C2C SVN Changelog

• Use capture mechanism for all subdued animals

• Rationalise the culture/science mission add to culture for all subdued animals

• Allow normal workers to inscribe Geoglyphs if the nation has the Nazca Lines wonder

I still have to change the movement of all subdued animals to 1 and add a graphic of a worker to the unit to represent the handler.

Geoglyphs- The Nazca Lines wonder now gives a manufactured resource "Geoglyph Plans" which is required to inscribe the geoglyphs improvement. I have not yet removed the Andean Worker but will adjust it in a save game friendly manner in my next update.

• Manufacturing Bonus file missed in last update

• XML clean/tidy-up. Saved 2.5 MB.
  • Small adjustments to animals that seemed like oversights. Like "terrainimpassable": Snow & Tundra (but not permafrost...) also made some of the new water terrains impassable where appropriate.

Side note: Im starting to implement my current project and its take few days. Please dont edit CIV4TechInfos.xml until I upload this project ok?

+1:goodjob:
Finally someone hat the guts to remove those useless tags with default values in them.

How do you know what is useless and what isn't?

JosEPh

How do you know what is useless and what isn't?

JosEPh

Anything like <xxx/> or <xxx>0</xxx> or <xxx>NONE</xxx>. There are a couple of others. I have been removing them as I edit a particular object but it does mean I need one with all the tags in when I add a new object. For that I often have to go to other mods!

Anything like <xxx/> or <xxx>0</xxx> or <xxx>NONE</xxx>. There are a couple of others. I have been removing them as I edit a particular object but it does mean I need one with all the tags in when I add a new object. For that I often have to go to other mods!
The schema fully lists all the tags and the proper formatting if you know how to read it. I'm surprised you would have difficulty with that.

We could add a readme.txt with a full set of correctly formatted blocks and tags as an example for each different schema.

Edit: @Joe:
there are a couple of tags that behave differently though; error messages are thrown if one removes certain seemingly useless tags; e.g. <iRangedWaveSize>0</iRangedWaveSize> OR <iAdjacentHeal>0</iAdjacentHeal>.
Others have a non 0 default value, e.g. it is harmless to remove this tag from improvements: <bActAsCity>1</bActAsCity>; while it causes problems to remove <bActAsCity>0</bActAsCity>.

Edit: @Sparth: Noted.
Some tags have been set to be required that perhaps shouldn't be. iAdjacentHeal for example is required if you've set a healing tag but can be changed in the schema to be unnecessary (and probably should be if it causes issues.)

The one tag I remember being required due to a poorly established default was a nuke capability tag... I could adjust that so that it could be safely removed as well though.

Sparth said:
Side note: Im starting to implement my current project and its take few days. Please dont edit CIV4TechInfos.xml until I upload this project ok?
Can you show us the adjustments so I can adjust my documents here? (Hoping it's not TOO severely adjusted without full discussion.)

Remember not all technologies are defined in that file. Some are defined in the optional modules they belong to.

Remember not all technologies are defined in that file. Some are defined in the optional modules they belong to.

Which means its easy to accidentally cause an overlap on the tech tree.

The schema fully lists all the tags and the proper formatting if you know how to read it. I'm surprised you would have difficulty with that.
It can take 20 minutes to sort out what is what using the schema. With an example less than a minute. I am old and life is too short to be wasting time;)

Which means its easy to accidentally cause an overlap on the tech tree.

Not if you read the documentation at the start of the file:D

• units captured by hidden nationality units become hidden nationality

It can take 20 minutes to sort out what is what using the schema. With an example less than a minute. I am old and life is too short to be wasting time;)
Being a tag builder I suppose I've developed a degree of familiarity such that it takes less than a minute now. F5 is my friend.

I think we should strive to generate some documentation on all tags for all info types and store it as linked to the modder doc thread 1st post. Big project but would be cool to have done.

Not if you read the documentation at the start of the file:D
Is that at the start of the core tech info file or the modular ones? I wasn't saying we shouldn't have modular techs... just that we need to be careful of them when adjusting the tree.

• units captured by hidden nationality units become hidden nationality
:D

Attachments

• 3rules330.gif
    3rules330.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 100
Im changing tech buttons and for that I need to change file path to 200+ techs.

Can you give a couple of examples in the "discussion or YOUR graphics thread, thx . . SO

• Small cleanup of main unitclass xml (grouped animals alphabetically in categories at the bottom of the xml; a minor OCD raptus.)
  • Adjustments to rivers graphics.

• (grouped animals alphabetically in categories at the bottom of the xml;

Argh, No! I have still not quite finished with the animal updates. Changing the order means either I drop what I have done, but not finished testing enough to put on the SVN, or enter it by hand again!:cry:

Just use Notepad++ or other such program to identify the changes and apply them to your files as painlessly as possible.

Luckily I am using the Animals file not the Units file. :whew:

Just use Notepad++ or other such program to identify the changes and apply them to your files as painlessly as possible.

If the order has changed how do I compare unit 1 which is on page 1 of my file with unit 6 on page 33 of the new file. Especially when unit 2 on page 1 is the same on both!

Top Bottom