• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C3C PBEM - WWII HOF - 'Malta'

It was a calculated risk I guess on my part. I figured that with my hp and raw attack point advantage I could squeeze this win out. The curious thing that got me was that I couldn't believe you were moving your troops so close to mine's. Just counting the tiles, the Russian troops were at risk of being counterattacked. I would have picked a different angle to attack the German stack on that airfield. Or I would have stayed put and play defensively along my cities... just a few thoughts.

Nonetheless... I'd like to keep going... it's hard to imagine that the game is going to end in 2 turns.

It was a calculated risk I guess on my part. I figured that with my hp and raw attack point advantage I could squeeze this win out. The curious thing that got me was that I couldn't believe you were moving your troops so close to mine's. Just counting the tiles, the Russian troops were at risk of being counterattacked. I would have picked a different angle to attack the German stack on that airfield. Or I would have stayed put and play defensively along my cities... just a few thoughts.

Nonetheless... I'd like to keep going... it's hard to imagine that the game is going to end in 2 turns.

You are right, it would have been wiser to stay put in my cities!

One question though: What do you mean by "raw attack point advantage "?
I believe that I was defending at 21 while you were attacking at 18 and 12?
Or am I missing something here?

Well, in my books, the terrain modifiers aren't as important as the raw defense values. In my experience playing Civ3, I'm never too sure how the Civ3 engine will factor in the defense modifiers... so I rather play more on good positioning instead of relying on my terrain for modifiers.

Well, in my books, the terrain modifiers aren't as important as the raw defense values. In my experience playing Civ3, I'm never too sure how the Civ3 engine will factor in the defense modifiers... so I rather play more on good positioning instead of relying on my terrain for modifiers.

Intresting. I have always been a terrain-addictive player who always order his troops through mountains and hills eventhough if it just was for to buy a hot-dog. :)

Maybe some other player have a view on this?

Far East:
Heavy arty in Singapore damages CA Kumano 2HPs.

Med:
Tobruk:
Me109 destroyed on the ground by B-25
JU-88 damaged 2HP by Lanc.
2 CAs damaged by naval bombard by 2 CLAAs and a BB
Fighter causes futher damage but I don't know to what
because I had nothing spotting the city.

Convoy NW of Tobruk ambushed by RN (after it had landed
it's cargo unfortunately). IT DD redlined by BB bombard.
IT DD sunk by DD Napier
IT sub sunk by CW DD (took 1 hp)
IT Transport sunk by CW sub (took 2 hp)

2 foreign legions damaged in the Casablanca area by BB and heavy
arty.
Granary in Casablanca destroyed by TB

Europe:
All roads to Cherbourg and Brest destroyed by B-25s, Lancs and DBs
1 CW fighter shot down by Me 109 south of Cherbourg
1 Me 109 shot down by CW fighter near Antwerp
German CA in Brest damaged by Lanc.
Heavy gun destroys roads near Antwerp

Now here is a strange one, my army in Britain spotted a
U-boat north of Yarmouth!! Is this one of the changes to armies
that Luthor made??

Anyway the U-boat was quickly sunk by TBs and DBs.

Armies appears to have RADAR and DETECT INVISIBLE. This was also exhibited in the last version of HOF which I forgot to mention. Must be all those people in the army with their peerless eyes.

Jap CV sinks a US Submarine South of ex-Davao... :(

US Submarine sinks a CV of the evil Japanese taskforce near Pearl Harbor.

Pandang - North sank Allies DD DeRuter adn Korteaner by DD after bombing

Manado Garrison by Marine

N Singapore - CW ID by lt tank

Manila - killed militia

Ichang k 3 ID by army and lt tank and got a leader

Singapore - 3rd Indian Corp and an ID(?) by Marine after bombing and shelling

Wake k art after shelling

gps-->techguy

Lost 1 medium bomber to interceptor when bombing german army stack near Kharkov. All other bombers failed pathetically when 2-3 medium bombers and 4-5 Sturmoviks managed to take 2 hp´s off the german units.

Bomber cut 1 road near Kharkov.

Lost bomber to interceptor near Odessa.

Lost sub to DD in the baltic

Lost DD to sub in Murmansk.

