1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Pit2015, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Latest SVN update?

Conflicted? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml

Deleting this file and reusing SVN update worked.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Well I uploaded latest latitude rescaling mod to latest SVN since this and two other files were changed..
    I guess it didn't knew what to do with it.

3. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Yes i updated lati rescale also now. SVN update looks to work with my savegame now.

4. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Also there is no neanderthal thief unit btw.

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Intentional, criminal units are not available to neanderthal civs.
    A cheap army that is large compared to the population of the nation is believable for low tech nations, while the same is not true for a high tech army, it would either have to be smaller or more expensive.
    Number of free units is calculated from the nation total population. High tech countries are likely to have more population per city and more money making buildings in them too so can afford the increasing cost of their army as tech progresses.
    I was actually thinking we could introduce buildings that increase the amount of free unit upkeep. Also we could add in a tech tag that increase the base amount of free unit upkeep when the tech is discovered.
    Civics should modify the free unit upkeep by a percentage rather than just adding a static amount to it.
    Yeah, I intend to have the exact unit upkeep cost displayed in the unit tooltip so players get a sense of the numbers in play there.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Well than there is a bug, having neanderthal culture will not allow me to build a thief unit, should be fixed. Neanderthal culture blocks the building of thief's. Also should not block the building of normal gatherers. Like you can build story tellers with neanderthal culture. Also normal hunters/trackers are blocked. At least thief or units where is no neanderthal unit is available for should work. Best all so gamer can select what he wants to build.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

This is intentional, neanderthal civs should not have ANY criminal units until reaching ancient era. It's the downside of going neanderthal.
    Homo sapiens gotta have one more edge than just cheaper units on their neanderthal neighbours, that being better at deception.
    We want it to be so that if you have access to neanderthal units, then you won't have access to ANY non-neanderthal units.
    It's an either-or setup.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Ok.

9. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

I say make thiefs buildable for neanderthal culture at least.

Reminds me about some techs of C2C: :)

10. MattCA

MattCA Warlord

Watched that yesterday or something. I like how they moved them.

Pit2015 likes this.
  11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

12. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Updated from 11192 to 11206 and continuing my game now... is not working getting errors.

FIX:

Reverted to SVN 11205 then deleted all conflicted files manually, reupdated SVN to 11206, then overwirte files with latitude mod https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...d-no-latitude-longitude-limits-modmod.630873/

Recalculation in game worked.

Now it works, can continue savegame now.

BTW, cool new upkeep cost display. :goodjob: Also good fix to calculate unit cost and free units gold correctly.

BUG/PROBLEM:

@Toffer90 @raxo2222 @Thunderbrd - But looks like unit upkeep cost still not be calculated correctly, if i build a neanderthal watcher it says unit upkeep 3.80 but if build it will only ad +2.00 upgrade cost to the treasure chest complete calculation.

Adding test savegame 1 turn before watcher is build.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Ah, I see the problem, in the city screen it applies the size matter specific quality unitcombat modifier to unit upkeep, but you're not playing with size matter.
    The unit on the map has the correct value in its tooltip because without size matter the units doesn't get that unitcombat, the city screen just look at the xml definition of the unit where they do have that unitcombat.
    It's an easy fix, thanks for reporting it.

Edit: 11208 will have the fix, and it's on the way now.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    MattCA and Pit2015 like this.
  14. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Ok, cool. :)