1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C civilizations megapack

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Sparth, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Ok, I downloaded the modmod, and looked at the afghanistan file set.

1. Schema files are no longer needed here.

2. In the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    change "x-schema:Afghanistan_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml → "x-schema:../../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml"
    change BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_HUMAN → BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_NATIVE​

3. in the CIV4ColorVals
    change "x-schema:Afghanistan_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml" → "x-schema:../../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml"​

4. in the CIV4GameText.xml
    change encoding="ISO-8859-1" → encoding="utf-8" (not an important step I think)
    after "http://www.firaxis.com" add a space then xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.firaxis.com ../../../Xml/Schema/Civ4Gametext.xsd"​

5. in the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
    change "x-schema:Afghanistan_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml" → "x-schema:../../../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml"
    Maybe you need to add the missing eras to the music section for this one compare it with any CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml in core C2C Custom_Civilizations module.​

6. in the CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml
    change "x-schema:Afghanistan_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml" → "x-schema:../../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml"
    Rince repeat for all civs in the modmod and I think that should do it.

Yudishtira likes this.
  2. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

What is ../../../.. stuff supposed to mean? That the entire file directory has to be written out?

3. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

'../' means one folder back in the folder hierarchy, so it says from here go X folders back and then go into the xml folder, then the schema folder and there's the file we want.

1. \Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations\SomeCiv
    ../../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​
    2. \Assets\Modules\Custom_Civilizations
    ../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​
    3. \Assets\Modules
    ../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​
    4. \Assets
    XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​
    5. \Assets\XML
    Schema/C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​
    6. \Assets\XML\Schema
    C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml​

Finally there's our target file
    7. \Assets\XML\Schema\C2C_CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  4. BackseatTyrant

Can I take the liberty to remove some of the civs in the modmod, as I feel they don't belong?

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It's up to you.

6. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

Yes please remove the fictional Civs and leave the real world historical ones please. That be awesome.

BackseatTyrant likes this.
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure why you would... they should be easily turned off as all should be modular anyhow. Some may want those. I can see why others wouldn't. This modmod is a catchall for those who want some that aren't in the core. Surely few would want to play with everything here on, even if they could.

8. BackseatTyrant

Will do. I will, however, also remove Civs I feel are in one way or another redundant; it gets a bit too much when you get to play as Romania and Transylvania and Dacia.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If you could, please follow the rule of thumb that if it is a culture, it will eventually need a civilization definition to match to it so only eliminate anything that isn't reflected as a culture please.

10. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

So will be uploading a new file with all of them fixed and ready to go soon? I Hope so :) . This and the Music mod mod and I'm happy.

11. Somebody613

Somebody613 Warlord

That's... HUGE!!!
    And given how in this mod, civs only need as much as a few "Leaders" (actual persons associated with that nation) and a small list of self-predictable civic and religion preferences - there's hardly a problem to create a REALLY HUGE pool of "civs" to choose from.
    After, it's the CULTURES that actually provide in-game DIFFERENCES, so if civs only reflect the existing cultures - the job is almost minimal FOR REAL.
    Well, excluding finding GOOD PICS for the LEADERS, of course.
    So, yeah, v41 (or even v40.5) should have as many "civs" as is possible to reflect the existing in-game Cultures.
    Would be really GREAT.
    Also, if not too bothersome, would be FUNNY to make a Scenario option: "Cultured Civ" - which, predictably, gives you "your appropriate culture".
    But I do realize that this undermines the in-game mechanic of many cultures being quite up the timeline, making this option a bit cheating.
    Or not, since an advanced Culture also unlocks advanced stuff - which you wouldn't be able to use until you research it anyways.
    It doesn't matter that you'd know that your Knight will have better stats (hint: Civilopedia still exists) - you still can't BUILD any while still living in caves anyways.
    But the MEGA civ pool should really be a thing soon, loool.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It will take a while for us to get where we want to go with this. The plan has been formulating for years and isn't actively being addressed yet. But the goal is to make it possible to adopt different civs as you transition through the game. Among a number of other goals.

13. BackseatTyrant

I thought the plan was to make generic civs. Also worth noting, even before I started deleting some civs, I noticed noticed not all cultures had a correspondent civ

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It is, but during play you would be adopting one culture or another as the current civilization you embody. You would not start off with a civilization, just a vague generic tribal identity, but as you grow and expand, you'd adopt national identities from the cultures you have developed within your borders, so each culture needs a corresponding civilization for you to choose to embody. Over time, you may find it more beneficial to break up your nation and take on a different cultural identity entirely, or due to the coalescing of a powerful new cultural identity, the people that identify as that culture push strongly enough to splinter off into their own new nation, such as the United States or Australia for example.

There would be a civilization, a culture and a civic (representing that cultural identity being embraced as a national one) for each cultural identity we have in the game. And we'd probably create even more to fill in some gaps in what could have been that never was.

15. Somebody613

Somebody613 Warlord

If we end up with starting as Humans and then gradually adopting Civs based on cultures - will be quite fun.
    Though I guess it should include eliminating "regional cultures" as well, since those only make sense if you start as pre-defined Civ to begin with.
    Also, a MEGA PROJECT would be to adapt the existing Super Earth Map to the RFC standardization and make you adopt cultures based on LITERAL places of where your city is built.
    Would require to play only on that one map for any functionality, but it'd be fun enough to at least exist as a huge ModMod.
    But generally, I'm just awaiting to be able to throw in the massive LIST of "normal" Civs into the current game style - this alone would be FUN already.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't see those as cultures but heritages. That said we were talking about culture development being more a matter of exploring a tree. Because you have X you could potentially also develop Y and Z, for example. An entire hierarchy structure.

There's a game start option that does something to make it closer to like this but yeah that would be a big project and not sure it would really harmonize well with randomized maps being the primary play option.

Yeah basically that's the concept.

17. MrPitero

MrPitero Chieftain

Hey J'm new to this community and j try download this modmod but when j instal it like in the instructions new naiton did not appear. I tried a few things like reinstal or try to install older version but the result was the same.
    Does anyone know what can be a problem?
    Ps sorry for my english, this is not my native language

18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This mod mod is completely unsupported and outdated.

19. Somebody613

Somebody613 Warlord

And I'm sure we all are eagerly awaiting for that to be fixed, lol.

20. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

So how's it coming along Tyrant?