GPS to Eric_A

German Turn Summary:
- bombers hammer the Russian road network. Lost 2 Ju88s to CAP, shot down 2 Yak-3s with Me109s. Moskow isolated from trade network.
- 2 u-boats sink 2 CLAAs near Suez
- roads bombarded by 2 BC, 1 CA near Plymouth
- 2 u-boats sink CV Formidable and transport near Halifax

Minor Axis Turn Summary:
- Bombers and artillery bombard Minor Allies infantry corp outside Alexandria, shot down 1 fighter. Infantry corp redlined
- Italian infantry corp 5/5 engages Free French infantry corp 1/5: Italian infantry corp 4/5, Free French infantry corp 0/5
- Bombers harrass the remnants of the CW fleet near Suez. 2 DD, 1 BB redlined. 3 Italian BBs bombard and sinks the 3 ships.
- sunk sub near Crete with sub

Far East:
Lancaster bomber cuts road connecting Hanoi to Hong Kong.

Med:
N of Suez, army spots IT sub which is sunk by DB and CLAA (1/3)
East Of Crete CW sub (2/4) sinks unkown sub.
Tobruk area:
B-25 and Lanc shot down by Me109s
It corp damaged by BB and TB
DD damages JU-88 (2/4)

Europe:
Prinz Eugen sunk by B-25 and sub (sub promoted to 4/4)
DB & Lanc shot down by Me-109s near Paris
Me-109 shot down by B-25
Lanc destroys road to iron near Paris
B-25 destroys rail in dye tile near Paris

BB sinks a U-boat South of Halifax.

Chinese bombers injure the Army near Ichang. 1 bomber was lost to a zero.

The Japanese airforce needs some practice.

Ichang - lost bomber, killed ID, 2 militia and a flak. The town is held by a cannon. :(

Chunking - lost bomber

Killed inf captured wake

Manila - killed lt tank, captured

Pearl vivinity - lost DD to sub, CA sank sub

Pandang killed militia and sank transport with DD, can't quite get there to capture the unguarded town though.

Singapore - killed militia and flak - everyone else must have ran away - captured

Bombed CW CA Exeter to red line

Lost 3 bombers around Mandalay.

gps-->techguy

Black sea fleet destroyed a road near Odessa and injured the fighter inside the city. 1 Sturmovik later destroyed the fighter.
1 bomber also cut road north of the city.

Bombers harassed the german troops at the "Airfield of death".

GPS to Eric_A

German Turn Summary:
- Luftwaffe planes gain absolute air superiority over the Eastern front. Overwhelmed by sheer numbers, the Russian airforce based in Voronezh and Tula was smashed on the ground. 4 Sturmovik, 1 Il-4, and 2 Yak-3 destroyed in total. Lost 1 Ju88 to flak.
- various improvements destroyed in Voronezh with planes
- cut rail NE of Moskow with planes
- cut road NE of Stalingrad with planes
- sunk sub near Kiel with sub

Minor Axis Turn Summary:
- 5/5 Italian Corp engages 3/3 CW Infantry Division in Alexandria, Italian Corp 2/5 CW Infantry Div 0/3
- 2/5 Italian Corp engages 3/3 CW Infantry Div in Alexandria, Italian Corp 2/5 CW Infantry Div 0/3
- 4/4 Italian Folgore (Paratroopers) engages 3/3 Field Artillery, 2/4 Italian Folgore 0/3 Field Artillery
- 3/3 Italian Infantry Div engages 3/3 Flak, 2/3 Italian Infantry 0/3 Flak
- Alexandria captured. 1 fighter destroyed on the ground along with an unknown number of DDs
- Regia Marina and airforce bombards Suez. Sunk 1 BB, 1 CLAA, 2 DD, 1 transport. Destroyed 1 DB on the ground. CW army damaged.
- bombers damaged calvary div near Asyut. Light tank kills calvary div. Destroyed 2 planes on the airfield.
- rail between Alexandira and Suez destroyed by planes

Far East:
Road south of Hanoi cut by Lanc.

Med:
8th army recaptures Alexandria, killing 1 inf div and arty. and then
kills 1 IT inf corp west of the city.

Near Suez, CA Gorzia sunk by sub (1/5).

N of Oran ASW patrol runs into sub, we lost 2 DDs before
CLAA finishes off sub and is promted to vet.

Europe:
Lost 1 spitfire and 1 B-25 to me-109s near Paris
Lost another B-25 to flak
Lost another Lanc to me-109 near Kiel
Lanc destroys rails N of Marsilles
DD (3/3) sinks sub 5 tiles NW of Kiel

Top Bottom