CAARmen's Asian Wrath- A HoI2 Mod34 AAR

As chairman of the Ballenbak Railway Company I would just like to thank our head of state Carmen for letting me help our fantastic nation.

CAARmen's Asian Wrath
Chapter Four: Intelligence Varies

November 20th, 1933

It was decided by in absentia voting that the Germanicus Military Academy begin to formulate new land doctrines based upon "Defensive Principles". Also, this day was marked by the utter failure of our counterintelligence agency, but with triumphs in foreign intelligence; we succeeded in sending spies to the Soviet Union, Mongolia, and the United Kingdom, although we failed to send spies into Japan, Manchuria, the United States, France, India, or Your Mother's Bedroom. No screenshot is shown.

December 10th, 1933

The counterintelligence agency has recouped its failure on November 30th by capturing spies from Communist China, the Guangxi Clique, and Australia. If they continue the good work, I may be inspired to give taillesskangaru a nominal city renaming. Unfortunately, this day was marked by the failure of the foreign intelligence agency to penetrate even one nation. Seems like that promotion is still a ways off.

January 13, 1934

Due to freed up Industrial Capacity, the Council in absentia has unanimously agreed to build a serial run of 10 infantry divisions. While dissent decrease may take up some time, as industry had been diverted, it should not pose a serious problem. Also, I am proud to announce that Ballenbak has done a successful job in getting spy rings into Japan and Manchuria, in addition to tailless successfully sending a spy ring into the Communist Chinese Front. Good job so far.

The Great 10 Infantry Divisions have been Ordered

February 1st, 1934

It has been one year since the first CFC Nationalist Cabinet Meeting, but there are only two things worth noting. Firstly, the Council in absentia has decided to become further Interventionist, not only to combat the Japanese, but also to lower Consumer Goods Demand. Secondly, we successfully sent spies into Communist China and Japan. Counterintelligence once again proves useless, as they kill one of their own agents. Epic Fail.

Our Situation on February 1st, 1934

February 21st, 1934

Selective Industrial Processes has been completed by the CFC National Works. The Moose Li Chemical Company has been chosen to research new techniques for the "Chemical Industry". No screenshot.

February 28th, 1934

Good News: Sent Spies into Japan
Bad News: Utterly Failed in all other attempts to infiltrate other countries, and our money supply has been exhausted. Dammit. No screenshot.

March 24th, 1934

Great News! Firstly, the Germanicus Military Academy finished their research on new defensive techniques, and our armies have become slightly better as a result. Also, the first infantry division has been created! Sometime in March, infrastructure was also completed in Hankou, the first step to our greatness. Anyways, I now need the Council's opinion on two things:

1. Where should I deploy the infantry division?
2. What new techs should I research?

Our Glorious Technology Research Screen

Dibs on the division to help pwn Yellow Reds.

FOR CHINA!

CAARmen's Asian Wrath
Chapter Five: War with the Communists

March 24th, 1934

The Council of Gloom has decided to fulfill Princescamp's pleas for a better air force, by allowing him to formulate an air doctrine of "Bombing" enemies into submission. We don't know how to bomb anything, which is extremely sad. Thus, Princescamp will teach our pilots how to use a release trigger over large targets. Considering the fact that most of our planes are total wooden wrecks however, I wouldn't be surprised if our air force will be inept for at least the next two years, at least compared to Japan.

We have also committed the new "27th Rice Devourers" division to the newly created Guangxi Front, commanded by a seriously badass Shaolin Kung-Fu monk of some sort. This new army doubles up as defense against the Guangxi, and it helps surround the Communist forces. There are now no viable areas for the Communists to run away to, as the gaps in our line are easily covered by our large armies.

27th Rice Devourers Division, before Official Renaming

April 15th, 1934

The Dachs Arsenal completed research on Post-WW1 Infantry, meaning our army will suck slightly less, hopefully most of our army will be upgraded before the war against the Communists. We will not celebrate just yet however, not until the first division has been upgraded.

The Germanicus Military Academy is back in duty, now researching WW1 Concepts, land doctrines which sadly enough, are even more outdated than our army. Seriously, what the hell.

