C3C v1.22 Patch Update (requires v1.20)

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Firaxis has released the v1.22 patch update to fix the issues that have been found with v1.20 patch.

NOTE: In order to take advantage of the fixes contained within this update you must download and install Patch v1.20 before installing this patch.

Patch v1.22 includes fixes for the following issues:

* Multiplayer Loading Problems
* Conquests Industrial Tech Page Problems
* Game Limits for Multiplayer Tournaments
* Radio Text Fixes

Next week a full version with all files included will be posted.

Download the patch from: Firaxis CivFanatics (9.18 MB)

-- Thunderfall

Originally posted by alexman
Version 1.22 is on Firaxis' website.

It fixes the other problems of 1.20 mentioned above.

Description from Firaxis site:

Civilization III: Conquests v1.22 Patch

NOTE: In order to take advantage of the fixes contained within this update you must download and install Patch v1.20 before installing this patch.

Patch v1.22 includes fixes for the following issues:

Multiplayer Loading Problems
Conquests Industrial Tech Page Problems
Game Limits for Multiplayer Tournaments
Radio Text Fixes

No further information is given

Is this some rushed version? All of them up till now has included the previous fixes. I hate to install two patches... :(

alexman: Have you (or anyone else) confirmed it actually fixes the four mentioned issues? I'd check myself, but I don't feel like installing and uninstalling to finish my remaining 1.15 game before installing again if someone else done the work for me already.

Also, am I correct you don't need 1.21 if you've got 1.22?

i tried DLing the 1.22 fix and it DL's 3.65 mb of it and stops DLing saying the DL is done...but the file is 9 mb... what gives?

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
alexman: Have you (or anyone else) confirmed it actually fixes the four mentioned issues? I'd check myself, but I don't feel like installing and uninstalling to finish my remaining 1.15 game before installing again if someone else done the work for me already.

Also, am I correct you don't need 1.21 if you've got 1.22?

I, for my person, will wait until there is a 1.25 which does the fixes as the combination of 1.20 and 1.22. For sure - although I am sitting on a DSL - I won't load a buggy patch to be allowed to install the fix for the first.

If there never will be a 1.25, so what? I will play a little bit more with 1.15 and will hope for a good company to develop another CIV-like game.

Originally posted by CivIIenthusiast
i tried DLing the 1.22 fix and it DL's 3.65 mb of it and stops DLing saying the DL is done...but the file is 9 mb... what gives?

For this, you will have to load the 1.23 patch. Of course, first you would have to install 1.20 to screw up your game, then the 1.22 to be able to install the 1.23 finally.... :p

:mad: :cry: :mad:

NP here. Downloaded in about 20 seconds (complete file: 9.4Meg).

It seems this patch is not compatible with 1.20 saves. I got Data IO error when trying to load a 1.20 save.

I haven't tried MP but the issues with Radio tech have been fixed. Definitely give this update a try, guys.

Thanks Jesse for releasing the update so quick.

wow! I'm impress, a fix in two days.

Hi all,

my 2 cents on the whole patch history.

1) Beta patches:

I was opposed to these as they might create expectations of features that wouldn't make it into the final patch. The release of several beta patches was also the source of dislike towards Firaxis, Atari, ...

2) The 'disaster' patch 1.20

OK, some serious bugs made it into the final release that should have been detected... but hey, we're all only human. Nobody's without faults. I think it's a great thing that they're actually providing support (knowing that they probably have a tight work scheme for CIV 4 (aka cIV)). Some other companies won't go through all that trouble and even leave their customers with a buggy product.

3) The 'recovery' 1.21 & 1.22

With the quick release they earn our greatest respect. This is yet another proof that they are very related to the community (here at CFC & poly) andactually read what people write about their creation. :goodjob: :goodjob: guys, keep up the good work.

Greetz Jurimax

Originally posted by Jurimax
Hi all,

my 2 cents on the whole patch history.

1) Beta patches:

I was opposed to these as they might create expectations of features that wouldn't make it into the final patch. The release of several beta patches was also the source of dislike towards Firaxis, Atari, ...

2) The 'disaster' patch 1.20

OK, some serious bugs made it into the final release that should have been detected... but hey, we're all only human. Nobody's without faults. I think it's a great thing that they're actually providing support (knowing that they probably have a tight work scheme for CIV 4 (aka cIV)). Some other companies won't go through all that trouble and even leave their customers with a buggy product.

3) The 'recovery' 1.21 & 1.22

With the quick release they earn our greatest respect. This is yet another proof that they are very related to the community (here at CFC & poly) andactually read what people write about their creation. :goodjob: :goodjob: guys, keep up the good work.

Greetz Jurimax

I agree with most of what you said, .... but I think that the beta patch releases were great, were good for us and was a great feedback loop for Firaxis. I have really enjoyed playing the 1.15b and now I will upgrade to the 1.22 release as soon as I finish my current game.

Some things are still not 100% done with 1.22:

-MPTournament.biq still has Radio tech fully implemented
-same for all other optional biq files in scenario folder
-not all Civilopedia entries for Radar Towers are fixed (Radar Tower decsription from Game Concept group of entries and Worker Actions group of entries still refer to Radio)
-while Readme.txt in conquest folder is updated, that's not case for readme.txt in base conquest folder
-readme and installer refer to 1.21 patch

Still, I could call all this a group of minor bugs.

Originally posted by Chieftess

Next week a full version with all files included will be posted.
Without any futher fixes? Just to make sure that I do not need too patch up the game once again next week... ;)

:lol: whats next are they going to start coming out with a new patch that solves only one problem every few days :crazyeye:

Top Bottom