1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Camel Rider (Dec 28, 2007)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Sandris, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Hrafnkell

Hrafnkell Alheithinn

I agree with Plotinus that a Tuareg camel warrior would be a nice addition. Perhaps the civ color could be on the sash and/or the camel's blanket/saddle.

2. Mithadan

Mithadan Wandering Woodsman

One way to make the spear carry less wooden might be to shorten it -- it looks to be longer than the camel's entire body.
    I can't remember if a Frankish angon is all iron or if it's more like a Roman pilum, but the ancient Iberians often used solid iron javelins called soliferrum. Apparently it was quite heavy, but as a result had considerable armour piercing capabilities (if wikipedia is to be believed). I suppose that would make the allarh a doable proposition.

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

4. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

Sandris,
    Just wanted to say that you've done a great job with all your new units. They all look really nice.:goodjob:

5. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Accept my belated thanks for this good and much needed unit :goodjob:

6. cemo1956

cemo1956 King

YES,
    Tuareg camel rider, perhaps with old muskets and later rifle.
    That French Camel Rider with the rifle.

This will assure the upgrade of Carthage, any North African countries and perhaps even Arabs. However the North African bloke with the more modern rifle should perhaps also be on a horse. The Tuaregs and Bedouins (fellows that rode with Lawrence of Arabia) probably used more horses than camels.
    Just my two cents of thoughts.

Looking forward to some of those Camel Riders anyhow with guns.

Thanks mate

7. cemo1956

cemo1956 King

Hope you haven´t given up on Camel fighters yet Sandris.

Got a couple for you.
    The British Camel rider, probably attacking the Mahdist...
    helped by the Egyptian bloke....

Guess the british variant could be used if the british got land in desert areas and then have the oppertunity to create camel units to help fighting in the desert. A historical fact indeed.

Attached Files:

8. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

Cemo: in MWNN (For example) the Camel is a resource like Horses (So are Elephants)...All the civs in my game can have Camels if they are in the desert. I do not think I am alone in making my MOD with the concept that India couldnt have Elephants if they were in the Tundra, but that Norway could have Camels if they started in the desert. As a result, I need a ton of different camels...

Egypt, Celtic, Grecian/Roman, African (East/North), Native American, Asian, SE Asian, Arab, Slavic, Germanic, Polynesian, MesoAmerican, Caribbean...I need Riders, Camel Knights, and Camel Cavalry for all those culture groups :)

So dont worry about them being "What if"s because I need those too :)

9. jtxhorns

jtxhorns CaesarVichi

ok nice unit, now how the heck do i put the art in?