C2C SVN Changelog

I'd say that the simplest thing to do is to pull out the code you've been working on and then paste it into Toffer's new positions, which should make checking a lot easier.

You'll certainly want to back up your work before updating. Then once updated, use a compare program between the original file you were working on before your changes so you can easily spot the differences. Then insert the changes where they should belong in the new ordered file.

Or, better yet, Toffer could revert the changes on the SVN until you've committed and he can then restructure the xml as desired.

This sort of dramatic change to an info file really needs some forewarning considering it can cause big issues for anyone working on those files.

I may have some trouble with this myself as I've made numerous unit tweaks on this end.

Reorganizing the order of info entries isn't in and of itself a big deal but it needs to be done at a time when others aren't working on those files with adjusting tweaks to the infos because automergers don't tend to handle it too well, making the adjustments potentially even affect the wrong infos entirely once merged.

EDIT: UnitCLASSinfos.xml shouldn't cause me any trouble since I haven't needed to manipulate that.

• Subdued animals now move at the speed of their handlers.

• Graphic representation of subdued animals now includes their handler.

That concludes my work on animals and subdued animals. I was going to have the yield from kills adjust by technology depending on the size of the animal but I will leave this for another time. This decision was not made due to Toffer90's reordering as he did not reorder the file I was working with but because of the information that would be displayed to the player would be confusing.

• You get a Subdued Lion instead of a Subdued Lion Pack.

• Subdued Vulture moves the same as other subdued animals
IE two things I missed when testing my changes.

• Another fix to goody hut barb spawns - bNaval wasn't loading correctly.

• Hide and Seek - First full draft finished and enabled. More to do with later game invisibilities will wait for Land Military and Naval Reviews. The criminal unit review will add more depth with more units to fill some gaps as well. Air units also need to be eventually reviewed with this in mind. For now, however, the option is playable and enabled. More info to come in the form of an option introduction thread.

Check out THIS THREAD for more info on Hide and Seek.

• Fixes save compatibility issues.

(Actually does work this time.) This makes saves for both before 8838 and after 8838 work fine according to all tests.

- changed tech icon quality from DDS1 to DDS2

- added correct buttons for scavenging and nomad herd improvements
- bring back old size of the improvements buttons in tech splash screen

Wow... this didn't post when I clicked to post it last night so... retroactively:
  • Reverses hardcoding of Invisibles in the code.
  • Adds Terrain, Feature and Improvement Visibility and Visibility Range tags for Hide and Seek Option.

• Adjusts a number of units' SpecialUnit definitions.
  • A number of discussion inspired xml adjustments for Hide and Seek.

• Further Size Visibility factor adjustments.

Top Bottom