Camelot!

What do you think of CAMELOT!? Should there be an update?

• A great scenario. Can’t wait for an update.

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • A good scenario. If you do an update, I might check it out.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • An ok scenario. Not interested in an update.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • This thing is so bad no update could make it better.

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
ok then it's fine. Ill play another game with the romans, mostly because they are next to the eoganacht har har. :D

Oh yeah, one issue i forgot above, is the map that ends abruptly on the sides of the map. It was really annoying attacking cities that weren't visible because of their position at the side of the map, almost inside the black area. I don't really know how this can be fixed, i think the only way is placing some unbuildable terrain on the sides of the map so the stupid AI won't place it's cities there, and place a little bit water to the west of Ireland so it becomes an island.

And i played on monarch, (always do in new mods) but i'll try at emperor now.

I suppose a line of mountains would cure that.

I suppose a line of mountains would cure that.

probably, but it would ruin the very nice landscape. Maybe swamps would be a better idea. Even though swamps can be cleared later, by that time all cities will have been build, so there won't be any (or very few) cities on the sides. ;)

Hello again. I continue to enjoy Camelot! as one of my all time favorite scenarios. I am glad to hear the update version is imminent. Please bring it on. It will be much appreciated. I have looked over your changes doc and recent posts on what will be changed.

Please note the following, if not already addressed:

1) Stables and Marketplaces have redundant function. Maybe eliminate stables or make them do something different.

2) Walls can't be built without palisades, but palisades can't be built once you can build walls.

3) Please, please get rid of pollution.

4) Less gold and science/science rate (in second half of game especially), as noted by others.

5) What good are siege towers compared to trebuchets and trebuchets grande? I have never built one.

6) It would be nice if capitols produced veteran troops.

Spoiler :
Happily, I have been able to win the game now, finding the grail. Is it correct that any unit can pick up the grail, but only the Great Knights can see it? I picked up a grail with a normal knight, to my surprise.

I am now getting crashes on the Eoganacht happy or sad faces at game end, but can't figure out what's wrong with the text file. The text looks properly rendered, but it's giving me a pediaicons file not found error. Argh.

Hello again. I continue to enjoy Camelot! as one of my all time favorite scenarios.
Thank you, thank you very much.

I am glad to hear the update version is imminent. Please bring it on. It will be much appreciated. I have looked over your changes doc and recent posts on what will be changed.

Please note the following, if not already addressed:

1) Stables and Marketplaces have redundant function. Maybe eliminate stables or make them do something different.
Done

2) Walls can't be built without palisades, but palisades can't be built once you can build walls.
Fixed

3) Please, please get rid of pollution.
Somewhat. There will need to be some pollution. We are dealing with the Dark Ages after all.

4) Less gold and science/science rate (in second half of game especially), as noted by others.
Yes, it was way too Monty Haul. (10 bonus points to the contestant that knows where that phrase originated!)

5) What good are siege towers compared to trebuchets and trebuchets grande? I have never built one.
As good as you want them to be. Siege towers were a part of the period, historically. So there in. Actually, I have found that for some reason, even with the same stats, they seem to be more effective against ground troops than catapults.

6) It would be nice if capitols produced veteran troops.
Why?

I am now getting crashes on the Eoganacht happy or sad faces at game end, but can't figure out what's wrong with the text file. The text looks properly rendered, but it's giving me a pediaicons file not found error. Argh.
Hmm... Not sure what's going on. If you say the text file is good...

Spoiler :
Happily, I have been able to win the game now, finding the grail. Is it correct that any unit can pick up the grail, but only the Great Knights can see it? I picked up a grail with a normal knight, to my surprise.
This should have been hidden under a spoiler as there might still be others out there that don't know this. If you could be so kind, perhaps you could edit you post. But I'm glad to hear you found the grail. And yes, any unit can capture the grail, but only the Great Knights can see it. It is an unfortunate glitch in the game engine that every unit must have the "Capture" field checked in the editor.

Thank you again for your enthusiasm.

historically/realism
because capitol means a palace, and a town with a palace can build "royal" units. And even if they don't, I think a town with a palace can create better units than a town without one (because of the need of some trained guards to guard the palace)

strategically
Pretty obvious, it gives some defensive bonuses to early city defense.

I agree with that idea
:goodjob:

yeah i had the same problem and posted the solution towards the top of this page.
;)

One page back, it looks like. Yeah, I already had to modify the rendering of "Éoganacht" in the pediaIcons text file in order to not get crashes, including the one you listed which I would encounter as soon as I opened the diplomacy screen after having met the Éoganacht. Somehow, even though the text looks entirely correct, when it tries to reference the following, it crashes:

#SHAPP_RACE_ÉOGANACHT
art\leaderheads\EO_SHAP.pcx

I haven't tried changing it to POGANACHT, because I was able to fix the others by getting the accent properly rendered. I need to tinker with the text some more to see if I can get it working right.

Azmorg: Veteran units out of the capitol is just nice, not necessary. I have enjoyed this feature in the Ancient Mediterranean mod.

Less pollution is a satisfactory solution.

Whoops, sorry about the bit of a spoiler on the quest. I wasn't aware of the handy "spoiler" feature nicely integrated here. I'll use it in the future if necessary and fixed my previous post.

Please also create a random map generating version of the .bic file when you get your update done, as you already so kindly created at my request for the current version. That's where I'm getting my replay mileage. Thank ye muchly.

Hey Synergy:
Up kinda late last night, eh?

So, if I follow correctly, what's happening is that when you achieve a victory, and the game pops up the screen with all the defeated leaderheads, you're experiencing a crash. Is this right? If so, are you getting an error message, "can't find such & such file", or is it a straight to desktop sort of crash.

Version 2 will have a random map. In fact there will be a number of differnt biqs.

It's a Load Error - Missing entry in ...PediaIcons.txt: SHAPP_RACE_ÉOGANACHT. Visually, it all checks out in the file, so I'm not sure what the deal with the text is this time. I could try renaming the happy and sad faces in the text and the accompanying graphics, if necessary. All it keeps me from doing is seeing all the end summary once the game is over...which kind of is a drag, of course, but not nearly as much as a crash during a game, which I have eliminated entirely after dealing with three or so of the usual issues.

I suspect that the accent over the "E" has something to do with it.
I will eliminate this in V2.

Does the Philosophy tech give a free tech as it claims? I can't remember ever getting a free tech from getting it, and I could have sworn I got there first, but maybe I've been mistaken all those times.

There are no techs that give a free tech.
There is a great wonder, Archimedes' Workshop, that grants two free techs. It requires Aristocracy. And there is Merlin's Hall which gives you free techs already owned by at least two civs that you've met. It requires Polytheism. All Philosophy does is allow you to build Temples.

The text for Philosophy says it gives a free tech – so this needs removing.

The Civilopedia text for Excalibur says, "produces an Army emery 5 turns" = "every 5 turns."

Walls should be explained better, so that it indicates they are only effective for cities of size (x) or smaller.

I facing some problems with music, I did made a backup of the orignal music and put in camelot, but the game still plays the original music. WTF!!

Anyways nice scenario though, I think it's better off not to interfere with orignal muusic and us the txt to create the music.

The music needs to be put in the following folder. If it doesn't exist, you need to make it.

Scenarios>Camelot!>Sounds

Sounds is one of the main folders, just like Art & Text.
Within sounds should be the following folder: Build.
The three music folders go in it.
They are: Ancient, IndModern, Middle Ages, Misc.

Within these are all the mp3 files.

Hope this helps. The music is actually quite good; really sets the atmosphere.

thanks for the help, but the original music still plays even with the correct files. Is there anything missing in the Text? In the text folder, there is Civilopedia, PediaIcons, and script. Is there supposed to be text that plays the music? If so, post and i can copy and paste it.

Ok, now I'm pissed at you, not because the music can't play (yes it does play on an occassion), but there is no way to remove it. I tried getting to of your scenario (including your zip drive), still plays. I went to the extent of reinstalling civilization III and it still plays. I'm blaming you on this Azmorg and never going to speak to you again.

And yes i did make the backup copy of the old music.

Well, of course you must realize that I've done that entirely on purpose.
You see, I planted a hidden virus in the scenario that secretly takes over your computer so that it will always play the CAMELOT! music. Pretty soon it's going to cross from your computer and enter your brain, taking over your mind forcing you to play the music over & over & over & over & over.
Muuaahhhaaahaahaahaa......

Well, of course you must realize that I've done that entirely on purpose.
You see, I planted a hidden virus in the scenario that secretly takes over your computer so that it will always play the CAMELOT! music. Pretty soon it's going to cross from your computer and enter your brain, taking over your mind forcing you to play the music over & over & over & over & over.
Muuaahhhaaahaahaahaa......

That was hilarious :lol:

Top Bottom