Can I gift a city for peace?

linjon1

Chieftain
having foolishly underfunded my homeland defense while building up my new world colonies, prince, terra, i found myself being slaughtered by peter. he finally agreed to talk to me as he was on the hills surrounding karakorum, but he wouldn't take all my money, all my gpt, ,map, . I wanted to give him an arctic outpost which i initially founded to get horses, but it was redded out, as were all my cities.
Seems kinda dumb.
I evacuated, and will get my revenge....

AIs won't cease fire if they're far superior. they will wipe you off the planet.

I think it depends on your city's nearness to the warring civ, its culture (so it doesn't flip to you), and probably a few other factors. I have done this in the past, but I have not found it to save me from being slaughtered in the long run.

"AIs won't cease fire if they're far superior. they will wipe you off the planet."
I think this is the case. he still won't quit.

I've noticed that AI tends to hardly care about any cities unless its one of your best. Unless you're near utter defeat, in which case he probably wouldn't accept anyway, it would be foolish for you to offer one of these. The AI also seems to ask for cities more nonchalantly than it asks for technology...

I've found that it usually lets you offer cities that once belonged to your enemy (and you conquered off them), so you can give a city you took from them back for peace.

AI never realize their situation
I once laid siege to a Civ's last and only city and I want to make peace becasue the war weariness is hurting me, and guess what? He demand 2 techs and his cities back, of course, I wipe him off the planet

Top Bottom