C2C civilizations megapack

In the "S" file all that needs changing is the line with the schema name in it. The unfinished ones with the names starting before S need the bad character found and replaced in the list of city names. I can't remember at the moment if it is the a with the accent or e. Also I don't know what line it is on. I think Toffer was onto something there.

Here are the ones with city names fixed + S to Z with schema's text edited.

Also fixed the encoding line problems for Belarus, Bohemia, Bolivia, Costarica.

What I didn't managed to fix is Vietnam's Vietnam_CIV4GameText.xml bug (at line 61, so the error says), for I couldn't understand what's wrong.

*edit*
Fixed also city names for Vietnam, will check the S+ city names too now.
*edit2*
Fixed also city names for Saxons, Senegal, Somali, Uganda, Uruguay and some other ugliness for Ulm. Still trying to fix Vietnam's gametext.xml. All XML validators say it checks out well. And line 61 looks ok. So I'm still clueless.

Attachments

• S-Z.7z
    3.1 MB · Views: 304
  • CityNamesFixed.7z
    685.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Thank you helping out Crash757. Oh Dancing Hoskuld...what you mean C2C will get rid of Civs altogether? Like I mean could you explain how it will be replaced with? Just curious.

Thank you helping out Crash757. Oh Dancing Hoskuld...what you mean C2C will get rid of Civs altogether? Like I mean could you explain how it will be replaced with? Just curious.
We will be getting 'rid' of them, but only to an extent. You would start with a generic 'civ' and adopt your civilization at some point, and it may change later as well. But it will be done through adopting a culture you have well spread throughout your nation, and it will be a major anarchy creating civics change (should make it unavoidable anarchy at that.) The goal I have in mind is that it can also mean that you can capture some nearby cities into your nation but also lose some of yours in the process if they strongly disagree with the change.

Bohemia still don't show it's cities on the civipedia. I checked. Not sure if you mean you fixed all those with the files you put on there or not. Just letting ya know. Oh and Thunderbrd that actually sounds like a interesting idea. So you would start with a generic Civ then with cultures you would become that particular country at some point. When you guys are thinking of implementing that stuff or getting it started?

Bohemia still don't show it's cities on the civipedia. I checked. Not sure if you mean you fixed all those with the files you put on there or not. Just letting ya know. Oh and Thunderbrd that actually sounds like a interesting idea. So you would start with a generic Civ then with cultures you would become that particular country at some point. When you guys are thinking of implementing that stuff or getting it started?
Like many of our projects, it's something that's been in the works for a while but there are numerous steps to take before we can fully commit to it. I just recently bumped the 'Ideas Project' thread, which is a major step in that direction.

So this mod mod don't work anymore cause my caveman to cosmos just crashed on startup latest svn as of today. ?

So, why does such a big project such as this - which has it's own subforum - does NOT have its own moderator ?
FORUM MODERATION
List of current Moderators, Supermods, Staff and Admins

Thunderfall, the owner of CFC, has an appointed staff of Admins and Moderators to solve problems and keep order. They act as a team and individually to enforce the rules. Moderators are assigned to specific forums and each forum has identified lead moderators who set the standards for how the rules will be enforced within that forum or subforum and if any special rules will be applied because of the nature of the forum.
[...]

Below is a list of the moderators who are assigned to the sub-forums on this site.
Spoiler :

If you have a need to contact a moderator, you should do so as set out below. If you're unsure who to contact, your best bet is the super moderator or admin associated with the given forum. For general enquiries, please contact a super moderator or admin.

Civ6

CivBE

Civ5

Civ4

Civ3

Civ2

Civ1

Other Games

Colosseum

Other enquiries

So, why does such a big project such as this - which has it's own subforum - does NOT have its own moderator ?
No need for our own mod.

Also MOST of mods here are outdated.
I think only my mods aren't outdated and or integrated into main mod.

I'm sure if one of us spoke to the admins and requested mod access they would probably give it to us. I know ls612 went on to become an admin. I've admin'd for other similar forums but I'm not sure I want that much required time investment here, even if it isn't all that much really. Not yet anyhow. Maybe eventually.

Isn't there a small program called C2CXMLValidator that checks where the incompatibility issues of a modmod are?

Isn't there a small program called C2CXMLValidator that checks where the incompatibility issues of a modmod are?
I don't think it's mysterious what makes this mod incompatible. DH was working on making as many as he could compatible but he's recently said he can't play anymore for health reasons.
Trying to run this over the latest SVN fails with multiple XML Errors, like :

"Tag: ERA_PREHISTORIC in Info class was incorrect".
I mean, it's really easy to figure out what's wrong here. It's just time consuming and nobody's currently fixing it.

This modmods incompatibility with the current C2C version is easy to fix, and anyone is welcome to do so and share it in this thread, or even start a new modmod thread for the updated version.

Please make it compatible someone that has the skills and time to do it. I really like this mod mod. Adds so much flavor with the extra civs.

This modmods incompatibility with the current C2C version is easy to fix, and anyone is welcome to do so and share it in this thread, or even start a new modmod thread for the updated version.

If you can tell me what lines needs to be replaced with what, I think I'll be willing to contribute...

Top Bottom