A Step in the Right Direction

May 4th, 1934

A momentous occasion has occurred for our intelligence agency. Due to Ballenbak's excellent espionage skills, we have achieved FULL penetration of Japan's government, and all their intelligence has been revealed to us. While I am almost certain the air force estimate is off, and that the army is slightly bigger, I am still willing to give Ballenbak an official commendation for his outstanding work for he has been able to complete the task of penetrating Japanese intelligence, and losing only 2-3 spy rings in the process. That's an even greater success rate than penetrating the Allies or even Chinese warlords. Only one front can rival this achievement, and that's the Soviet Union with only 50% penetration rate. (Although the success rate there has been roughly equal)

Full Japanese Penetration

Joe Ballenbak has been awarded the Order of the Cloud and Banner for his Efforts

OOC: Do not worry, my other Council members. You will be recognized soon enough. I have medals awaiting conduct in military campaigns, in addition to technological achievements and other such actions. Even one for suppressing partisans. :)

May 30th, 1934

Huge problem. I can only spare half a shoe factory on upgrading our army. There is good news however, the "28th Shaolin Monks" division has been equipped and has been deployed to the Guangxi Front. No screenshot, since its not really worth it. :p

July 14th, 1934

The Moose Li Chemical Company has completed research on Chemical Industry. The National CFC Works are now researching new techniques for our "Light Industry", improving our IC efficiency by another 2%. Every bit counts I suppose.

Oh yeah, and today's Bastille Day. Celebrations in France, whatever.

Research as of July 14th

August 3rd, 1934

The "29th Cannonfodder" infantry division has been equipped and has been assigned to the Guangxi Front. In addition, Hindenburg died in Germany. In between this day and July 14th, Xibei San Ma gave us the blueprint for Census, which will be useful, and Hankou's infrastructure was improved again. No screenshot sadly.

August 6th, 1934

Another clothesmaking factory complex was opened in Chongqing today. Hopefully, we'll be able to upgrade our divisions faster now. No screenshot.

August 20th, 1934

Two techs were finished today. The Germanicus Military Academy finished collecting all our WW1 Doctrines, and Princescamp finished teaching our bombers how to hit buildings. Both doctrines will prove useful in the future, the former gives us access to more land doctrines & allows us to build HQs, while the latter allows us to conduct numerous air missions, the most important being Strategic Bombardment.

Now, we get to extremely important research. The Germanicus Military Academy will now try to create a "Centralized Planning" Committee to improve our army's overall capabilities, while Princescamp will now research "Tactical Air Support" doctrines, which allows our pilots to release triggers over enemy troop columns, something slightly harder to do.

Important Research is Important

September 23rd, 1934

In AD 1934, war was beginning.

ROFL Mao (Is gonna get pwn'd)

Mao: What happen?
Commie #1: Somebody us invade now.
Commie #2: We get signal.
Mao: What!
Commie #2: Main letter open up.
Mao: Its him!
carmen510: How are you gentlemen.
carmen510: All your province are belong to us.
carmen510: You are on the way to destruction.
Mao: What you say !!
carmen510: You have no chance to survive make your time.
carmen510: Ha ha ha...
Mao: Take off every soldier.
Mao: You know what you doing.
Mao: Move soldier.
Mao: For great justice.

The hell?

WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!! ....

My reaction

My analysis:

Good News: We outnumber them in the south by like 8:1, and thats not including our air support. Crushing them would take about a week.

Bad News: Our forces are basically screwed in the north, so we need to wrap up operations in the south as quickly as possible so we can reinforce the north. In addition, our doctrine allowing interdiction missions has not yet been completed, and NO divisions have been upgraded due to absolute crap IC.

Also, our dissent hit the fan, so we're basically back to early 1933 dissent levels. ARGH.

EDIT: There are two Tactical Air Support doctrines, I'll add the other to the technology list soon enough.

Move all available troops in the north to the river to hold the line while forces from the south mop up these rebels, then shift then north.

-Ironman, head of Commie Killing.

Those damn Commies, you have my full cooperation to obliterate them all!

PS: Nice going with al the new updates :goodjob:

CAARmen's Asian Wrath
Chapter Six:

September 23rd, 1934

The news is grim. Our resumption of the war against the Communists did not go well with the people. They do not want to see another war, but we must do it to secure China for the good of CFC. Even worse, the Communists have a new base in the Qingling Mountains, and it will be nearly impossible to take them out there until we redeploy our forces there. The troops are also cowardly, they do not wish to fight the Communists, because they believe they are fighting fellow Chinese and they do not want to fight actually experienced men. Hopefully, combat will whip them into shape.

The good news is that we have initiated an offensive against the Communist forces in the south, with overwhelming force. Our Anti-Comintern Army led by IronMan is attacking Changsha from Hankou, and despite attacking from across a river, should be able to defeat the Communists with his 6:1 advantage. The Guangxi Army led by our Shaolin Monk is attacking Pingxiang from Ganzhou, and has a 5:1 advantage. The only attack that may fail is the 4th Corps attack against the Communist capital of Nanchang from Shangrao, as it is a close 3 against 2 divisions. I have also ordered the 1st CFC Interceptor Wing to retain Air Superiority over the Communist skies, and the 1st CFC Tactical Wing to redeploy to the north, so that we may bomb Communist factories, as we have not yet completed research on tactical bombing.

Image of Our Offensive

Speaking of research, there is no longer enough IC to sustain the Germanicus Military Academy's research and the project had to be shut down, which pisses me off greatly.

As for the Northern Front, all troops available are to move as quickly as possible to retain all territories. With luck, we may even be able to beat the Communist forces here once we redeploy everyone available. No screenshot of this.

September 24th, 1934

Seems like our offensive paid off. The Communists are now all retreating, with the exception of some Communists in Zhuzhou who we didn't attack. Our forces have also "mobilized", giving us great manpower benefits and making our government more aggressive.

Victory in the South

September 28th, 1934

No screenshot lads. Communist forces attacked Guyuan, with a 5:1 advantage. We counterattacked with whatever forces left in the area, and beat off the attack. However, we disengaged just after stopping their offensive, as it was impossible to break their additional reinforcements that bumped their division count to 8. We are trying to reinforce Guyua and forces will arrive on October 14th.

We also took Nanchang, and the Communist government in its disarray, moved the capital to Pingxiang, where our forces are marching upon.

September 29th, 1934

The Communists offered a tempting peace, but since they didn't give up the south totally, we refused. No screenshot.

October 3rd, 1934

Some important events happened today. First, we captured Changsha and our Anti-Comintern Army attacked Zhuzhou and won. Secondly, we have a "Silver Export Crisis" with the US, making us lose money and having +1 dissent. Thirdly, India now have a navy, and although pathetic, is still better than ours. Finally, another division has been equipped, which is a godsend. This is why we are calling it the 30th "Godsend" Division, attached to the 1st CFC National Army led by General Equuleus, to help in containing the northern Communists.

Bad News for our Long-Term Strategies

October 4th, 1934

Tianshui was attacked with overwhelming force, with an 8:1 advantage for the Communists. Our Xibei San Ma division there was battered, and an overall attack on the front failed to relieve them. They are now falling back to Nancheng. No screenshot.

October 5th, 1934

Victory against the Communists in the South! All provinces there have been given to us. Sadly, the Communists had a "Long March" which saved a bunch of their asses and forced us to make peace with them, although their forces will not fully reach the north for a few months. This peace however also means they can fortify their position in the North.

Good news for us is that we may now deploy there at will, and we have an additional two years to prepare for renewed conflict.

For significant contributions to National Security by defeating the southern Communists, I hereby award General IronMan of the Anti-Comintern Army, the Order of the Precious Tripod 3rd Class. I also award General Equuleus of the 1st National CFC Army the Medal of Outstanding Service for helping defend the northern front.

General IronMan has been awarded the Order of the Precious Tripod 3rd Class

General Equuleus has been awarded the Medal of Outstanding Service

Apologies to General Equuleus, as I can only find the ribbon for this award, and not the medal.

October 8th, 1934

Two major events happened. First, we demobilized, removing any benefits of mobilization, meaning we suck more now although we do get -5 dissent. That's the bad news.

The good news is that Germany approached us with an agreement of our resources for their military and technical support. The agreement has been signed, and we get an additional -1 dissent. This puts us at 21% dissent. No screenshot.

October 17th, 1934

Double Ten Day happened on October 10th, lowering our dissent by 2% again. Yay.

Also, Catalonia declared independence from Republican Spain, and will obviously be crushed even faster than we crushed the southern Communists.

October 27th, 1934

Some minister created a Pacifist speech which somehow warmed relations with Communist China, the Shanxi warlords, and the Guangxi Cliques as well as lowering our belligerence. This unnamed minister obviously has no place in our Council, and will be sacked as soon as we find out who it is.

It is now time to end this update, and I still didn't get back my third research slot. The bastards.

Situation on October 27th, 1934

I don't think we've quite come to throwing bombs out window yet, I believe we're still using the good old 100 man toss.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you: Air Force, due to need to research doctrines, couldn't do ANYTHING in the recent bout. Unless you mean the waste of fuel used to get air superiority over a powerless enemy.

So yes, we will need much more funding in the Air Force sector, but we must also modernize our army.

Let's stick with one major specialization for now, for we don't have a lot of tech slots.

Germanicus is the main army guy so you will have to talk to him.

Top Bottom