C2C SVN Changelog

• Attempt to move trunk/Sources/xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1 into branches/alberts2
Action: created folder "alberts2" under "branches"

• Attempt to move trunk/Sources/xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1 to branches/alberts2/xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1
Action: created folder "xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1" under "alberts2"

• Undo last step
Action: deleted the folder created at 10625

• Attempt to move trunk/Sources/xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1 into branches/alberts2
Action: Branched/copied the folder to new location (branches/alberts2/xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1)

Lesson learned: After 10624+10625, it told me the destination folder already existed, so I had to undo 10625 and try again. I could have even skipped 10624 by checking "create intermediate folders", so that branching is done in one commit.

• Recompiled boost-thread and xerces into static libraries
  • Relocated xerces-c-3.1.1-x86-windows-vc-7.1 folder from trunk/Sources into branches/alberts2
  • Replaced xerces source files to include with headers files only
My apology to @alberts2, I haven't informed you beforehand. I should have asked for your consent on this.

Last edited:
For developers that need to build dll, please skip 10628.
  • Fixed 10628's xerces static library by recompiling without debug information so no more warning on missing xerceslib_vc71.pdb when building dll.

What went wrong in 10628: I did not turn off the compiler flag /Zi when building the xerces library.

I once thought my previous commit made rebuilding dll unavailable, but luckily it was just because I ran "make Debug" simultaneously with "make Final_Release". What happened was neither side could read from CvGameCoreDLL.def, so they both failed.

• Removed 2008, 2010, and 2012 versions of Visual Studio project. Updated include path information in the latest project file.

If anyone still uses previous editions of Visual Studio, please let me know your opinion.

Last edited:
  • (Wrong) Restore Visual Studio 2008 project files (1)
I thought I had to branch them to "branches" first, but in the next commit, I could just branch them in place.

• Restore Visual Studio 2008 project files (2)
  • Restore Visual Studio 2008 project files (1)
  • Revert 10631
  • Updated Visual Studio 2008 project definition
In my opinion keeping the 2008 version is enough. Newer editions than this, you just let Visual Studio do the conversion.

• Uploaded my Netbeans project definition files
  • update svn-ignore property in newly uploaded folder
  • Update project files
  • Reverted CVDEBUG to _DEBUG (forgot to revert the one in Makefile)

Last edited:
Fixed nested rawvicinity tags.
Apparently it simply ignored such resources.

PPIO overwrites vicinity texts, so I can't see if I nested it correctly.

Fixed displayed icon of Djenne wonder displayed by python.

Looks like some art was moved without considering Python.

All units are now buildable as soon as you research their tech requirements if you have other requirements met - now no unit is unlocked before their requirements.
Only exception are units at Copper Working - either get Copper Wares (now revealed at Copper Working) from other civs, or go instantly for Metal Casting.
Added replacement buildings to units whose requirements could be replaced before getting never version of unit.
That is build all buildings and you will make sure you have latest units.

Added tech prereq and Animal Trainer as OR prereq for Breeding Pair - Horse/Donkey
Animal Trainer replaces Donkey/Horse breeder - it was one example of replacement cutting off units.

Neanderthal units (and its wonder) now unlock at Nomadic Lifestyle and obsolete at Copper Working making possible for player to use Neanderthal Worker.
Neanderthal Brute and Guide now have upgrades.
Neanderthal Wardog was commented out due to being way past Copper Working - Neanderthal Trained Dogs upgrade to regular Wardogs now.

Added bonus requirements to 30 cultures that I added before.
Moved tech requirement (and changed bonus requirement if new tech requirement was before bonuses tech reveal) of cultures to tech requirement of earliest cultural units of its culture.
All cultures bonus requirement is now raw vicinity type - no need to improve resources to get cultures.
This means in ongoing games some cultures will shutdown and others will be suddenly available to build.

Adjusted resource requirements of units, if given resource wasn't available to them yet.
Few unit got their tech requirement changed.
Three manufactured resources are now available earlier.

• Updated Makefile with /PDBALTPATH option for Final_Release, thus new DLLs built will not contain an absolute path to the PDB file
I've been distressed to see personal absolute paths revealed everywhere in the binary files we built and the two libraries I recompiled...
I originally thought merging numerous intermediate .obj files into one .lib was going to help by decluttering the working directory. I was totally wrong.
Debug information like which line in which header is only relevant on the computer of the man who compiles the program from source, due to the absolute paths to the headers that the compiler embeds in the intermediate object files. Sadly there is no option to make it output relative paths.
This means if a dev wants to debug the xerces or boost-thread library, he has to compile them from source along with our dll source, so that the debug symbols can be traced to certain lines in the source files on his computer, if he wants this feature enabled. Otherwise he'll have to read through the whole function block that the debug symbol points to to find the relevant breakpoint. I'm lost to what I'm saying now. It's all too technical...

There is another option, to make these two components separate DLLs. It may be possible to place these dll in the Assets folder, if only I could figure out the way.
Ahh, no way. If CvGameCoreDLL is dependent on other dlls, other dlls are to be loaded before it.
Unless I can get the external dll to delay load.
Xerces library exports static symbols, so cannot be delay-loaded.

Last edited:
Removed MinAreaSize (checks for size of seas) from land units.
Reduced it to 10 for units with MinAreaSize >10 to match coastal building requirements.

Mapinguari Compound is now automatically replaced on Gunpowder, Mapinguari Pikeman is forceobsoleted on same tech.
Hacker needs Diskettes as alternative to flash memory.

This was leftover after my unit review. Only those two units had wonky requirements.

Last edited:
  • Minimal xerces source and lib-building command files added in branches. You can clone the src\ folder to C:\xerces-c-3.1.1\, in order to make the most of the pdb for debugging.
  • Final rebuild of xerces and boost-thread static libraries, in my root path (C:\), to allow debug info to be shared.

• Revisioned VS project again. Please edit the NMake include search path in Project Properties to reflect your VC2003 and WindowsXPSDK location.
Don't add boost or python to the NMake (intellisense) include search path or there will be thousands of analyzer errors!

10655 & 10656 (had to do this in 2 segments) &10657(a file management update needed on my end)
  • Art assets packed into FPKs
  • Hopefully final DLLs for the pending release.
Hopefully, this is the last version before packaging the final v39 tomorrow evening. I need the team and anyone else involved in the mod to update and stress test this to make sure we're fully clean, particularly with graphics. Hopefully, no problems are found and I can denote the mod version with the next update and then post v39 to ModDB. Please consider this a total freeze until then. If you have strong reason to commit any changes, please get approval before doing so.

Note: leaving this to finish comitting so it may not be there in full yet. The FPKs are quite large.

EDIT: Commit failed - attempting again.

EDIT: Complete! Go for it and test away please.

EDIT: There is a known failure in module art references in the FPK. I'll have to fix this when I can.

Last edited:
Fixed path errors in two cultural unit graphics.

If you want to have fixed Sheba Elites and Kalaripyatt unit art defines, then update only Assets\Modules\My_Mods\New_Cultures\Cultures_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml - there is serious artistic mess.
At least one positive thing from this mess I found out that module art never was packaged - I could try fix art issue with two cultural units, that was here for long time.

You can also update normally and revert all changes in Modules folder by SVN 10656.

Last edited:
  • Art update Step I (another step to come to complete the correction)
  • DLL code fix from billw on Discord
  • Adds back the art files that had been attempted to be packed into FPKs but cannot be without re-writing the XML references to new file paths.

Note: 10661 is being left to commit - it may fail and need to be broken up into smaller commits. This is taking a while.

Last edited:
Top Bottom