Can you change your username?

Jarek Noschese

Prince Gordon
Thank goodness most modern browsers now appear to support the new CivFanatics Forums design (I'm used to it now too). However, I'd still like to know one thing: is it possible to change my username here on the forums? I no longer want to use my full, legal name on sites like this one for privacy reasons.

Thank goodness most modern browsers now appear to support the new CivFanatics Forums design (I'm used to it now too). However, I'd still like to know one thing: is it possible to change my username here on the forums? I no longer want to use my full, legal name on sites like this one for privacy reasons.
PM an admin (they have red badges), and they will take care of it for you.

It is now possible to request a change in User Name without starting a conversation, yet we still have to approve the change. It pops up in a queue we check each time we come on site.

If you go to Account Details and look at your User Name, there should be a little box to the right that says "change". Click on it and follow the process.
You may also send me a message via conversation and I can change the User Name manually if you wish.

Hi, I would like to change my User Name. (I don't use this nickname any more).
I looked in Account Details but there is no "change" box against user name, only against the email address.

Also there is text that says "Your full account details are not currently editable."

So how do I change my User Name please?

Top Bottom