C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Keeps the game hard with the high maintenance cost but small colonys/outposts still possible.
They're always possible but they're not always profitable just like no new city is at first, well it's not supposed to be at least. Rather intended that they aren't because in RL they tend to not be. There's even the strategy of letting go of colonies to save your economy if you must if you are playing with the right options on.

I wil try to get enouth gold to be able to build some far away citys in strategic positions, but will be very hard with this high maintenance cost.

Is there any early second palace tech/wonder currently? So a far away colony area can be created not to late in game?

I wil try to get enouth gold to be able to build some far away citys in strategic positions, but will be very hard with this high maintenance cost.

Is there any early second palace tech/wonder currently? So a far away colony area can be created not to late in game?
This is interesting that you are having trouble with gold. What era are you in?

This is interesting that you are having trouble with gold. What era are you in?

Trouble with gold is cool, makes the game harder, just at start and the city i conquer'ed letz say 11 to 13 plots away, whats not much on UEM map, cost about 26 gold maintenance hard to hold and i need to increase the economy, so i think placing san francisco soon on other pacific side strategicaly then city may cost 100 gold maintenance on this distance from palace. Will take a while to get my economy there. But at least i managed to get 4 gold + now in my economy. But taking another city far south is currently mostly impossible whats good so the AI got some more time to survive and makes the AI harder. So pro for colony/outposts is you can build also a few citys early strategicaly far away, limited of course. If you upgrade them to full city it will be costly. Whats the con's? Hmm... i dont see one directly. Also will only work until you get you first settler, that will take some time for me now. Ok con is you dont need a strong economy to expand a bit faster. But so the player can take strategical positions fast enouth and far away to create a far away new area with secondary palace, yes may work also now with a very strong economy.

Last edited:
Trouble with gold is cool, makes the game harder, just at start and the city i conquer'ed letz say 11 to 13 plots away, whats not much on UEM map, cost about 26 gold maintenance hard to hold and i need to increase the economy, so i think placing san francisco soon on other pacific side strategicaly then city may cost 100 gold maintenance on this distance from palace. Will take a while to get my economy there. But at least i managed to get 4 gold + now in my economy. But taking another city far south is currently mostly impossible whats good so the AI got some more time to survive and makes the AI harder. So pro for colony/outposts is you can build also a few citys early strategicaly far away, limited of course. If you upgrade them to full city it will be costly. Whats the con's? Hmm... i dont see one directly. Also will only work until you get you first settler, that will take some time for me now. Ok con is you dont need a strong economy to expand a bit faster. But so the player can take strategical positions fast enouth and far away to create a far away new area with secondary palace, yes may work also now with a very strong economy.
Not sure I followed all this but it's very important to make it difficult for you to conquer your whole continent or even one distant capital too early in the game because if you can and you economically get away with it, you can REALLY get an early steamroll going that will make the rest of the game lack competitiveness entirely. Should be at that stage of the game as far away as other cities are, you shouldn't be able to hold them, at least not without it binding up your economy so bad you can barely progress much at that point. Thus if you wanted to go around and clear out foes without keeping their cities, you certainly can and it can be a strong move, but trying to keep another ideal capital space before you can even send out a tribe to create another city is clearly something that would put the AI at a giant disadvantage unless it's very painful to do it.

Yes, the AI is gaming good and better now, nice game balanced all now. Game is harder now, thats good. New wood growing system is cool. I cant kill the AI too easy now, top so far. :)

Yep conquering one city at gamestart was hard and hit my economy badly. No chance to take another city soon and the AI is defending well. AI builds good units now and also goes hunting and exploring well.

Good job.

Last edited:
If you want to build a super power you need far away bases.
It sound nice in theory. In reality you dont need. Just play long enough and you will find a way how to manage centralised superpower without outposts ;-)
Of course if you want to build superpower in ancient era you need distant bases, but with faster roads world shrink really fast and futuristic bombarders with really long fly limits are really helpfull. Tanks can conquer citis 20 -30 tiles away in one turn(with right promotions).Nuclears weapons are good tools for negotioations and nuclear submarines can carry a few right into enemies territory. Future is interesting, future is funny. Have fun finding new ways to build superpower.

It sound nice in theory. In reality you dont need. Just play long enough and you will find a way how to manage centralised superpower without outposts ;-)
Of course if you want to build superpower in ancient era you need distant bases, but with faster roads world shrink really fast and futuristic bombarders with really long fly limits are really helpfull. Tanks can conquer citis 20 -30 tiles away in one turn(with right promotions).Nuclears weapons are good tools for negotioations and nuclear submarines can carry a few right into enemies territory. Future is interesting, future is funny. Have fun finding new ways to build superpower.

