• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

can we somehow force Fraxis to save Advanced Options=

Advanced options should be saved!

• Yes!

Votes: 133 95.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Although I do really want something like that, I assume it is not possible for them to implement something like that, otherwise they'd have done it long ago, right?

Of course it's easily possible. If they wanted to, I have no doubt they could. It_is_not_rocket_science.
Somebody at Firaxis must have a hardon against it for some dufus reason, is the only thing I can think of to explain why it hasn't been added yet.

Honestly, I'd rather they fix annoying bugs that have been in the game for over a year like the city center tile bug. Then they could fix the new bugs, like the dud RA bug and the late game OP RA bug. Then they could just optimize the game.

It only takes me a second to check the advanced options I use and I rarely reload a bunch of maps to get something I like. I'll admit though, a regenerate map option would be nice. It's just less important to me than a bug-free game.

One thing that I have really noticed with Civ 5 (I haven't played any of the other civs so I can't comment on those) is how the developers can come up and create such complex and great systems. When adding new material such as G&K it must be a hell a lot of work to test it all out and see if it doesn't conflict with all those systems. Also how precise some things are being done is remarkable in my humble opinion. While on the other hand, totally obvious things just seem to be completely forgotten - or just not being paid any attention to. Things like being able to remove multiple save games (I am definitely not going to remove over 100 saves one at the time), game settings that will be saved, the fixing of some strange flaws (when playing as Germany, on the map of the German Empire you can still see that the Netherlands is being named Belgium and the 'real' Belgium being part of France), some handy diplomacy conversations - such as asking another civ to stop sending GP's and missionaries, a play list in which you can pick which soundtracks will be played (something that is quite obvious as well. Many games from the 90's already had such a system) and etcetera. It gives me the idea that while their ideas are great and awesome, they rather spend all their time on that than making the game more user friendly.

Many games from the 90's already had such a system) and etcetera. It gives me the idea that while their ideas are great and awesome, they rather spend all their time on that than making the game more user friendly.

From my experience, a little attention to user-friendliness can go an awful long ways to making players happier. Personally, I'd take the 'set as defaults' button over ANY other bugs that may still be around. It's that important to me. Annoying damn thing.

Its Fraxis's way of saying:

STOP PLAYING AND SLEEP

:lol:
anyways they should probably add a way for favorite gameplay style saves.
For instance option set 1, 2,3 are able to be saved and you can easily choose from them (like a saved game, instead its options)

Oh god yes please do something about this Mr Developer. I thought it was just my install that drops the victory condition check boxes when i mess with the other drop downs, but it seems to be everyone.

And the tedium of resetting all the options on 22 civs to respawn a new map!!! please please do something!!! bring back INI files!!!

The really funny thing is that Aspyr's Mac port started saving advanced options from the very first patch. So the company who ported the game evidently has a better handle on basic interface features than the actual developers. :rolleyes:

I'm want to go to the developers with this, and ask them if there is a good reason why this is not in jet. I busy investigating how to contact them? Does anybody know where/how to reach them?

Thanks!

Top Bottom