hasbro.)

-PLAY-DOH, (Play-Doh, a popular children's modeling clay, was invented by Noah W. McVicker and Joseph S. McVicker. They patented Play-Doh in 1956 (patent # 3,167,440). The original Play-Doh was sold in only one color, off- white. Eventually, many colors were marketed. Over 700 million pounds of Play-Doh have been sold, but the formula is still a secret.

-Trading Cards (baseball and pokemon/yugioh)

-PANTYHOSE( Pantyhose was invented in 1959 by Allen Gant of North Carolina, USA, in 1959. This new undergarment became popular as miniskirts were the fashion and soon came to replace nylon stockings held up with a garter belt (short skirts were not long enough to hide the bottom of the garter belt). Gant was associated with the Glen Raven Mills textile mill (he was a descendant of the founder of the mill, John Gant), the company that first manufactured pantyhose.)

-SMOKE ALARM (The first residential smoke alarm (also called a smoke detector) was designed in 1967 by BRK Electronics (this company would later sell the First Alert® brand of smoke detectors). These inexpensive, battery-operated devices received the Underwriters Laboratory approval in 1969. Smoke alarms have saved countless lives over the years, alerting people to fires.)

-Gertrude Drugs ,(Gertrude Belle Elion (January 23, 1918 - February 21, 1999) was a Nobel Prize winning biochemist who invented many life-saving drugs, including 6-mercaptopurine (Purinethol) and 6-thioguanine (which fight leukemia), Imuran, Zovirax, and many others. Elion worked at Burroughs-Wellcome (now called Glaxo Wellcome) for decades (beginning in 1944) with George Hitchings and Sir James Black, with whom she shared the Nobel Prize. She is named on 45 patents for drugs and her work has saved the lives of thousands of people.)

A lot of the techs seem more like small inventions rather then technologies still love what you're doing cant wait to use it

Just me... but I would suggest splitting up this particular project into two parts, a microtech expansion pack and then a far future expansion pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom