C3C Epic 'Vermont' for Newbees

Thanks for accepting Rik. I've stated my preferences, but I'll leave the final say up to you and bathsheba666 (he can almost assuredly be counted on for a twist ;) ). Good point about the SoZ, I think it needs to be "tweaked" so that it isn't resource dependent.

We have a healthy democracy operating on the game options :rolleyes:

So either we go round and round, or I take an executive decision on the request. I can guarantee to offend everyone equally... ;)

Having expressed an interest, Daddy-o has not yet replied to either the general options or tribe selections.

Given the amount this thread has been dormant at various times, it seems unfair to single him out for not responding immediately, but I might do this by, say, tomorrow night.

One added wrinkle, Smart points out that 5+3ai continents is going to be unbalanced on one continent, so proposes pangaia in this case.

If Daddy-o doesn't respond, this ceases to be an issue, but what do mclman and azzaman think about this in general? I suppose this could even be unbalanced on a pangaia, although we can request attention to this point.

Thanks everyone for the response.

Can I have your timezones/ playing times to arrange the order?

Can everyone guarantee one move per day, say 5 per week minimum?
Or will that be a problem for anyone? What would be realistic?

@Smart, I'll drop out, then 4+4ai has a chance of moving quickly.

If we're going with pangea (which I'm not opposed to) then there won't be much surprise anyhow. You can still do things with large internal seas, land bridges, off continent islands, etc. From reading Rik Meleet's comments it sounds like he's all about balance, which is reassuring. Why not give him the # of players we end up with, difficulty level, aggression, & barbs & ask HIM to surprise us with landmass, age, temperature? I don't think we have any crybabies here, and speaking for myself I'm in it for the fun of playing with others, win or lose. Maybe if he knew our skill levels he could take that into consideration when putting everything in place. I, for one, am just about to win my 1st solo Emperor game, and am playing in 2 Vanilla Deity SG's.

Personal;y, I'm very confident on Monarch, but i'm still not ready for emperor. I like your idea McLMan about asking Rik to surprise us with a map. I'd still like to go with 5+3ai.

GMT -6
I play in the evenings, after 7pm.
theidiots * yahoo * com

I can commit to playing a turn once every 24 hours, but I can't commit to watching for a save in my email 'til the cows come home. There is real life to be considered.

I don't mind a 5 on 3ai, if that's what it takes to get everyone who wants to play in the game.

Yes, if this game is still being planned, I will join. However I am still in the process of downloading the latest patch because my computer takes about two hours to do it and I can't find I good time where I can be on the internet for that long without break.

OK, I've received the email. I'll cook up a map for you the coming days. Now the only thing missing is passwords for the game. You can either PM / email to me or I'll make you one and let you know what it is.

Gimme a few days to make a map. I don't have a lot of time, but I'll squeeze you in. :)

Been away for a few days. Got the e-mails. Looks like everything is coming together.

Just PM'd my password to Rik Meleet.

And we're off!!!!

Chichen Itza is founded on fertile ground.

One thing that has helped in other PBEM's is keeping a consistent file naming process. The save I sent to Daddy-O names the Version_Game Name_Turn Number+sub-turn (a)_and the year (as shown in the title to this post). When you save following your turn please change the letter following the turn # to the next letter in the alphabet. I will change the turn # and year for subsequent turns.

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom