CAARmen's Asian Wrath- A HoI2 Mod34 AAR

Yes, those techs I leave to my subordinates, as they understand the infantry much better than a man who commands the entire armed forces. :p

Anyways with that said, I will support General Dachs in his picks for WW1 Doctorine and Prioritize Infantry techs.

Finally, while it is not my duty, I must protest aligning with Germany, it is true they are a heavily industrialized nation and may be able to help us, but we have to realize is that they are limited themselves, remember the Great European War? I still say America is our best bet.

As Minister of the Economy I say we work towards industrial technology before turning towards war industries. It will help us in the long run.

As Commie Kicker, I say we invest in better being able to mobilize our forces. Large boots and all that. =P

Oh, I forgot some very important details about the techs. War Industry also improve production of all factories, infrastructure, forts, and lessens time for unit creation.

Do that then. (I only played 34 once, for half an hour so I don't remember the changes.)

Finally, while it is not my duty, I must protest aligning with Germany, it is true they are a heavily industrialized nation and may be able to help us, but we have to realize is that they are limited themselves, remember the Great European War? I still say America is our best bet.

I think Germany is unlikely to face a similar situation since Russia no longer cooperates with the west.

The problem with the US is its isolationist sentiment. No matter how good our relations with the United States get I doubt they will make any meaningful commitments. (@Carmen510: I assume that even in this mod isolationist democracies can't enter alliances while at peace, and the US is fully isolationist, am I correct?) It is vital that we establish a full fledged alliance with an advanced nation as soon as possible so that they can aid our development by providing us with blueprints.

This looks interesting. I've always wanted to play China but haven't got the chance.

Can I be the totally legitimate government of Tibet? :p

If you mean the soon-to-be provincial governor, then sure. If you mean the Dalai Lama, you'll be allowed to stay as a nominal Head of State for Tibetan Province, where you will be formally be denounced as a lunatic by the world. ;)

Sign me up as a General.

Equuleus' 1st Chinese National Army

CAARmen's Asian Wrath
Chapter One: Reforms and Restoration

February 1st - April 1st, 1933

The first few months of 1933 were troubling ones. The CFC Nationalist Government was fearful of Communist, Warlord, or even Japanese expansion. The economy was one of the weakest in the world, for a regional power. The army was filled with incompetent and inexperienced officers, in addition to being pretty much the worst army outside of the Himalayan armies, and even Nepalese cavalry would give a fair match to CFC Conscripts.

Finally, the CFC Nationalist Government was corrupt and rotting from within. While virtuous individuals such as Carmen510 (+5% Organization Regain), Karmic Knight (Army Construction Bonuses), potatokiosk (The Great Compromiser), and Luckymoose (+10% IC Bonus) were in charge of the government, there were several ministers that had more personal interests at heart, although none of them thankfully came from the Great CFC Forums, at least not as yet. Such individuals included the Minister of Internal Security (-3% IC), and the secondary Minister of Economic Development, who was also the main Shanxi Warlord. (-10% Supplies)
Luckily, the Shanxi Warlord could not ravage the economy as long as Luckymoose held his post. But what can you expect from a Great Council that was handpicked from a group of whiny teenagers, fanboys, egotistical maniacs, potheads, and people who send out too many damned government letters?

Anyways, to combat these problems, the CFC National Government implemented new reforms. First, the National CFC Works started plans on a War Industry, which would allow us to build fortifications and airports, in exchange for heightened prices upon units. These price hikes would be remedied in due time. The Dachs Arsenal was immediately put to work upon training the army to be infantry-centric. We don't need these new-fangled tanks in a land that's muddy and mountainous, especially since that would drain our precious oil that we could use for brigades or pouring down Communist throats. The Germanicus Military Academy was also put to work, to discover old doctrines from World War One that we had not put into use yet.

Production for new factories in the city of Carmenqing (Previously named Chongqing) was to proceed, for a twenty year period that would be put to good use.

Finally, a reformation of the army and their horrible names was to take place. Seven divisions was placed into the 1st National CFC Army, under the command of General Equuleus, a man with amazing talents to lessen supply burdens upon the economy by starving his troops, which were mostly Counter-Strike players anyways, and had learned to sustain on a minimum diet of pizza, Mountain Dew, and Cheetos. His army was to include the famed 5th CFC Division, a congregation of infamous peoples. This army was to be based in Xi'an. General Equuleus was also to have complete control of the northern divisions, excepting the Xibei San Ma region. This totaled to some 15 divisions, including two Ma divisions which was placed under his control.

The Proud 1st CFC Army led by General Equuleus wearing the Badass Hat

However, General Equuleus was not the only general in employment. General IronMan of the Anti-Comintern Front was put in place in the south, in charge of the Anti-Comintern Army, which totaled 6 divisions in Hankou. However, he would temporarily be in charge of two additional corps with 5 divisions total in the south, having a total of 11 divisions under his command.

The Anti-Comintern Army led by General IronMan in a nonconformist disguise

We had also found previously undiscovered planes that were forgotten ages ago based in Nancheng, where the Communists had taken over and yet the pilots were Nationalists. They were moved to Fuzhou, where PrinceScamp now had some wings to fly. It contained a few interceptors and some tactical bombers.

PrinceScamp's Pitiful Air Force

We also renamed and left units to defend the coastline, notably Shanghai and Karmicking (Formerly Nanking)

Karmic King's Brave Cosplayer Division

Now, as for the events of these few months, nothing truly worth noting. Dissidents were suppressed to 28% percent, two techs are around 60%, Japan withdraws from the League of Nations and had a well deserved earthquake, Germany invents a Diesel Engine (+3% Research Speed) and burns the Reichstag, there was an assassination attempt on FDR, and we rejected a whole bunch of one-sided trades. Our Energy is going down by 400 units per day, but most other nations have energy deficits as well. Those with surpluses give only around 3 units. Oh, and the Allies, USA, and other Social Liberal governments have a -47 relationship with us, while Paternal Autocrats have +28, and Fascists including Germany have +3.

Situation at the beginning of April 1st

So, my fellow ministers, any suggestions? Any at all are welcome.
Oh, and yes, almost every unit has been renamed ridiculously. :)

EDIT: And +1 move towards standing army.

What does the Long March event consist of? Will we need greater preparation to combat it? Because, if not, we should squash the communist scum now while the disease has not been allowed to fester.

:lol at the unit names.

Glad we scrounged up some bombers, although we need more fighter interceptors that are modern or close to modern, none of that World War 1 surpluss we're using for commerical enterprises, we've had to start forcing our passengers to supply their own seat cushions!

What does the Long March event consist of? Will we need greater preparation to combat it? Because, if not, we should squash the communist scum now while the disease has not been allowed to fester.

If we capture two provinces in the Communist Chinese section, the Long March will trigger, and they will get basically what they had in 1.2 HoI2:DDA, which is a crapload of experienced army veterans and those 4 provinces up north. So yeah, we'll need to prepare more forces, preferably enough to combat not only the Communists but also Guangxi in 1937.

EDIT: So now, its Decision '33. What diplomatic course should we take, where should we send our spies, what should we build, etc?

After all, it is a CFC democracy, with all its advantages and faults.

Hooray for my hat and division of Goth Chicks. :D

Surely their black eyeliner will make those reds squeal!

I think we should:

Improve our relations with Germany. They will be much more powerful in the future, now that they have a government with enough backbone to disregard the Versailles treaty.

Send our spies to our own country for counter espionage purposes. I also advocate sending them to Japan to keep an eye on the Japanese.

Focus on consumer good to ease dissent, and infantry.

do the Communists actually do a march into the mountains in this version?

If we capture two provinces in the Communist Chinese section, the Long March will trigger, and they will get basically what they had in 1.2 HoI2:DDA, which is a crapload of experienced army veterans and those 4 provinces up north. So yeah, we'll need to prepare more forces, preferably enough to combat not only the Communists but also Guangxi in 1937.
Yay redonkulousness.

We need a counterweight to Japan, right? What're our relations with the big naval powers in the area?

It looks like we have some money left over. How about we start recruiting some spies and send them to Japan. I trust those imperialist fanatics as far as I can throw them.

With our awesome kung fu skills, the Japanese counter-espionage won't be a problem :p

Top Bottom