C3C Epsilon Epic Continents 4+4

All that I am asking for is that Hawklord replays his turn keeping to the movement restrictions that are normal. And if that is not acceptable for my opponents and they want to make use of that unlimited movement I am asking for the chance to prepare myself.

These are the only two options in my mind.

I will not accept a turn with half of my Empire in ashes. I consider this whole thing as a bug.

I'm fine with using standard movement rates, I had no real thought of beating you but I confest I turned every aspect of the game I could think of to do as much to you as possible. And to think of this as something that maybe no one has encountered maybe me replay all that I did in my head.

In my head I thought benifits were just numbers just lke negatives are, and you have to admit a lot of what I did for example is rare, even know much of it like my war weariness would not add to yours when you take that city over.

I looked at civil unrest, culture and railroad rules and none had an acception to the rule asteric after the rule.

I would like to play on proud that I achieved what I achieved even if it means losing. I am not a quiter, it does not hurt my feelings to be beat, I learn from everyone of them, and most of all, every game is separate no mater what.

I'd like to play on and if it doesn't make it to May 10th, well it almost did and thats good enough for me.

I really appreciate that. So where are we now? As I understood Hawklord, he replayed the last turn with keeping to movement rules!?

Just keep all the played turns. If everybody is interested, we might can also play the other path of history, where my empire is torn apart by the Roman troops. I changed my mind on that issue.

It would be interesting to play both. I think you could still recover and go on to win but it would be more of a challenge in the one where you are gutted, Your clearly going to launch the space ship pretty soon in the other one.

It would be interesting to play both. I think you could still recover and go on to win but it would be more of a challenge in the one where you are gutted, Your clearly going to launch the space ship pretty soon in the other one.

Well, in that game I probably have to choose a different way to win. My military is rather strong, but you'll have some time to catch up technologically and that might make it more exciting.

Lurker Comment

Have you ever thought about it this way:
Perhaps this is a case of "the Gods of Civilization interfering", in order to make sure this epic game will last until May and complete its 5th year...! :D

Well this war was a last ditch effort to stop Calis kicking our butts. We didn't expect to win but though there was more of a chance of stopping him by going to war than there was just letting him build up enough forces to roll over us or launch his spaceship. :lol:

I vote we play both just for the fun of it.

Still, I'd like to know where the save is currently and when we will go on. I suggest to finish the game first and then start the 'alternative history'.

That would be less confusing than running 2 together. I will resend the one I played with limited movement to eclipse tonight.

I have both versions, I have flaged the alternate history with red to find it later,
I will play Epsilon asap, tonight might not be good because I will be just getting homefrom my journeys and I don't want a foot or a fork in my screen Hehe. Weekends are different.

GPS to Calis

Ok we are rolling again. I have the other save for when this is finished

Ugh, gargle, what happened sarge? How did we get on this ship?
relax troop, we are displaced Americans now our country is Japans but we still have refuge and hope. Where's all my buddies sarge? Don't worry you'll see them soon you can bet on it!

Not nearly as much fighting as the turns before, but a few battles are to be reported:

Against the Americans:

Near Kagishima:

4/5 battleship vs. 4/4 galleon --> 4/5 battleship
Near Tazumal:

A frigate is redlined by artillery bombardment

4/4 destroyer vs. 1/4 frigate --> 4/4 destroyer

Our artillery redlines all ships in the Phoenix Channel

marine captures undefended Alcatraz

Near San Francisco:

4/5 destroyer vs. 3/3 transport --> 2/5 destroyer

4/4 marine vs. 4/4 cavalry --> 4/4 marine (San Francisco captured)

modern armor army captures undefended New Philadelphia

Hunt Valley:

17/17 modern armor army vs. 4/4 musket --> 17/17 modern armor army (Hunt Valley captured)

Olympia:
17/17 modern armor army vs. 4/4 archer --> 17/17 modern armor army (Olympia captured)

Against Rome:

All landed units plus the three naval units that brought them are bombed down to one hit point by artillery

Our bombers attack the ships:

bomber shot down by anti aircraft fire
hit --> destroyer sunk
miss
hit --> destroyer sunk
hit --> transport sunk

4/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 infantry --> 4/5 modern armor
4/5 modern armor vs. 1/3 tank --> 4/5 modern armor
4/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 tank --> 2/5 tank
4/4 modern armor vs. 1/5 tank (bombed down again) --> 3/4 modern armor
3/4 modern armor vs. 1/3 marine --> 3/5 modern armor

GPS to Hawklord...

This movement thing is definitely a bug, I can still move anywhere and you are not in unrest. The save must be broken. I will post something in the other thread.

However, I stuck to the movement rules and:

22 Artillery captured and spiked in Japanese mountains
Japanese Battleship sank by air attack off New Hakodate
Attacked some other ships and improvements but little or no damage.

gps

This is starting to sound like Slaughterhouse 5.

I make it short, as ne next turn is going to be the last one... :please:

Rome:

a bomber killed that redlined infantry

bombarded the two stacks that landed on our western coast:

All units are at least reduced to two hit points and afterwards eliminated by our troops, generating 5 MGLs

Our bombers sink all Roman naval units near New Hakodate

America:
Washington decided to flip back to the Americans, but was recaptured immediately by a modern armor defeating a flak

Three more American cities were captured on the western island...

GPS to Hawklord...

OK don't see how this is the last turn, you are not close on territory or culture. You might launch the spaceship but it takes time to get where it is going. Doesn't it take 10 or 20 years to get there. Maybe I'm getting confused with the different flavours of civ.

After playing my first civ on an atari and loading it up with floppy discs (the 3 1/2 inch ones that are not floppy at all) and working through all of the different versions I forget which rules apply to what.

I'd just got my strategies all sorted to win civ 3 when they called it 4 and changed it all again, then again, then again. So you will have to forgive me if I get :confused: occasionally. (Just put it down to senility and humour me)

I can see what is going to happen next, just as I start to suss out the civ 4 strategies, civ 5 will come out, then I'll have to start all over again. Unless it's just different shaped squares and prettier graphics. No they will change all of the rules again. Maybe I should take up Chess agian, at least the rules don't change quickly :cry:

Anyway

Japanese Destroyer sank off Palmyra

2 marines died but third took Edo and destroyed it

1 marine died attacking Kozuke

Damaged ship in fleet North West Roman coastline.

Top Bottom