I always build far away outpost like US bases world wide to respond to any conflict asap. :thumbsup: Or to have more citys on more continents without all citys in one bunch. Like i try to send colonist to indonesia or other places to get a foot into early enouth before AI takes it or grows to big. But sounds good with these secondary palaces, will try to get one for my colony areas.

Damn... AI plays hard and good now, strong defense and upgraded his units directly after good research. :goodjob: Better dont start a war very very good prepeard or think twice about. Cool is a challenging time travel now.

uem1.jpg

uem2.jpg

Damn... next attack AI builded defense, cant attack further, have to retreat and prepare new attack. :goodjob:

uem3.jpg

AI builds alot of troops now and is defending very good. Damn thief/exile destroyed a trail causing problems for the city mohawk beetween the attack!

uem4.jpg

Damn big babarian army problem in meantime..

uem5.jpg

Barbarian army defeaded...

uem6.jpg

This time our elite forces breakthrough... :woohoo: hard and a long battle but we made it! North america is secured, first goal reached...

uem7.jpg

Oh damn that cost for distance will hit our economy badly again after this conquest, fun to game now and nice hard! Was on the edge sometimes and the war was able to fail, AI keeping up good now and AI really games good now. Brasil already started to found citys, next step build up north america and trying to hold down the south america civs but the world is so large... may fail, but good point reached to build up a superpower now and to survive a bit. Will stay a challenging game! :goodjob: Others rising and will be hard to stay on world top, we will see...

uem8.jpg

Fun fun to game now, good job on AI. :thumbsup: If you dont game good now on deity + eternity then you go down... no guarantee how long i stay on world top, other civs may come up or already have more points in some sectors than me.

1290 turns to secure north america, but in 8 turns i will get -40 gold maintenance cost. :eek: Will be hard for our economy to compensate but we will try. Also i lost this game really some experienced units. :gripe:

No reloading and no cheating, ultimate challenge. :rockon:

Letz go some more thousands turns. :)

Last edited:
BUG/PROBLEM: ???

@Toffer90 @MattCA

What have you done? After updating from 11216 to 11221 all my units get alot of more experience and get free promotions now... more XP needed to upgrade option bugged now? Can you fix that? You will see the free promotions after one turn.

Last edited:
BUG/PROBLEM: ???

@Toffer90 @MattCA

What have you done? After updating from 11216 to 11221 all my units get alot of more experience and get free promotions now... more XP needed to upgrade option bugged now? Can you fix that? You will see the free promotions after one turn.
More XP to level was bugged before by being applied twice by mistake, quadrupling the needed XP rather than doubling it.
The XP limit from animal and barb fights was only doubled causing a level discrepancy for when your unit stop getting XP from animals/barbs between having the option or not.
If you want it to quadruple you can change MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL_MODIFIER in GlobalDefines.xml from 200 to 400.

Free promotions.... you mean from after a battle? That can be disabled in BUG options, I think the option is called "battlefield promotions", I always turn this off.

Last edited:
More XP to level was bugged before by being applied twice by mistake, quadrupling the needed XP rather than doubling it.
The XP limit from animal and barb fights was only doubled causing a level discrepancy for when your unit stop getting XP from animals/barbs between having the option or not.
If you want it to quadruple you can change MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL_MODIFIER in GlobalDefines.xml from 200 to 400.

Free promotions.... you mean from after a battle? That can be disabled in BUG options, I think the option is called "battlefield promotions", I always turn this off.

Well when i update all my units have there XP doubled or more... so they get alot of new promotions for free. Ok i try changing MORE_XP_TO_LEVEL_MODIFIER.

@Toffer90 Yes, with 400 now it is as i started, works fine with that change. Maybe you should keep it on 400 makes the game harder 200 is a bit low.

Last edited:
BUG/PROBLEM:

2 small problems, bit unclear.

1. Free Shock and Awe promotion from war dance is not aplied to commanders i create in city, looks like works not for field commanders and not for unit commanders.

2. Stone tools maker will not stop to work if no rock gatherer is in city, but he schould do? Rock gatherer is required for stone tools maker. But that may only happen if a ressource gone missing, so rocks are no ressource, so may be ok.

@Thunderbrd @Toffer90 and others: Hmm... will be a bit harder if the AI will use warlord commanders on a few units, anyone ever saw the AI use generals as single unit leaders? AI is doint that? I saw AI use field commanders, but not unit commanders, can be improved maybe.

Rest of my game is progressing very well, 4 citys now but alot of economy problems. :goodjob:

@Thunderbrd @Toffer90 and others: Hmm... will be a bit harder if the AI will use warlord commanders on a few units, anyone ever saw the AI use generals as single unit leaders? AI is doint that? I saw AI use field commanders, but not unit commanders, can be improved maybe.

Rest of my game is progressing very well, 4 citys now but alot of economy problems. :goodjob:
I feel that's really a trap use of Generals... a way to get the absolute least you can out of one.

Top Bottom