C2C - Tips and Tricks

Here is the save I was talking about.
Thanks for that.

But I'm afraid it confirms that you have known about that one civ's huge power lead for quite some time. I don't know why they are the only ones who have built up like that, but I'm going to assume for now it was through a "human-player-style" snowball.

If you want to continue this game, or want to experiment as to whether to persist at Monarch, you would need to go back a hundred turns or more, preferably to where you first learned of their power lead, and see if it's at all possible to spam 50-60 (tech-superior) units which should be enough to counter them.

(Well training the units looks easy, but maybe upkeep on them is the hard part.)

Hi

what difficulty do you recommend? For some reason handling the treasury and the income in this MOD is way too easy.
I remember, in the other mods i always had to adjust the tax rate, and especially at the beginning of the game i had to decrease the research sometimes to 20-30% to be able to be positive about my treasury, and even later in the modern times i was happy, when i could keep the research at 70-80%, but never more. But in this mod i can keep the tax rate on 0% after a short time of playing, the treasury is gonna increase anyway. I am playing normally on Noble difficulty. I would love to play on higher difficulty, but at Prince or higher level i dont have any chance against the AI.
What difficulty are you playing?

Try Emporer , you can allways lower your diffiiculty with the " Flexible " Option in the Bug Menu.
When you have to much gold you can have a big army, so the ai shouldn`t be a problem.

I remember, in the other mods i always had to adjust the tax rate, and especially at the beginning of the game i had to decrease the research sometimes to 20-30% to be able to be positive about my treasury,
Major mistake to compare Caveman2Cosmos (C2C) to other mods. Just sayin'. Let go of preconceived ideas from other mods and just play C2C and see how it unfolds. No other mod out there is like C2C.

Hi

what difficulty do you recommend? For some reason handling the treasury and the income in this MOD is way too easy.
I remember, in the other mods i always had to adjust the tax rate, and especially at the beginning of the game i had to decrease the research sometimes to 20-30% to be able to be positive about my treasury, and even later in the modern times i was happy, when i could keep the research at 70-80%, but never more. But in this mod i can keep the tax rate on 0% after a short time of playing, the treasury is gonna increase anyway. I am playing normally on Noble difficulty. I would love to play on higher difficulty, but at Prince or higher level i dont have any chance against the AI.
What difficulty are you playing?
The excess gold is being gradually worked on. However currently you would have to try Nightmare Deity and would probably still find gold easier than you describe. The AI is also being worked on, but on that front you should be safe moving up to Monarch. With Flexible Difficulty (which can be switched on in BUG and thus in an existing game), you can change the difficulty in-game at any time. Also consider Flexible Difficulty for the AIs, if you have trouble with runaway AI leaders.

The hardest period for gold is (or was last time I played it) the second half of Prehistoric to early Ancient around Currency. If you are finding gold too easy in this period, you need to try at least Monarch. Meanwhile, you could switch to Deity right now, and see if it's more your style.

Major mistake to compare Caveman2Cosmos (C2C) to other mods. Just sayin'. Let go of preconceived ideas from other mods and just play C2C and see how it unfolds. No other mod out there is like C2C.
Yeah.
BTS has 92 techs - little less than Prehistoric and Atomic eras.
Shortest eras have little over 50 techs.

So Prehistoric, Ancient and Classical+Medieval eras is 3 separate vanilla BTS games when it comes to tech tree length :p
Atomic era is longest and has 102 techs :)

Well, i tried on monarch. We are still at the beginning, everyone has got only one city, but the Egyptians with the second highest score are researching already with double speed. With espionage i can see their research, and they have just started a new technology, but they need 9 turns, while i need 18.
I dont expect too much from this game on this difficulty, if the AI gets so much advantage :D
Does someone play on the highest difficulty? Is there any advice, how i can decrease this difference regarding the research? I started a tech chain to get the tribe unit as soon as possible, so i can start to spread my empire maybe before the other civilizations, but dont have other idea.

