C2C Italian translation

I get this then i try to open files with the recently added translations. Also the Xerces Parser doesn't like this at all i can't even start the game. There are Windows-1252 characters in those files they must be converted to Utf8. I mean not the whole files they are already Utf8 just some characters are wrong.

Cannot open the specified file: Got a character encoding exception.
File encoding (UTF8) does not support all characters from the current file.
To ignore these errors or to replace invalid characters follow the link below to change the "Encoding errors handling" option value from REPORT to IGNORE or REPLACE.

Yeah we had a heck of a problem from the last batch, lets not do that again guys, ok, thx.

I get this then i try to open files with the recently added translations. Also the Xerces Parser doesn't like this at all i can't even start the game. There are Windows-1252 characters in those files they must be converted to Utf8. I mean not the whole files they are already Utf8 just some characters are wrong.

Cannot open the specified file: Got a character encoding exception.
File encoding (UTF8) does not support all characters from the current file.
To ignore these errors or to replace invalid characters follow the link below to change the "Encoding errors handling" option value from REPORT to IGNORE or REPLACE.

What link?

The strange thing with these files is that as I upload them they're fine (I also attached the log file created by albert's validator in the last translations uploaded), but actually on the SVN I can see that there is the same problem..... I really don't know what is wrong with them

The strange thing with these files is that as I upload them they're fine (I also attached the log file created by albert's validator in the last translations uploaded), but actually on the SVN I can see that there is the same problem..... I really don't know what is wrong with them

I did upload your changes properly didn't I? I am a bit distracted with medical tests and stuff.

I'am able to open the files from the zip without an error so there is something wrong with the files in the svn.

New translations done =)

these files come from Assets/XML/Text; I had already done most of these translations, so I finished the translations not done, changed the encoding of all files and linearized some pedia text

I already run the validator and everything was ok, no errors this time;)

Attachments

• ITA_translate12.zip
    86.1 KB · Views: 53
Lets hope that when I check it I don't introduce problems.;)

edit In the Thunderbrd text file the key TXT_KEY_MISC_OVERCOME_CITY in the English Its should be It's. I am not going to change it because I think when I save it corrupts the UTF-8 characters.

Do you mean this part?

Spoiler :
<Tag>TXT_KEY_MISC_OVERCOME_CITY</Tag>
<English>%s1_City has Overcome %s2_Disease. Its people are feeling much better now.</English>
<French>%s1_City a éradiqué : %s2_Disease. Le peuple se sent beaucoup mieux à présent.</French>
<German>%s1_City has Overcome %s2_Disease. Its people are feeling much better now.</German>
<Italian>%s1_City ha superato %s2_Disease. Ora i suoi cittadini si sentono molto meglio.</Italian>
<Spanish>%s1_City has Overcome %s2_Disease. Its people are feeling much better now.</Spanish>
<Finnish>%s1_City has Overcome %s2_Disease. Its people are feeling much better now.</Finnish>

I changed it as requested

Attachments

• Thunderbrd_GameTexts.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 47
Isn't the difference between 'its' and 'it's' the difference between 'possessive' and 'it is' in the same listed order?

Thus, if I say, "It is half past ten", shortened, it would be expressed: "It's half past ten." While if I say "The box's Jack wouldn't come out at the end of the song" shortened, it would be expressed, "Its Jack wouldn't come out at the end of the song".

In short, "Its" is correct. It's simply means "It is".
The cat grabs the mouse with its paw.

Just that "Its people" simply sound weird...
"People" will do...

I've done some new translations in the modules subfolder, but after running the validator I'm having this problem (see the attachment). Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

@alberts2 I saw that you modified lots of files, putting as encoding iso-8859-1 where it was ISO-8859-1; do I have to change the encoding to UTF-8 or I leave it as it is? I leave the special characters as they are (à,è,ò...) or I substitute them with codes like &quot....?

@Everybody another question: how can I merge fast two files? I started translating a very long file (something like 6000 lines) but then it was eavily modified on the SVN, how can I merge my translation in the SVN files? Preferably fast, without copy-pasting every single translation I made =)

many thanks in advance

Attachments

• C2CXmlValidator.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 44
@Everybody another question: how can I merge fast two files? I started translating a very long file (something like 6000 lines) but then it was eavily modified on the SVN, how can I merge my translation in the SVN files? Preferably fast, without copy-pasting every single translation I made =)

That was what I was doing :) but now, with the switch to utf-8, there is something wrong with my setup as it corrupts the file when i merges. :(

I've done some new translations in the modules subfolder, but after running the validator I'm having this problem (see the attachment). Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

@alberts2 I saw that you modified lots of files, putting as encoding iso-8859-1 where it was ISO-8859-1; do I have to change the encoding to UTF-8 or I leave it as it is? I leave the special characters as they are (à,è,ò...) or I substitute them with codes like &quot....?

It dosen't really matter if it is iso-8859-1 or ISO-8859-1, i just added the proper xml declarations to all the files i modified and many tools write the encoding in lower case. I wanted to convert all files to utf-8 but i had many problems with invalid characters. I have to find a solution for this first
If the file is utf-8 then use the special characters and if the file has another encoding use the codes or you can try to convert it to utf-8 but if there are already special characters you have a problem.

To change the encoding relatively fast I developed a strategy (a bit time consuming, but at least I don't have to go through every file to change every single file)

I) Open all the files I have to edit
II) In notepad II, use the function substitute in all open files for the special characters (at least the most common ones, like à becomes à ; and so on)
III) change the encoding in all files (since you have codes, they will not be detected as invalid characters)
IV) eventually repeat the step number 2, on the contrary (substitute à ; with à......)

Anyway, I did the translations, chenged the encoding and linearized the text in three subfolders of Assets/Modules (Thunderbrd, Tsentsom and Units); when running the validator, I still have lots of errors regarding the building schema but I don't understand if I did something or it is simply because when translating I changed the folder of the files

Attachments

• ITA_Modules.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 49
To change the encoding relatively fast I developed a strategy (a bit time consuming, but at least I don't have to go through every file to change every single file)

I) Open all the files I have to edit
II) In notepad II, use the function substitute in all open files for the special characters (at least the most common ones, like à becomes à ; and so on)
III) change the encoding in all files (since you have codes, they will not be detected as invalid characters)
IV) eventually repeat the step number 2, on the contrary (substitute à ; with à......)

You can't do that for ~3000 files.
I found a soulution for this problem, now i can save all xml files to utf-8 without having invalid or non-printable characters. Once i finished the xsd schema i have to update all files and i'am going to convert them to utf-8 also.

Top Bottom