• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C3C PBEM - WWII HOF - 'Malta'

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
*** GAME FULL ***

This is a PBEM based on a WII scenario called 'Hinge Of Fate', done by Eric_A. The name of the game is 'Malta'. The game length is 100 turns.

ORDER OF PLAY & PLAYERS
1a. China : Luthor
2 . Japan : Semental
3 . Russia : Drendor
4a. Germany : TechGuy
4b. Minor Axis : TechGuy
5a. Commonwealth : Eric
5b. Minor Allies : Eric
1b. America : Luthor

HOUSE RULES
01. No Razing\Abandoning cities. Selling all improvements is allowed.
02. No trade with the AI on turn0.
03. Techs can not be traded but can be stolen.
04. Flipping cities is not allowed.
05. Empty cities can be traded without restrictions. But only empty cities.
06. Guerillas may not be loaded onto sea transports.
07. Max of 3 divisions (or 1 corp + 1 division) on one tile islands without cities. Arty, Flak, Kamikaze and V-1 units do not count.
08. Max number of medium bombers per carrier = 1. No Heavy Bombers on CV's.
09. Airfields can not contain more than 4 planes at the end of the turn.
10. New Airfields can not be built if there is one already less than 5 tiles away.

CHANGE OF INITIAL FILE
- Increased European Axis airforce.
- Strengthen Japanese land Army (defensive units)
- Strengthen Chinese defenses (Walls, militia units)
- Gave some more Radar&Airfields in Europe.
- Gave Minor Allies 1 ASW Destroyer
- Gave Minor Axis 1 Adv Sub
- Gave CW one Settler
- Army can only carry 2 units (3 with Pentagon) but have other benefits.
- Adv Subs can not detect invisible units.
- Change Desert Defense to 0%
- Changed Malta tile to Hills (to increase defense)
- Germany can rush units with cash
- Germany can only draft 1 unit (like everyone else)
- Gave extra workers to all nations
- Helsinki is under German control
- Change Workers Jobs duration
- Few more strange suprises that will came along the way

America and Japan are still open.

Drendor as Germany and me as Russia... where have I seen this before?

Either is fine by me. Maybe US and China. I would be happy with Japan if someone would prefer the US.

I thought someone had Japan. Going crosseyed maybe.

Wich version of the scenario will we be playing and wich biq?

I need to practise this some before the slugfest begin....

practise! that's like reading the instructions before putting something together. play cold its more interesting that way.

In the MP games I have played we use a house rule which says that
cities cannot be traded except back to the original owner. You may
want to use this rule to prevent the kind of island hopping which
occured in the Blitz. It would also make it tougher for Japan to intervene
in Europe.

I´m pretty happy with playing das Reich. Is it ok for you to play America//China Techguy?

Regarding gifting cities; The houserule that Eric proposed seems like a nice idea. I´m for it.

What biq and wich version of HOF are we playing by the way?

I don't mind playing the US/China but the thing is, I tried them before and won in the previous HOF pbem :p

And Luthor, could you post the BIQ with the changes you made?

I think that giving cities should be allowed as it is a way to increase the potential of allied intervention (as no allied units can enter your cities), but I'll take the majority rule.

Any other disagreements with the rules? I'd rather discuss them beforehand rather than during the game.

I think that giving cities should be allowed as it is a way to increase the potential of allied intervention (as no allied units can enter your cities), but I'll take the majority rule.

Any other disagreements with the rules? I'd rather discuss them beforehand rather than during the game.

Now that I think about it, we made an exception to the no city trading
rule which allowed Plymouth to be traded to the USA. Otherwise it would
be impossible to recreate the massive US buildup for the Normandy invasion.

I'm a little concerned that since armies hold only 1 unit, it doesn't represent the strength nor the endurance of such high value units. Japan will have an interesting time breaking through Chinese defenses, if at all. China now has radar towers and 5/10/1 cheap infantry with a +1 hp modifier.

Another thing that I am concerned about is the switch up for Bengazi to the Minor Axis. With a consolidated command for the minor axis in North Africa, the British do not have enough troops to repel the initial rush. The previous version, with the Germans in command of the Afrika corp, the logistics problem was correctly reflected with the Italian/German command.

Also, why are there extra rail lines that didn't exist in the previous version (nor in real life)? Namely, Tripoli-Bengazi, Delhi-Karachi, Chungking-Kweiyang. Free movement is dangerous to the balance of the game.

I'm a little concerned that since armies hold only 1 unit, it doesn't represent the strength nor the endurance of such high value units. Japan will have an interesting time breaking through Chinese defenses, if at all. China now has radar towers and 5/10/1 cheap infantry with a +1 hp modifier.

Another thing that I am concerned about is the switch up for Bengazi to the Minor Axis. With a consolidated command for the minor axis in North Africa, the British do not have enough troops to repel the initial rush. The previous version, with the Germans in command of the Afrika corp, the logistics problem was correctly reflected with the Italian/German command.

Also, why are there extra rail lines that didn't exist in the previous version (nor in real life)? Namely, Tripoli-Bengazi, Delhi-Karachi, Chungking-Kweiyang. Free movement is dangerous to the balance of the game.

Armies are cheaper though? I think they can be produced at the cost of 90 shields?

So... what is happening? I'd like to give a little edit on the map myself to make things a bit more balanced... what do you think guys?

Top Bottom