It is absolut ok , that the Ai is far in front of you in researching things.
Remember you have a lot of game time to catch up with them.
If you spend money for spying and you can see Egypts Science you are doing something wrong , you should spend all to your Science.
Tip : Hide the scoreboard !!!
Also it is not so clever, to go the shortest way to Tribalism.
@JosEPh_II publish some time ago a "Masterplan" which i use , which is very effective:
Cave Dewelling-Oral Tradition- Tracking-Culture Identity-Tribalism-Petroglyphs-Barter -Chiefdom-Sedentary Lifestyle

If the Ai won`t get advantage , they will not have any chance against you in the later stages !!!

Well, i tried on monarch. We are still at the beginning, everyone has got only one city, but the Egyptians with the second highest score are researching already with double speed. With espionage i can see their research, and they have just started a new technology, but they need 9 turns, while i need 18.
I dont expect too much from this game on this difficulty, if the AI gets so much advantage :D
Does someone play on the highest difficulty? Is there any advice, how i can decrease this difference regarding the research? I started a tech chain to get the tribe unit as soon as possible, so i can start to spread my empire maybe before the other civilizations, but dont have other idea.
If you survive, you will eventually catch up. Research rate isn't important to survival. Power is what matters. Try to keep up in Power with tech leaders (no more than 20% behind). It is (on Monarch) almost certainly possible. Even if it makes your teching even slower, I think it's worth it.

It is absolut ok , that the Ai is far in front of you in researching things.
Remember you have a lot of game time to catch up with them.
If you spend money for spying and you can see Egypts Science you are doing something wrong , you should spend all to your Science.
Tip : Hide the scoreboard !!!
Also it is not so clever, to go the shortest way to Tribalism.
@JosEPh_II publish some time ago a "Masterplan" which i use , which is very effective:
Cave Dewelling-Oral Tradition- Tracking-Culture Identity-Tribalism-Petroglyphs-Barter -Chiefdom-Sedentary Lifestyle

If the Ai won`t get advantage , they will not have any chance against you in the later stages !!!

Thanks for the advises. Actually normally i dont spend much on the espionage at the beginning of the game, i just wanted to see, how faster the AI`s research is.
I just like to see the demography of the strongest opponents, so i know the status of my army. I set it back to 100% already.
Egypt has researched the Tribalism first, but i was the second, so am gonna try to build some cities and lets see, if i can catch them up a bit, i am with China on the Earth map now.

So far, out of my experience in numerous started-up games, the best strategy generally involves working towards the hunting techs first. With those, you are able to greatly enhance your research speed through the usage of the myth "buildings" subdued animals provide. I also find it key to do a brief detour to get to Cultural Identity in order to gain access to the Elder Council building, the most powerful science-related building until it's made obsolete by Writing.

Units must be of a type that can merge or split. You can see in the pedia, under their unitcombat definitions, if they are barred from this.
Units must be healthy to merge or split.
Units may not be grouped if they are going to merge or split.
Units may not have moved this turn if they are going to merge or split.
Units may only merge with units of the same type and current group volume. Sometimes you can think you have 3 valid units but one of them is merged once and the other two aren't, for example.

Yes, and i have seen, units must have exactly the same promotions.

Other question; is there any way to see straight away, which units can be upgraded to a stronger one?

Yes, and i have seen, units must have exactly the same promotions.
Not true, but they must be of the same group size.
Other question; is there any way to see straight away, which units can be upgraded to a stronger one?
Fully healthy units show as many of them as their group volume when you don't have single unit graphics on. Other than that I get used to looking at their strength and just keeping in mind which amounts mean which group volume levels.

Most of these rules are pretty clear, the only one you have to think about is the "no grouping" for merging.

Is the incremental healing effect provided by monks (military unit) and support units cumulative?
For example, if I have 20 wise women, do I get a +20% healing in that tile per turn?
I want to know because merged units take a long long time to heal.

Is the incremental healing effect provided by monks (military unit) and support units cumulative?
For example, if I have 20 wise women, do I get a +20% healing in that tile per turn?
I want to know because merged units take a long long time to heal.
No. Some changes to the way grouping works with that (somewhat) are intended - maybe not what you expect. However, 1 Wise Woman can usually only help heal one or two units in a tile, so one large grouped unit still only counts as 1 unit. Outside of that, it's intended to be one of the penalties to get you to consider not grouping as much as you can unless you absolutely have to.

Top Bottom