C3C Epsilon Epic Continents 4+4

Yes it did.

I will soon write down a few words about by view of the game since I took it over from classical_hero.

Furthermore there was the plan to play the alternate version, in which my complete core was destroyed by the Roman forces as a special challenge. If Hawklord and Eclipse are in for it we can try it out.

OK don't see how this is the last turn, you are not close on territory or culture. You might launch the spaceship but it takes time to get where it is going. Doesn't it take 10 or 20 years to get there. Maybe I'm getting confused with the different flavours of civ.
Well, that was in Civ1 and Civ2... (Just like the railway transport on steriods, you have been using in this game...! :lol: Perhaps the game the game said to itself "let's make it a bit easier for this old feller and let him some of the old rules he is used to...")

After playing my first civ on an atari and loading it up with floppy discs (the 3 1/2 inch ones that are not floppy at all) and working through all of the different versions I forget which rules apply to what.

I'd just got my strategies all sorted to win civ 3 when they called it 4 and changed it all again, then again, then again. So you will have to forgive me if I get :confused: occasionally. (Just put it down to senility and humour me)

I can see what is going to happen next, just as I start to suss out the civ 4 strategies, civ 5 will come out, then I'll have to start all over again. Unless it's just different shaped squares and prettier graphics. No they will change all of the rules again. Maybe I should take up Chess agian, at least the rules don't change quickly :cry:

I fell the same. Just stick with good old Civ3.
Regarding chess: isn't that fast evolving, too? I still remember when they introduced castling and en passant and the "long bishop move" some time ago... :lol:

The movement was a bug as I can do it without the unrest. But I'll give it a go if you both want to. It will mean that I'll have to be carful with my moves.

Congratulations Calis.

We only dog piled you cos we knew you were going to win. Didn't expect to stop it as we didn't have strong enough units and no time to develop the tech for them. But thought there was a long shot that we could wear you down by numbers alone.

Maybe we'd be better starting a new one that isn't broke.

I was quite pleased to bring the Romans from a backward nation stuck in the corner of a continent to be at least a player on the world stage.

I didn't have much chance of winning given the starting position I inherited, It was fun anyway, and at least you could finish the game.

The alternative play was your idea in a post of a different thread.

For me, we do not need to play the other path.

If anyone is interested in starting a new PBEM, I'd like to be in. But I really would enjoy an automatically generated map and an epic game. This game here showed how much more interesting they can be. And this was the last remaining epic game (with a computer generated map) I participated in.

Yes I know, but that's when I thought it might be a legitimate move. But in the next turn I tried moving the red-lined inf you left and he could have taken out all your undefended cities too. So the save is getting a bit shakey :)

I'd rather start a new one where we start of at the same place and see where we go from there. It's always hard picking up someone else's games. Players never seem to quit while they're ahead. :lol: I'd be surprised to take over a game so far down the line and find a vibrant Empire.

Still I still like the challenge of dragging an ailing Civ up by it's boot laces. Just a glutton for punishment.

If you two want to start another game like this I'd be up for it. They was a lot of wheeling and dealing going on, which made it a lot of fun.

I could set up a computer generated map easily. Lets come up with a name for it and I'll start up a thread.
From there how many players
How many total Civs
And the Level in which the AIs will be played.
Who wants what civ or make random

I think many people are subscribed here so the opening of the thread it self will be crazy

I'm in

I agree with hawklord but I never really pulled American out of its slump, there just wasn't enough Luxuries for me, anyway

The Diplomacy here was first rate, no doubt about it!

What makes the game "Epic"?
It was in the title before the game went epic, so is it the amount of players? or how much space each player receives? or both

Maybe a large Map would make it "Epic"....

I'll play if you need another player. :thumbsup:

Here's a few ideas out of the Civilopedia;
The Warriors Code
Zone of Control
Collateral Damage

Other ideas
"Overture"
C3C Zeta Epic (Epsilon is the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet, Zeta is the 6th)
C3C Anthem
Stong
Wills
Of
Rightful
Destiny

EVERY
PALACE
I S
COMMADED

Kings and Queens

Epic compared to the Scenarios.

I'd like a large or huge map, continents, with several AIs to make the beginning more interesting. Either huge, 80% water, or large 60% water.

Difficulty should be emperor, I'd say. I fsomeone does not feel challenged by an emperor AI, I#d also go with demigod.

Some barbs would also be nice.

I'd like to give the Russians a try.

And to keep the turnaround reasonable, I'd propose a maximum of 4, or maybe 5 players. If there is more interest than that, I'd rather setup a second game.

Would the game speed be epic. As in longer tech times.

We'd need 1 AI per human player or something close to it.

Zeta would be the best name.

Then in some 90 years we'd be onto Omega and discussing the merits of civilisation IXIV.:lol:

Calis I think your setup is fine
We'll see if in the next 24 hours if we get players here and I'll start a new thread, but when I do that other players will show interest.

It seems I always make thing difficult bt writting so much but sometimes its needed
I'm not sure of the correct word but if we have above 5 players interested the integrity of the game goes up and Epsilon's begining might happen. So do we accept players we know are commited. players that have many posts and have been here awhile will most likely stay with the game. Someone with 53 post and joined last year, well will they be here for the duration. Anything can happen to any of us, so I always try to state the realistic time frame of a game like this.

Ok so I like Zeta also, I don't know if Epsilon was the 5th Epic game here but it shows its relation to it good enough but it was just a begining idea.

I think I'll Zeta to my Signature,

Bathsheba has the habit to name his games after Greek letters.

I'd really prefer to have committed players, whom we know as such!

Too often I saw players go after a short while...

Well there is
me, eclipse, calis and blaze (if he wants back in) plus cyc. That would make 5.

We should ask Blaze as he was a recent ruler who stayed to the end. (his :lol:)

Should we go with that. I'll pm blaze

Top Bottom