1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by Hydromancerx, Jul 1, 2011.

1. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

I feel this is something that's in the .cpp files. Maybe @Thunderbrd can clarify you on this.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting... not an intended effect in the system and a bit surprising that it's happening. It's handled in the coding. However, I must wonder if it should be changed or if it's actually a good mechanic. I'm not doing any coding at the moment so for now you'll have to adapt to it.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  3. Zolika Toth

Zolika Toth Chieftain

Hi,

well, i was glad to see that also the AI has got this unhappiness, however for him only 51, while for me 77.
    Then i have just noticed, that again half of my cities have started to shrink, and now this amount is 139......
    I dont have any crime in this city, why do i have this? It doesn't even tell the exact reason for it...

I also put guard dogs to all of my cities about 20-30 turns ago, but i dont see that the number of the criminals has decreased. I dont know, how to deal with disease, crime, criminals, pollution the same time, while i also need to build army and other kind of buildings...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      435 KB
      Views:
  4. Zolika Toth

Zolika Toth Chieftain

ps: u can see, how much i have lost from my score because of this crazy unhappiness, about 25% of it, and now am gonna lose more...
    If the AI can not kick your ass, it will cheat like this. Am thinking to open world builder, and give to myself around 100 future techs, so the unhappiness and unhealthiness will be solved...

Attached Files:

5. Zolika Toth

Zolika Toth Chieftain

Hi,

Here you can see my capital, there is no crime, and i managed to catch all of the criminals as well.
    But as u can see, that unhappiness amount, which was before 77, then 139, is now 401!! In all of my cities.
    Which means, the number of the worked tiles around my cities is 0.
    I mean only in those few cities, where i managed to build a wonder, that decreases the unhappiness to 0.

Does anyone know, how to fix this?

Attached Files:

• 1212.jpg
      1212.jpg
      File size:
      443.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Try doing a recalc.
    ctrl+shift+T

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There are many crimes that cause unhappiness in all cities so you must control it in more than just one city. It's... perhaps problematic to gameplay, particularly for the AI that may struggle in some offshore cities still.

8. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Please tell me what is the deal here? What does it even mean for the elephant to have 10 str, if it is treated as 7 in any actual combat?
    20181104065926_1.jpg

9. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

@Yudishtira does the elephant have any +% Vs. melee units?

10. Yudishtira

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. He had +1 strength from Way of the Centaur, and two starting promos, but they were most likely Combat I and City Attack I.

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

The Stone Maceman have 151 HP.

Was the elephant rider merged or did it only have 100HP as is what an unmerged unit has.

The screenshot doesn't show how much max HP the elephant unit had...
    Was it a battle between a 10:strength: / 100 HP Elephant unit VS 7.5 :strength: / 151 HP stone Maceman?

Merging units gives more than just :strength:, it also gives more max HP to the unit.

12. Yudishtira

So that's the answer? More HP is roughly equivalent to more strength? Merged units get 1.5 x their strength, and 1.5 x their HP, and this amounts to (slightly more than) doubling their strength overall in practice?

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Pretty much, though they heal slower the more they are merged, and there are some other tradeoffs, like gaining less XP from combat.

14. Arcanior

Arcanior Chieftain

Hey everyone, I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but is it possible to see the your 'city limit' in the game somewhere? I've read on the forums here that the various government civics are supposed to have a sort of softcap after which maintenance costs begin to wildly go up; is this visible in the game somewhere? I'm in my first game, in the early Ancient Age (adopted chiefdom 50 turns ago or so), with 5 cities now on a standard size map, and I have a feeling I might be pushing my limits if I start conquering my first neighbour (Hitler) now.

15. Yudishtira

It appears to me that they've been completely removed. They used to be listed explicitly in the civics screen, and they're definitely not there any more.

Arcanior likes this.
  16. Arcanior

Arcanior Chieftain

Thanks, it does appear so. I also noticed that there is an option now to add them back in, in the "Custom Game" options, so that seems to confirm it.

Something else: I was a bit confused by the Civilopedia entry for Culture (Athenian). I'm playing as Alexander, and according to the Civilopedia, the only requirements for Athenian culture where European Culture and being a coastal city, with no technology requirements. I'm quite a bit into the Ancient Age but still cannot build Athenian Culture - is there any way to find out why this might be? The only cultures I've built so far are Neanderthal in the Prehistoric Age, and recently Minoan. To be honest, I still don't really understand how the culture system works...

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Some cultures aren't buildable at all - they have cost of -1.

18. Arcanior

Arcanior Chieftain

I see! So they're in the game as a sort of legacy item, and I shouldn't count on being able to use them?

19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

It was more of abandoned project.
    That is someone never got to utilize them all, and some cultures were left as placeholders.
    All cultures have tech and continental culture requirement and other requirements seem to be optional.

Those unbuildable cultures didn't get this treatment.

dmd175, KaTiON_PT and Arcanior like this.
  20. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

Want to wage war on neighboring AI civs, but cant actually attack their cities with your rogue/stealth units? Well, I might have a solution for you. I'm not sure if this is an exploit, but I found it useful:

Start building rogue units like Bandit Footpad, Riders, Warlords, Warlords, etc. Then move them into neighboring AI civs territory. Look for unprotected siege units that AI civs will sometimes have roaming around in their borders or sometimes in small stacks. If you have a few bandit riders, you can usually smash the stack easily enough or simply capture any isolated siege units. I find that even when it says I destroyed them, I actually captured them.

Since those siege units were captured by “rogues” it registers them as barbarian units which means you can use them to bombard and lower the defenses of AI cities allowing you to actually attack them directly with your rogue/stealth/barbarian units.

I was able to attack – and it automatically razes- some AI cities that had been put in an area where I wanted to reduce their borders as well as on an island they were trying to expand to that I want to build on later. (Note when you capture a city, it razes it and will say in the log that Barbarians razed the city.)

Basically this allows a kind of proxy warfare normally not possible because you can’t build rogue/barbarian siege unit – at least none that I’m aware of in the earlier ages of the game.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018