• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C3C PBEM - WWII HOF - 'Malta'

If we're playing a new game, I've made some adjustments to the previous BIQ file to balance gameplay a bit more. I think the Germans were a bit too powerful on mainland Europe so I've made the following adjustments:
- reduced the number of workers Germany has at the beginning by 4
- reduced the work rate of Fascism from 4 to 3, I was able to produce railroads very quickly in this game with stacked workers. That being said, Drendor would have found 6 armies, 5 panzer corps and 5 infantry corps beside Leningrad next turn :p.
- increased the work rate of Communism from 2 to 3. Reflecting the Soviet's fervor in the Great Patriotic war.
- reduced the number of Me109s in Germany. I didn't find a need to produce any more fighters since I had so many on CAP over my major production centres. The German player should be forced into a 'guns-or-butter' situation.
- removed 2 sections of rail from Konigsberg to Riga, what would have killed Russia is my quick redeployment from the southern front to the northern while Russia had no roads.
- gave Helsinki back to the Minor Axis. German control of Helsinki compromising air control too deep over Russian territory.
- increase railroad base creation turn from 60 to 80 (rails should be harder to produce for all sides)
- gave Russia a boost in production by adding factories to cities behind the Urals. Also increased the population of various cities to reflect Soviet manpower. With obvious German air superiority, Russia didn't stand a chance in the short period before the allied buildup.
- gave Russia a few more Yak-3 fighters, especially around Moskow and area.
- extended rail by one tile to Sverdlovsk
- realigned the CW forces in Egypt. Moved 1 inf div from the oasis near Toburk into Tobruk. Moved the conscript 1st Armoured Div into Alexandria. Replaced the moved armor with an additional infantry div.
- swapped inf corp in Tripoli with inf div in Marseilles. Since CW doesn't have any corp sized units, Italy should be forced to play the dangerous game of transporting units south with Malta in CW hands.

Attachments

• HOF_V112_MP_long_TG.zip
    212.1 KB · Views: 60
May I say that I do not think the game is unbalanced so much as someone being pretty good at this scenario.

I have not played CW or Russia yet, would not mind either Axis power as I might have figured them out by now (unless I need to face a new and improved Russia with TechGuy at the helm :) )

BTW - where is Luthor on all this. This is his fav after all - must be busy with rli.

Dont make the axis position too weak. Remember that it was bad russian play exploited by lucky german results that enabled german domination at the eastern front. If we screw the germans up too much they will become too weak instead.

I think that the re-position of CW troops in north africa is good. It gives the CW a chance to survive the initial assault from the axis.

My choice of play:

1)Russia (I want to try again, hehe)

2) Germany

3) Japan

4) British

5)U.S and China

Well, in light of what you guys said about me modifying Germany, I've undid some things.
- reduced the number of workers Germany has at the beginning by 4 REMOVED
- reduced the work rate of Fascism from 4 to 3, I was able to produce railroads very quickly in this game with stacked workers. That being said, Drendor would have found 6 armies, 5 panzer corps and 5 infantry corps beside Leningrad next turn .
- increased the work rate of Communism from 2 to 3. Reflecting the Soviet's fervor in the Great Patriotic war.
- reduced the number of Me109s in Germany. I didn't find a need to produce any more fighters since I had so many on CAP over my major production centres. The German player should be forced into a 'guns-or-butter' situation.
- removed 2 sections of rail from Konigsberg to Riga, what would have killed Russia is my quick redeployment from the southern front to the northern while Russia had no roads.
- gave Helsinki back to the Minor Axis. German control of Helsinki compromising air control too deep over Russian territory. REMOVED
- increase railroad base creation turn from 60 to 80 (rails should be harder to produce for all sides)
- gave Russia a boost in production by adding factories to cities behind the Urals. Also increased the population of various cities to reflect Soviet manpower. With obvious German air superiority, Russia didn't stand a chance in the short period before the allied buildup.
- gave Russia a few more Yak-3 fighters, especially around Moskow and area.
- extended rail by one tile to Sverdlovsk
- realigned the CW forces in Egypt. Moved 1 inf div from the oasis near Toburk into Tobruk. Moved the conscript 1st Armoured Div into Alexandria. Replaced the moved armor with an additional infantry div.
- swapped inf corp in Tripoli with inf div in Marseilles. Since CW doesn't have any corp sized units, Italy should be forced to play the dangerous game of transporting units south with Malta in CW hands. REMOVED

Attachments

• HOF_V113_MP_long_TG.zip
    212 KB · Views: 59
Btw, where's Luthor?

So far, the play order would look pretty much the same except maybe for a CW and US player swap:

China: Eric_A
Japan: semental
Russia: Drendor
Germany: Techguy
Minor Axis: Techguy
CW: Luthor
Minor Allies: Luthor
USA: Eric_A

I am not tracking the German changes very well. I thought that the last game where I had Germany that it was pretty balanced with Russia. I think it may have been beefed up in a few areas (air power) but that may have been the result of my poor play rather than an imbalance. We should be a bit mindful of balance and handicapping.

Anyway, let's rack-em up and watch the axis rule!

Hooray I get to play the russians again! And now with a stronger fighter force?

It will be fun to get my a-- handed by Techguy again! :goodjob:

Top Bottom